Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old June 30th, 2013, 11:37 AM

LoganTO is surprisingly tart
Historyscape Homepage/General Discussions

Welcome to Historyscape
General Discussion/Welcome Page

The Historyscape team aims to explore the virtually limitless possibilities associated with creating a set of HeroScape custom units that are fully compatible with the existing game mechanics. We will dedicate our time to designing our units through discussion, debate, and meticulous research, playtest these figures with existing units, and generating cards and figures where applicable to ensure that Historyscape may be fully incorporated into the HeroScape universe. New members are always welcome, as different cultural perspectives combined with a broadening of resources will only allow us to improve ourselves and bring us closer to our goal. Our frame of reference is extremely vast. With the entirety of the Internet plus countless primary and secondary historic sources that exist in libraries, archives, and research papers, we can ensure that people of any research ability will be able to contribute to reaching our end-goal.

For simplicity of navigation, this thread acts as a unified centre of activity. Below is a list of threads that members may go to for quick access to the ins and outs of our group. Note: individual sub-project threads will be constantly updated in this list, so ensure you check back frequently in case a new sub-project has arisen that you can’t wait to get your hands on!

Our Threads

The Historyscape Welcome/General Discussion Thread
Spoiler Alert!

The Historyscape Voting Thread
Spoiler Alert!

The Golden Age Of Piracy
Spoiler Alert!

The American West: Jim Bridger in Playtesting
Spoiler Alert!

Russia in Transition
Spoiler Alert!

The Historyscape Playtesting/Feedback Thread
Spoiler Alert!

The Historyscape Design Thread Outline
Spoiler Alert!

The Historyscape Graphics and Arts Thread
Spoiler Alert!

The Historyscape Finalised Units&Sets Thread
Spoiler Alert!

Becoming a Member
If you wish to become a member of our project, please simply post your interest on this thread, or PM one of our Generals: LoganTO, flameslayer93 , and boninchese. Shortly after, your name will be added to the list below. Similarly, we ask that you please announce your leaving of the project to one of the above admins in order to keep our membership base up to date.

Current Members:
All the names below are currently members of this project.
Spoiler Alert!

Rules
Below are the rules, processes, and standards associated with our project.
Spoiler Alert!

Steps to create a new unit/army
Spoiler Alert!

Final note: EXPECTATIONS!!!!

As we are working with History, there should be no lack of resources for you. We request that when designing your characters, keep actual historic context in mind. By no means are you expected to research 50 hours for a single unit, but please ensure that you have at least a working knowledge of some of the historic factors that affected your armies and units so as to ensure a level of realism in your project.

If you plan on quoting anybody in the card, please cite your source so that this information might be verified if the need arises to check your source material.

If ever you are in doubt as to what you should consider: remember the following.
It is always good to consider

Social
Political
Economic
Religious
Militaristic

Ideological
Technological

Factors that affect your units.
That’s right… when in doubt, SPERM IT.

Finally, let’s all have fun and make some awesome units!

Last edited by LoganTO; July 25th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old July 1st, 2013, 09:21 AM

Re: Historyscape Homepage/General Discussions

OK guys, as to what we said before, I think devoting ourselves to one might limit our efficiency. In reality, we don't need 9 people working on one thing.

As such, I would like to propose that after the last of our nominations go through tonight, we will go to the voting thread and vote for 2 that we can work on. After which point, we can establish who wants to work on which etc etc etc.
Old July 1st, 2013, 06:11 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganTO View Post
OK guys, as to what we said before, I think devoting ourselves to one might limit our efficiency. In reality, we don't need 9 people working on one thing.

As such, I would like to propose that after the last of our nominations go through tonight, we will go to the voting thread and vote for 2 that we can work on. After which point, we can establish who wants to work on which etc etc etc.
Good idea. Lets do that.
(Sorry for the mostly usless post )

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old July 1st, 2013, 07:47 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

To answer the question in the other thread, yes I'll join up. I hadn't responded due to other business that day.

Hopefuly this turns swell. ^_^

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 1st, 2013, 07:48 PM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker

So what are the eras we're currently thinking about? I'd like to do a little research into each era before casting my vote.

Also, I would love cross era synergies I think they're one of the best parts of heroscape.

bobinchese is Otonashi...
in the Immortal Cave...

Last edited by bobinchese; July 1st, 2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:18 PM

Below are the eras/armies up for grabs. You will vote on 2 of them beginning tomorrow.

NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
  • Ancient Egypt (dates to be established) [b] NOTE IF DATES ARE NOT SET THIS WILL BE WITHDRAWN-- Ancient Egypt spans almost 3000 years (3100 BCE- 322 BCE) we can't have eras that long.)
  • The Mongolian Empire (1206-1227)
  • The Golden Age of Piracy (1650-1730)
  • American West (1850-1917)
  • Scottish Clans (THIS ONE WAS UNDATED BUT I AM GOING TO PUT UP A DATE: LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE OPPOSED. Scottish Wars of Independence (William Wallace) 1296-1357)
  • Russia (1900-1922)
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:22 PM

Flameslayer welcome aboard, you're officially a member and we're at 10 now
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:23 PM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Below are the eras/armies up for grabs. You will vote on 2 of them beginning tomorrow.

NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
  • Ancient Egypt (dates to be established) [b] NOTE IF DATES ARE NOT SET THIS WILL BE WITHDRAWN-- Ancient Egypt spans almost 3000 years (3100 BCE- 322 BCE) we can't have eras that long.)
  • The Mongolian Empire (1206-1227)
  • The Golden Age of Piracy (1650-1730)
  • American West (1850-1917)
  • Scottish Clans (THIS ONE WAS UNDATED BUT I AM GOING TO PUT UP A DATE: LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE OPPOSED. Scottish Wars of Independence (William Wallace) 1296-1357)
  • Russia (1900-1922)
Both the american west and scottish clans already have heroscape figures associated with them. For that reason, I would like to turn our focus towards a different era.

As for Egypt I would take the era between when northern egypt and southern egypt unified and when it started being taken over by a million other nations.

~bobinchese, who notes that the ancient eras will have to be longer because history speeds up

in the Immortal Cave...
Old July 2nd, 2013, 12:16 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I believe that the American West is to include more than the Lawmen provided by Hasbro.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:59 AM

Yes, Bobinchese, Though the original figures might have included a few figures, it's like saying that their Viking army is a true representation of the entirety.

What would make American West and Scottish Clans interesting is ensuring that they are able to seamlessly interact with already created units.

Ancient Egypt will now be defined to include the first two Egyptian Dynasties. Dates: 3100 BCE-2686 BCE

Also Bobinchese, I know ancient eras will be longer, but 3000 years is ridiculous considering the vast differences in technologies and tactics over that amount of time.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM

And guys, before this vote can be done, we have a vote running on the voting thread.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, Bobinchese, Though the original figures might have included a few figures, it's like saying that their Viking army is a true representation of the entirety.
I realize that it isn't, and I do eventually want to expand upon these preexisting factions. But while we're just starting out, I think our best path would be to focus on a few factions that haven't been touched yet so we can work in a more open environment. Then, once we've gotten a feel for how this all works, I would have no problem with creating units for those preexisting factions.

in the Immortal Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum