Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 17th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Rage Against the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Good God. Please do NOT derail a Rage Against the Machine thread with other bands that the members have been in that suck horribly. Audio Slave is NOT Rage Against the Machine or anything close. Without Zach, they are nothing. Now, more praise for Rage Against the Machine, please and thank you!
I understand Rage and Audio Slave are two very different bands, despite the fact that 3 of the same guys are in both.
I was trying to make a joke with my last post, but I guess it didn't go over well.
I don't understand your hatred for Audio Slave though. If you don't like them, thats fine. Your entittled to your opinion.
Tom Morello is an amazing guitarist, I find it odd that you would love one band that he is/was in, and hate the other. At the very least you could appreciate his talent. Kind of like I do. Rage is not my cup of tea, but I can still appreciate Tom's talent.

Kudos DO go to Tom Morello, but it's not the guitar or even the music that sells me on Rage. It's the depth of the lyrics and passion with which they are sung. The only band I can think of that comes anywhere near Rage in that aspect is Protest the Hero. I just love songs where you can feel the singer's energy even without seeing them live. That really pumps me up and gives me a sort of musical high. I love listening to songs and having to cry because I have so much emotion swelling inside that it has no where else to go and crying/screaming is the fastest way to let some of it out. Rage Against the Machine does this for me (except usually I scream rather than cry) and Audioslave does not even compare.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:24 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Even in my most angst filled teenage years, Zach de la Rocha was someone that I could only handle in small doses. I found it difficult to make it through a whole album in one sitting...

Now before you shout me down and try to revoke my headbanging card, Rage did have some amazing songs. The problem I think was that Zach is so binary. He is either full on or off. I need more dynamic than that. Not every emotion is 'Rage'.

As for other bands that give are good emotional release... well for me it would have to be Henry Rollins or NiN. Even Radiohead (though not everyone gets the subtlety of Radiohead...).
Old July 17th, 2009, 01:03 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Even in my most angst filled teenage years, Zach de la Rocha was someone that I could only handle in small doses. I found it difficult to make it through a whole album in one sitting...

Now before you shout me down and try to revoke my headbanging card, Rage did have some amazing songs. The problem I think was that Zach is so binary. He is either full on or off. I need more dynamic than that. Not every emotion is 'Rage'.

As for other bands that give are good emotional release... well for me it would have to be Henry Rollins or NiN. Even Radiohead (though not everyone gets the subtlety of Radiohead...).
RatM's songs are mostly about the corruption of the government. Rage is the emotion we should have towards politics!

Has anyone noticed my sig???

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What, since you changed it the last time it was also a Rage quote? Whoopee, you're a fan, we get it.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old July 17th, 2009, 02:09 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
What, since you changed it the last time it was also a Rage quote? Whoopee, you're a fan, we get it.
I just thought that mabey one person would comment on it.

Old July 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anybody reading this thread most likely is, or was, a Rage Against the Machine fan, so we know the lyrics. There's not a lot to comment on, unless all you were looking for was an internet cookie for quoting someone else's words.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old July 17th, 2009, 05:15 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Even in my most angst filled teenage years, Zach de la Rocha was someone that I could only handle in small doses.
Hehe, same for me. And I'm 23 now and it's a bit much for me. I'll still listen to them every once in a while, but one song will pretty much do it. Also, once I got a little older and started paying closer attention to lyrics and whatnot, I stopped listening to them so much. Not to rail on them too much, but the message in the songs doesn't seem to vary much. Even so, I still like them a good amount.
Old July 17th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I will give you that they are very binary and their songs lack variety. There are a few other bands that provide that emotional release, but somehow nothing feels as good as driving home from finding out your girlfriend of four years cheated on you than hearing Zach scream "**** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!"

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
I will give you that they are very binary and their songs lack variety. There are a few other bands that provide that emotional release, but somehow nothing feels as good as driving home from finding out your girlfriend of four years cheated on you than hearing Zach scream "**** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!"
I bet that's an emotional feeling!

Anyway, I bought a few Audioslave songs on iTunes. The only way they come close to RATM's style is the guitar solos. Go monkey-laugh solo!

Old February 14th, 2010, 12:51 AM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

I used to be a big Rage Against the Machine fan, and I still love their musical style. The only problem I have with them is that they only seem to complain about America and rag on Republicans. I myself am a Republican and when I started looking at the lyrics I was not thrilled. I don't mean to start an argument I am just stating my opinion like the thread says to. (Ok sort of what the thread says to)
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
I used to be a big Rage Against the Machine fan, and I still love their musical style. The only problem I have with them is that they only seem to complain about America and rag on Republicans. I myself am a Republican and when I started looking at the lyrics I was not thrilled. I don't mean to start an argument I am just stating my opinion like the thread says to. (Ok sort of what the thread says to)
It's not just "anti-Republican," but more "anti-government" or even "anti-fascist."

Old February 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Did you all follow the Christmas No. 1 story in the UK? Essentially, a couple of people started a facebook campaign to make Killing in the Name the Christmas No. 1 in competition with whatever the latest pop tat the TV talent shows were turning out. It worked. The high point for me was RatM's appearance on Nicky Campbell's live radio show. They promised not to do the sweary bit. I think they got four in before being cut. (It helps if you happen to know what a tool Campbell is---he's irritating even by the high standards set by talk radio DJs.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music