Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HistoryScape; Designing Robert Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfortress View Post
Quote:
That's definitely more elegant and more useful.
Agreed, if we keep his attack boost in a separate power and just let him bring in reserves to activate it I think we will have a much more workable and enjoyable design.
Also, if we added an ability that increased his attack by 1 yet again against figure with the PIRATE or CAPTAIN class(?), he'd have 7 attack against Blackbeard and all other pirates (in the right situation). I think that'd make a lot of sense for a man who killed one of the world's most famous pirates, IMO, while not being awful against non-pirate armies because RNA is super useful. I like him a lot, he helps out with EI while making a very strong, albeit harder to play, 10th combo. Though he may be a little OP with a tenth reg. swarm, but only Playtesting will tell.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
My ideas for his two powers:

Aided Assualt:

If Robert Maynard attacks an opponents adjacent unique hero that is also adjacent to any other figure you control, add 2 to his attack dice.

Royal Navy A.-
Same as Caps would word it plus his suggestion to remove the clause at the end.

I vote YEA to Caps' intrepertation of the power either way.
Personally, I still prefer LoganTO's idea for the attack boost, or something more along those lines. Perhaps a poll?

Also, I think I might have found a useable figure here. It's 28mm, so reasonable (if not perfect) scale. It is unpainted, so that's a little bit of a drawback, but I think we might struggle to find a better figure for this guy. The company is in Spain so the figure would probably take its time in shipping, but on the plus side, the exchange rate of euros to dollars (or, in my case, pounds) would make an already reasonably priced figure even cheaper.

What do you guys think?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

Aided Assualt:

If Robert Maynard attacks an opponents adjacent unique hero that is also adjacent to any other figure you control, add 2 to his attack dice.

Royal Navy A.-

Personally, I still prefer LoganTO's idea for the attack boost, or something more along those lines. Perhaps a poll?

Also, I think I might have found a useable figure here. It's 28mm, so reasonable (if not perfect) scale. It is unpainted, so that's a little bit of a drawback, but I think we might struggle to find a better figure for this guy. The company is in Spain so the figure would probably take its time in shipping, but on the plus side, the exchange rate of euros to dollars (or, in my case, pounds) would make an already reasonably priced figure even cheaper.

What do you guys think?
Looks like an excellent figure to me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:16 PM

Hammerfortress is surprisingly tart

That looks pretty good, but the new Pathfinder Skulls and Shackles is full of pirate/naval figures: http://pathfinderminis.com/gallery7.htm

"I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'" -Rupert Giles
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

Aided Assualt:

Royal Navy A.-

What do you guys think?
The figure looks awesome, good job, plus rep But I disagree about the attack boost. I think it is much more thematic that Maynard would get the attack bonus, as he physically killed Teach, and I fell like AA would be very historically accurate. Also, extra attack for red coats for an entire round? Might be a little OP, IMO.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfortress View Post
That looks pretty good, but the new Pathfinder Skulls and Shackles is full of pirate/naval figures: http://pathfinderminis.com/gallery7.htm
While I definitely think the Skulls and Shackles set looks cool, it doesn't seem that the majority of it is historically based enough for this project - though we may be able to use some. On close inspection, I can't actually see a figure which looks like a good fit for Robert Maynard.

It is a shame because those figures do look great, and they are pre-painted. Ah well, there's always C3V.

Quote:
The figure looks awesome, good job, plus rep But I disagree about the attack boost. I think it is much more thematic that Maynard would get the attack bonus, as he physically killed Teach, and I fell like AA would be very historically accurate. Also, extra attack for red coats for an entire round? Might be a little OP, IMO.
I can see your point on the attack boost - though Maynard would also get the attack boost from the other suggestion, and we could reduce it to just the one turn if it gets too powerful. I think both suggestions have their merits, and I think this may be a matter of preference (maybe a poll to decide it?)

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Hard as ice

*tumbleweed*

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum