Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaper Nerd View Post
KMA 100
Minions of Utgar x3 330
Jhonny Shotgun Sullivan 65

TOTAL: 495 points, 13 spaces

KMA shoot the lights out Arkmer and Emirroon, then "shotgun" spreads them out and the Minions take 'em down. Everyone cleans up should the minions fail to deadly stike anyone.
Howzabout...

Phantom Knights x6 420
Raelin (rotv) 500 / 19

The KMA have no advantage against the PKs. My common squad doubles yours in numbers, which should be enough to get through the Minions' uber-defense. Shotgun may have a special attack to get through Insubstantial, but his 2 defense will quickly give way to a swarm of undead. Raelin is there to do what Raelin does (which is most often serving as a target while the squad she's protecting wreaks some havoc!).

EDIT: Oh, and Stealth Flying just makes it all the easier to get to Shotgun and the KMA.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; March 26th, 2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: forgot one
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:44 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
KMA 100
Minions of Utgar x3 330
Jhonny Shotgun Sullivan 65

TOTAL: 495 points, 13 spaces
Counter:
120 Nakita Agents
200 Warriors of Ashra x4
180 Black Wyrmling x6

The Wyrms and the Nakitas can hunt down Sullivan first and the Krav next. Acid Breath works great on the Krav's stealth dodge and the Minions' high defense. Smoke Powder should protect the elves if the Krav get a head start. Once the range is cleared off, the Warriors of Ashra will defy the Minions' high attack until the Minions fall.

Edit: I previewed and that didn't see any before me, but that was quite a bit before me...

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Howzabout...

Phantom Knights x6 420
Raelin (rotv) 500 / 19

[/quote]

How about the old

WoA x7
Q10

500, 23

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
Howzabout...

Phantom Knights x6 420
Raelin (rotv) 500 / 19
How about the old

WoA x7
Q10

500, 23[/QUOTE]

Which I will in turn counter with:
Zelrig
Omnicron Repulsors x5
Raelin 1.0
Marcu Esenwein
Isamu
495 points, 20 hexes.

A bit much on the uniques, but I needed a wound soak. WoA will never, ever catch Zelrig. And Marcu can tie down Q10 for a couple of turns, allowing Raelin to get in close with a decent amount of Omnicrons.
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:44 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Which I will in turn counter with:
Zelrig
Omnicron Repulsors x5
Raelin 1.0
Marcu Esenwein
Isamu
495 points, 20 hexes.

A bit much on the uniques, but I needed a wound soak. WoA will never, ever catch Zelrig. And Marcu can tie down Q10 for a couple of turns, allowing Raelin to get in close with a decent amount of Omnicrons.
200 Quasatch Hunters x2
090 Brandis Skyhunter
060 Izumi Samurai
100 Kozuke Samurai
050 Marro Warriors
500 Total, 17 Hexes

This mismatch gang of mostly unused units should be fun. The Quasatch have their niche against the Repulsors while Brandis has three flying heroes to target for Archer's Glory. The samurai are uniques which withstand Majestic Fires. They are fast enough to catch Zelrig and, together, strong enough to take him down. Marros are Unique, add range, and clean-up. OM's might be trouble, but it would be interesting to play. Probably anything could counter it though...

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Omnicron Snipers-100
Warriors of Ashra x3-250
Marro Warriors-300
Marcu Esenwain-320
MajorQ9-500
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:32 AM

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Omnicron Snipers-100

Warriors of Ashra x3-250

Marro Warriors-300

Marcu Esenwain-320

MajorQ9-500

The Marro Warriors will (as always) keep coming back and along with the Omnicron Snipers and MajorQ9 take down brandis and then pick off the melee units. The Warriors of Ashra can get in close and distract the units well the others take them down.
Old March 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Omnicron Snipers-100

Warriors of Ashra x3-250

Marro Warriors-300

Marcu Esenwain-320

MajorQ9-500

The Marro Warriors will (as always) keep coming back and along with the Omnicron Snipers and MajorQ9 take down brandis and then pick off the melee units. The Warriors of Ashra can get in close and distract the units well the others take them down.

KMA 100 (These guys are addicting)
Brunak 110
Krug 120
Ornak 100
Black wyrmlings x2 60

KMA and Brunak take out as many WoA and Omnicrons as possible because specials go through defensive agility. Krug goes through and mashes Q9. Blackies clean up straggling WoAs and can help with the marro warriors.

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:26 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Brunak 110
Krug 120
Ornak 100
Black wyrmlings x2 60
Cyprien/Sonya 195
Ashigaru Harq x 5 300

Cyprien takes out the KMA. He then takes out a hero or two. Next the Harq's WTF the rest. The high powered attack of Krug and the Black Wyrmlings are wasted on the Harq's. By keeping spread out, Brunak can't do too much.
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:34 PM

MajorX17-100
Gladiatrons x2-260
Marro Stingers x4-500

MajorX17 can come in and hold Cyprien and some others. Well the Gladiatrons hold up the Ashigaru and probably take them out. And then you come in with the Stingers for any straglers.
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:07 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

Not a bad army, but i have two armys,
Army 1, Omnicrons x3-300, Marcu-320, and MajorQ9-500.
Army 2, Minions x3-330, Runa-450. and the Tarn Vikings-500.
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:09 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Brunak 110
Krug 120
Ornak 100
Black wyrmlings x2 60
Cyprien/Sonya 195
Ashigaru Harq x 5 300

Cyprien takes out the KMA. He then takes out a hero or two. Next the Harq's WTF the rest. The high powered attack of Krug and the Black Wyrmlings are wasted on the Harq's. By keeping spread out, Brunak can't do too much.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion