Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Gluing The Mask On This Time...

Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3V Public Announcements Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Are you serious??? Are we on this kick again? We never had access with Hasbro and WoTC. So why should we have it with this?

This is a organized group who have gone out of their way to recruit actual people who worked on the last few waves and have begun a great project to continue our game. And all I keep seeing is self-entitled A$$es who believe it is our right to know everything. Well get a fraking clue! We have no right to know what's going on and I'm tired of you people.
Not only have they opened this up to the public, but they are taking members of this community and are also oping it up to random members each month. More than you deserve.

Here's a suggestion, sign up if you interested...then Griff will send you a questionnaire and maybe if you really do deserve it you will be one of the lucky ones chose to work behind the scenes; helping to prolong our favorite game!
Woah, no need to get edgy, I was just concerned for the availableness of this group. I don't see why you are so touchy towards a curious member of this grand community.
Hasbro and WoTC never allowed us to see what was happening for various reasons, most of which are not applicable in this instance.

Now, sorry for hi-jacking this thread so much, but Griffin, I don't suppose I could see on of those questionaires?

~Those who live by the dice, die by the dice.
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Not to stir the pot after it already has been by so many people... but... before you call HSers who want to have more involvement "self-entitles a$$es," it was the so called "inner-sanctum" who already self-entitled themselves as the "future of Heroscape" first. Not to mention, WotC and Hasbro were 1) selling their products and 2) selling them to more than just HSers.com. The C3V is creating customs for HSers.com, but will not let HSers be included?

The arguments you make are valid when in perspective of a corperation, but this is a custom project, based from the community, for the community, and if you're claiming to be the future of this community, has no right leaving the community out of involvement.

That said, there isn't really any reason to complain, because if I don't like your project, I just don't use your customs. Simple as that.

Good luck to all in all of your endeavors.
~Kaiyu
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemaster View Post
Quote:
Are you serious??? Are we on this kick again? We never had access with Hasbro and WoTC. So why should we have it with this?

This is a organized group who have gone out of their way to recruit actual people who worked on the last few waves and have begun a great project to continue our game. And all I keep seeing is self-entitled A$$es who believe it is our right to know everything. Well get a fraking clue! We have no right to know what's going on and I'm tired of you people.
Not only have they opened this up to the public, but they are taking members of this community and are also oping it up to random members each month. More than you deserve.

Here's a suggestion, sign up if you interested...then Griff will send you a questionnaire and maybe if you really do deserve it you will be one of the lucky ones chose to work behind the scenes; helping to prolong our favorite game!
Woah, no need to get edgy, I was just concerned for the availableness of this group. I don't see why you are so touchy towards a curious member of this grand community.
Hasbro and WoTC never allowed us to see what was happening for various reasons, most of which are not applicable in this instance.

Now, sorry for hi-jacking this thread so much, but Griffin, I don't suppose I could see on of those questionaires?
I can send you one when everyone else gets one - hopefully tonight.

EDIT: If ZBee gets hot or anyone else, it is likely because we just recently underwent a lot of heat from two members ridiculing our process and intentions.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:03 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Not to stir the pot after it already has been by so many people... but... before you call HSers who want to have more involvement "self-entitles a$$es," it was the so called "inner-sanctum" who already self-entitled themselves as the "future of Heroscape" first. Not to mention, WotC and Hasbro were 1) selling their products and 2) selling them to more than just HSers.com. The C3V is creating customs for HSers.com, but will not let HSers be included?

~Kaiyu
What?? How is having open play-testing, recruiting people form this site, Asking for design ideas and opening up the process to two lucky people (who by the way are nominated by the public)...not letting HSers being included? I don't know about you, but that it sounds to me that they are exactly including HSers.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

~Kaiyu
What?? How is having open play-testing, recruiting people form this site, Asking for design ideas and opening up the process to two lucky people (who by the way are nominated by the public)...not letting HSers being included? I don't know about you, but that it sounds to me that they are exactly including HSers.
Thanks Zbee. Clearly, some people will never be satisfied. Glad to see some people see that we are really trying to be as transparent as we can get away with without losing quality.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Thanks Zbee. Clearly, some people will never be satisfied. Glad to see some people see that we are really trying to be as transparent as we can get away with without losing quality.
That is the most important point here.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:09 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I can send you one when everyone else gets one - hopefully tonight.

EDIT: If ZBee gets hot or anyone else, it is likely because we just recently underwent a lot of heat from two members ridiculing our process and intentions.
And I have a lot of passion for this game, and since I've been on this site...I have produced quite a bit of respect for Bats, Griff, Grey Owl, Grungebob, Jexix and Atmospro...so I hate to see their hard work dumped on.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Gluing The Mask On This Time...

Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Not to be rude, but wouldn't it be more intriguing to see how all this inside workings work? The other threads can be ignored, the PM deleted. Plus, to get a more well-rounded unit, shouldn't ideas be able to come from anyone, not just a select few?
You can see how the inner working happen when a unit gets released. The Mods move the whole thread to the public area.
Sorry I missed this post. It fills in a big chunk of questions I had, and I merely skipped over it. Wouldn't it be more prudent for some hard-core members, not part of the play-test group be able to see, even a little bit, before it is released, for some... beta testing?

Kaiyu has a valid point however, if others don't like it, they/we don't have to use it. I will apologize for my incesent questions, and what probably seems like inane pestering. I am just uninformed on the ways of the C3G.

~Those who live by the dice, die by the dice.

Last edited by Scapemaster; November 10th, 2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Not to be rude, but wouldn't it be more intriguing to see how all this inside workings work? The other threads can be ignored, the PM deleted. Plus, to get a more well-rounded unit, shouldn't ideas be able to come from anyone, not just a select few?
You can see how the inner working happen when a unit gets released. The Mods move the whole thread to the public area.
So is this after the unit has completely passed, or will the community still be able to make suggestions?
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

And thanks everyone for picking things I say out of context... should I repeat?

Quote:
That said, there isn't really any reason to complain, because if I don't like your project, I just don't use your customs. Simple as that.

Good luck to all in all of your endeavors.
~Kaiyu
I'm not attacking your project. Good day.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
The C3V is creating customs for HSers.com, but will not let HSers be included?

The arguments you make are valid when in perspective of a corperation, but this is a custom project, based from the community, for the community, and if you're claiming to be the future of this community, has no right leaving the community out of involvement.

Honestly, I think you're going a little overboard here. I mean, when the game was being officially produced, Hasbro/WotC created figures for HSers.com (and also others). It was based from the community (the lead designers and playtesters are well-respected members here), for the community (many hints and previews were dropped here, not available elsewhere), it was the future of this community, and yet this community was completely left out of involvement. Oh, and they charged you money for all their time and effort.

So we're doing the same, but 1) for FREE, 2) more open so you can see the rules and processes, 3) we let you suggest ideas, 4) we let anyone playtest, and we 5) even take two members (selected by the community) into whatever team they want for a month to participate, including voting privileges.

And for the record, we never claimed to be the future. What we did was ask if that's what people wanted, and the community overwhelmingly supported the idea.

Last edited by GreyOwl; November 10th, 2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So is this after the unit has completely passed, or will the community still be able to make suggestions?
After it's released. But you can make your suggestions way before it gets that far. In fact, there's already a thread that's 15 pages long for people to suggest ideas, and honestly I don't see all the people complaining about "inclusiveness" participating in there. It's been there and active for days - if you have suggestions, by all means go make them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs