Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 2nd, 2014, 06:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilou View Post
As for the availability of the Dark Trooper Phase III, I don't know if it "counts" but I found 13 available on eBay
(that is, after I bought one for myself).
It depends on the sellers. If they are reputable eBay "stores" then they count. If they are private sellers or eBay fronts for other stores (like MiniatureMarket, GameHollow, etc.), then they don't count, because that would be double-counting that store's stock.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

If anyone feels comfortable writing a "guide to researching miniature availability", I'd appreciate it.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 12:19 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Not being Mr. Availability guy, I'll give the Warden an
I'm not as thrilled with the design since the changes, but they couldn't be helped.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 3rd, 2014, 06:18 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Even in a Meridian army I would choose Heirloom (+Isamu) over Jarek Guy 100% of time.

The movement synergy does not compensate the weaker survavibility and range of Jarek.

You don't accept figures which outshine other figures but you accept figures that are already outshined.

Old July 3rd, 2014, 08:59 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Even in a Meridian army I would choose Heirloom (+Isamu) over Jarek Guy 100% of time.

The movement synergy does not compensate the weaker survavibility and range of Jarek.

You don't accept figures which outshine other figures but you accept figures that are already outshined.
As much as I've sometimes agreed with you on certain things here and challenged the SoV, Foudzing, I have to say I'm completely with them on Jarek.

He isn't just a little worse than Heirloom - he has a worse special and worse survivability, sure, but he has that 5 attack which Heirloom hasn't. This allows him to work as a beatstick and crowd control - you might get better at either for a similar cost, but this guy gives both. He's a jack-of-all-trades but a master of none, and that flexibility is, in and of itself, what makes him useful. He's very fragile, but I think the Meridians should be able to help with that - after all, they can move him up while shooting and getting in the way themselves, providing cover fire so that he can throw his grenade or slash at a hero like Raelin when the time is right. Would I still usually take Heirloom over him? Probably yes. In a Meridian army? Maybe - it depends on whether my opponent only has squads (Heirloom) or squads backed up by nice heroes (Jarek Guy). Is he going to be amazing? Probably not. Is he going to be fun and have his uses? I think so, yes. As I said, I agree with a lot you say about SoV, but I honestly think you're talking out of your arse a bit here.

(Bear in mind this is 100% theoryscape. )

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 3rd, 2014, 09:02 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I don't have a problem with Warden 722's stats, his thematic role, his power level; it's a nicely put-together custom.

But accessibility is an important part of unit criteria; I don't think we need to sacrifice inclusiveness because a unit appeals to us.

There might be more minis out there, but until they're posted or linked in this thread,
to review Warden 722.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 09:49 AM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Just a suggestion (and something of a question for future submissions), could there be more than one sculpt, so long as they are relatively similar, for Warden 722 (or any unique hero ... I know it would change the hit zones and target point a bit). For example, Dark Trooper Phase II and Dark Trooper Phase III to be used interchangeably?

That might be enough to address the availability in this instance. I am curious as to whether that would be allowed.
(Also, maybe the unit's creator doesn't want that ... just a suggestion).

Another thought, maybe the unit could be "uncommon" instead of unique and have different cards with the different sculpts on them (again, assuming the differences are not such that one sculpt has a huge advantage over the other).

Last edited by jedilou; July 3rd, 2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post

You would pick Heirloom, but I wouldn't, not after playing him. Have you?

Movement synergy is a very big deal for a situational unit. You don't need to spend order markers on getting him into position, allowing you to focus on positioning and attacking with your core squad while still getting Jarek to where he would be most effective. Additionally, his flexibility allows him to be moderately effective in numerous roles.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 09:58 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilou View Post
Just a suggestion (and something of a question for future submissions), could there be more than one sculpt, so long as they are relatively similar, for Warden 722 (or any unique hero ... I know it would change the hit zones and target point a bit). For example, Dark Trooper Phase II and Dark Trooper Phase III to be used interchangeably?
This would be ok, assuming the hit zones aren't wildly different. I believe the Buccaneers of the Endless Sea had alternate figures in its submission.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Numbers currently under 20 and getting a ? I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism from me, which is that we should avoid situations where the SoV is @#$%ing its fans.

Harsh words, but offered in the spirit of wanting the best for this project & its continued relevance.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 3rd, 2014, 10:05 AM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

I count 21 on abprices for Dark Trooper Phase III (13 more on eBay, but some might be duplicates).
For Dark Trooper Phase II (if the submitter is ok with that as an alternative sculpt), there is another 12 on ab prices (9 more on eBay, again, without knowing if some are duplicative).

That would be 33 (plus possibly 22 more on eBay).

I don't mind helping out with a bit of grunt work.
What sources should be checked besides abprices?

(PS - I am a big for of the SoV and C3V customs. You can count one fan who already bought a Dark Trooper in hopes this one eventually gets approved ... so that is one down ... 30 or so to go?).

Thanks again guys for all your hard work in testing and considering these customs.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Numbers currently under 20 and getting a ? I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism from me, which is that we should avoid situations where the SoV is @#$%ing its fans.
Yeah, it's really low, but it was higher when it was last submitted. I'm working off the assumption that at least some of those were bought up by Scapers.

Still, it's really low availability. Unless more are found, I doubt it will pass submission review, much less UF review.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs