Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 26th, 2012, 10:51 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
So he'd get scrapped?
I would not be scrapped, because it is the property of the Author. But it would not be inducted into the SoV.

Remember this is just like the BoV, units may be good but not great....just like maps may be good but great and are not inducted into the BoV.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:19 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
I'd like to nominate Killer Cactus's Green Wyrmling:

• Balance- Being the only wyrmling without a ranged special balances out his high defence.
  • Playability-All powers are clear, master stats make it powerful enough without overbalance. Fits the visual theme of the wyrmlings while remaining visually different.
  • Creativity- Mini version of Charos with twist on counterstrike... certainly.
  • Theme- Just as well as the rest of the wyrmlings.
  • Accessibility- Figure used is a Bronze Wyrmling from D&D minis, widely avaliable on Ebay for around $2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
New:
Green Wrymling from D&D Copper Wrymling

Modded Killer Cactus's Green Wrymling (up for SoV nomination). His is 3/5 at 30 points, mine is 4/4 at 35 points. Personally, I think 4/4 just feels more like "baby charos" but both are playable. I have had this card for awhile, I just never uploaded here.
Are you guys gonna approve KC's Green Wrymling for testing? Mine is slightly different so you can use mine instead if you prefer (giving credit to KC for the power idea), but I think the bigger issue is that the figure is not the most widely available (although I have 4 of them).
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think baby green has been denied twice, for various good reasons. I'm back to the drawing board with it.

If I didn't think it would be met with a bunch of hate for being "different", I'd jack up the points a bit, give it some life and make it uncommon. Then it would really feel like Charos' kid to me.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:10 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

It is not an issue of stats, it is an issue of a “Common” unit with ant form of Counterstrike. We have all tested this and agree that Counterstrike is a very underrated power and on a Flying figure it is deadly to squads. You can fly a Green Wyrmling into a mass of 4Th Mass, and their low attack usually means that they will probably fall. Only the High attack squads have a chance, and even then it is suspect.

This is why Charos is 210 points without a ranged attack, because Counterstrike is powerful. So the Green Wyrmlings would have to be considerably more points to justify any type of Counterstrike.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

4 defense counterstrike is better than 5, as (didn't look up odds) 3 attack will kill it more than half the time, and two attack about 1/3 the time. Ranged squads can still shot from away to not get counterstriked, and maybe disengaging and shooting is better than chance of counterstrike.

But I also like KC's idea of a multi-life uncommon but still with wrymling bonding, except the figure itself is the smallest of the wrymlings, so thematically would be weird.
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I wonder if there's a suitable mini for a small, non-wyrmling Young Green Dragon, an uncommon hero without Wyrmling Bonding.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I've been planning on nominating Super Bogue's version of the Green Wyrmling, but I wanted to do some testing first and I haven't gotten around to it. I think he has the right basic idea, though.

I think we've discovered, in a roundabout way, why the designers left 'lil greeny out. He's tough to balance, especially given the obvious (and powerful) synergy with the 4th Mass.
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I've been planning on nominating Super Bogue's version of the Green Wyrmling, but I wanted to do some testing first and I haven't gotten around to it. I think he has the right basic idea, though.

I think we've discovered, in a roundabout way, why the designers left 'lil greeny out. He's tough to balance, especially given the obvious (and powerful) synergy with the 4th Mass.
That, and Raelin. The 2+ excess shields is an interesting approach.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

That, and Raelin. The 2+ excess shields is an interesting approach.
Thanks for the props, Dok! If I remember right after the first time KC's Green was denied the 2+ excess shield idea was thrown out by somebody. I adopted that one for my card.
As far as other Green Dragons that could be used as an uncommon baby Charos the Green Dragon from Aberrations would probably be the best one:

This is a medium sized figure so it would be around the same size as a normal medium. Probably a little bigger than a Deathreaver but smaller than a Deathstalker.
Availibilty is low though (only 18 between Auggies and ABprices).
The most practical for size and availiblty would be the Greenspawn Razorfiend from War of the Dragon Queen.

A large figure, however, from this early an expansion it would at most the size of a Deathstalker. There are 49 between Auggies and what ABprices has listed, also it's cheap about $2 to $3 plus shipping.
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Here are the counterstrike probabilities for SB's version of fledgling counterstrike for some relevant attack and defense values:

Code:
       1        2        3        4        5        6        7
4    0.259    0.160    0.097    0.058    0.034    0.020    0.011
5    0.374    0.251    0.164    0.104    0.065    0.040    0.024
6    0.484    0.347    0.241    0.163    0.107    0.069    0.044
7    0.583    0.442    0.324    0.230    0.159    0.108    0.072
For comparison, here is the standard counterstrike probability for those same values:

Code:
       1        2        3        4        5        6        7
4    0.605    0.432    0.296    0.197    0.127    0.081    0.050
5    0.704    0.539    0.395    0.279    0.192    0.128    0.084
6    0.781    0.632    0.490    0.365    0.264    0.186    0.128
7    0.839    0.711    0.577    0.450    0.340    0.250    0.179
As you can see, requiring a second excess shield tones it down a lot.
Old February 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
So he'd get scrapped?
I would not be scrapped, because it is the property of the Author. But it would not be inducted into the SoV.

Remember this is just like the BoV, units may be good but not great....just like maps may be good but great and are not inducted into the BoV.

Yeah I didn't mean scrapped as in completely forgotten about or destroyed I just meant it wouldn't be inducted.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:14 PM

Looking at the stats dok put up, I think SB's version of fledgling counterstrike with only 4 defense is a pretty much worthless power. Either use SB's version of the power with 5 defense, or use KC's version with 4 defense. Yes, 2/3-attack squads are gonna have a hard time, but it will make the wrymlings a force to be reckoned with.

The concern of either using them as a screen for the 4th and/or having Raelin still is a way that this unit can be broken in thoeryscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs