Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Thanks for looking guys. It will be tricky to shrink the wordage while still covering all the neccessary bases.
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:49 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Not sure if I have all the criteria to submit this , but I would like to nominate my own custom, Maug:

Maug's figure is: Maug #26 Blood War D&D Miniatures DDM. It is widely available although there are currently only 8 on the site provided, there are many on other site's such as Auggie's and at least 50 on ebay. They also seem to be restocked quite frequently.

I feel like Maug added a well need sort of golem to the game. He is very hard to bring down with his high defense and stone tough powers, and I feel his abilities really capture the feel of a golem. With the release of the IG (this was made prior to that release), he sort of fits in with them.
His kick power is really just based off his sculpt, and I thought it would be a perfect match since he seems to look like he is about to kick someone.

Maug is a double-spaced figure (really easy just cut and super glue), who fits perfect onto the base. My only worry is that his 4 move may prove too low on occasion, but through my play-testing it seemed to fit for his points.

Well, I'm sorry if I'm doing this incorrectly or have to much info but thanks for reading.
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Some great ideas in this recent batch of nominations!

Warhorse of Troy is a great concept and a tricky one to pull off. I see in the thread for the unit that there are already some great suggestions for tweaking it. Until then...

NAY to review Warhorse of Troy.

As for Clyemne, I am excited about the existence of such a great mini for an Ashra hero and the concept is thematic. However, with my fellow judges, I feel some wordsmithing is in order. Considering all the different reasons for not reviewing a unit, you can be proud of this unit. As is though...

NAY to review Clyemne

Ok, Vargach. I am not sure I am comfortable with Savagery bypassing abilities like Exoskeleton and Expendable Rabble. If Vargach could not attack the same figure in the same turn, I would not be as leery of it. Part of me says that is something that could be ironed out during playtesting, but if I am going to a design for someting as "little" as the name of the unit, I certainly must vote the same way for a unit I am a little leery of concerning it's powers. So, although I like the theme and powers (for the most part)...

NAY to review Vargach.

I will have to take a closer look at Maug before casting a vote.

To all the designers of this batch of nominations, I hope to see them back with a little tweaking here and there. However, remember that these are your creations. Don't change them just to have a neat little SoV stamp put on them if the change will alter your vision for the design too much.

Having a design you enjoy and that is faithful to your vision for the unit is more important than having a design others like but that doesn't satisfy you.
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Did I get you guys to start speaking like a Horse?

Anway, I'll get the wording fixed up and resubmitted. It should hold true to the original intent while making it more platable.
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Ok, Vargach. I am not sure I am comfortable with Savagery bypassing abilities like Exoskeleton and Expendable Rabble. If Vargach could not attack the same figure in the same turn, I would not be as leery of it. Part of me says that is something that could be ironed out during playtesting, but if I am going to a design for someting as "little" as the name of the unit, I certainly must vote the same way for a unit I am a little leery of concerning it's powers. So, although I like the theme and powers (for the most part)...

NAY to review Vargach.
I will say this about Vargach, for which I already voted yes to review:

I do anticipate that this will be an issue that may come up downstream. I think that precise point is also the least elegant of all Vargach's features and may end up feeling like it's bending the rules way more than necessary.

I am prepared to playtest Vargach as is, otherwise I wouldn't have voted yes, but Lamaclown raises a very fair point and it's something that could *very* easily be tweaked, if the designer was interested.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Some great ideas in this recent batch of nominations!

Warhorse of Troy is a great concept and a tricky one to pull off. I see in the thread for the unit that there are already some great suggestions for tweaking it. Until then...

NAY to review Warhorse of Troy.

As for Clyemne, I am excited about the existence of such a great mini for an Ashra hero and the concept is thematic. However, with my fellow judges, I feel some wordsmithing is in order. Considering all the different reasons for not reviewing a unit, you can be proud of this unit. As is though...

NAY to review Clyemne

NAY to review Vargach.

I will have to take a closer look at Maug before casting a vote.

To all the designers of this batch of nominations, I hope to see them back with a little tweaking here and there. However, remember that these are your creations. Don't change them just to have a neat little SoV stamp put on them if the change will alter your vision for the design too much.

Having a design you enjoy and that is faithful to your vision for the unit is more important than having a design others like but that doesn't satisfy you.
I agree with Lama's assessments. These are interesting ideas and suggestions, but none of these three feel "finished"--each can do with a bit more TLC in the wording, certainly. I won't go into more details as many judges have already addressed these issues.

I vote NAY to reviewing Warhorse of Troy, Clyemne, and Vargach.

Maug is an interesting custom. I like the figure. I'm not at all a fan of Kick. I know that probably sounds weird--I mean, hey, we have Jotun's Throw and this is exactly the same.

That's the problem.

Jotun can carefully attempt throw a unit up to a place of safety. Not rolling for damage because you land higher makes sense.

But, getting punted up to a higher place? No, I'm sorry I really think there is still a need to check for damage, no question. (Maybe if Maug had a big scoop-shaped foot, but, no, he certainly doesn't!)

Beyond that, the power seems kind of cheesy. Sure he looks like he's kicking someone, but is that really the best defining power for him? Sorry doesn't work, for me at least.

I neat idea and a fun mixture of known powers, but I'm not taken with the final result. Fun ideas. Not my bag, as it were.

I vote NAY to review Maug.

--

Sorry, guys. Great stuff here, but like most good things, they are better with a bit more refinement and thought. I hope to see many of these return!
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:04 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Actually I never really thought about kicking friendly figures, the intent was to only be able to kick enemies since I too thought that wouldn't really make much sense. This is how Maug was playtested. The reason the damage reduction is there is because in very few situations will you only be able to kick a figure to a higher level, but I guess it would make more sense to always roll for damage (except water). I think I'll add maybe only being able to kick enemy figures, and for them to always roll damage.

Also with the powers already being in use, I'm not completely sure if stone tough is on another card but I based it off of the Gorillinators since Maug was made prior to Iron Golem. I also didn't really take into account the balance of the Iron Golem (since I don't have any) and now realize Maug might not be balanced point wise with them taken into account.

Thanks for the insight, 1Mmrig
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:42 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Actually I never really thought about kicking friendly figures, the intent was to only be able to kick enemies since I too thought that wouldn't really make much sense. This is how Maug was playtested. The reason the damage reduction is there is because in very few situations will you only be able to kick a figure to a higher level, but I guess it would make more sense to always roll for damage (except water). I think I'll add maybe only being able to kick enemy figures, and for them to always roll damage.

Also with the powers already being in use, I'm not completely sure if stone tough is on another card but I based it off of the Gorillinators since Maug was made prior to Iron Golem. I also didn't really take into account the balance of the Iron Golem (since I don't have any) and now realize Maug might not be balanced point wise with them taken into account.

Thanks for the insight, 1Mmrig
Maug just got revealed as a figure to be used by C3V.
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:43 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

OK, I'm not going to beat around the bush. I'm voting NAY to review Maug because a C3V unit is already in production using the same figure.

Besides that fact, I would have voted no on the card itself; because I feel he is much stronger than an Iron Golem for only 25 points more. Plus, the Kick power needs some work.

The Kicking ability just is weird to me, especially since he could use it on friendlies. And 8 defense plus 2 auto shields is a real tough nut to crack for only 125.

Thanks for the nomination Fedex, and I'm sorry I could not get the info out about the C3V unit until after you went to the trouble to nominate your custom...but the ERB was finishing their vote about the same time you nominated it and I was not on the computer at the time.

I like everyone's passion towards this project, and hope to see more units nominated in the future. It is just that we are looking for units that fit into the canon seamlessly and have the polish of Official units.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:38 PM

... just my luck!

And yeah after submission I just thought about Iron Golem and didn't think about how comparable they were. I'm also going to edit the kick power.

One good thing is that I already have the figure for the C3V unit
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I loved the idea of Kick, Fedex Worker. But for a reason beyond your control, this one was a non-starter.

to Maug.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Warforged Centurions by Typhon2222 and Sertorius have received 4 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Lamaclown, nyys, qt.bangerang) and are remnoved from the process.

Clyemne by DeathDoom has received 5 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, Lamaclown, qt.bangerang, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

War Horse of Troy has received 4 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, Lamaclown, qt.bangerang, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

Maug by Fedex Worker has received 3 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_scaper, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs