Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old October 20th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Played a good 5 hours of Arkham City tonight. I think this game's plot is shorter than Arkham Asylum as I am almost finished it seems. I hate the trend in these games to just throw more guys at you. I hate it when I am excited to fight a boss and I get stalled out on a room with 18 guys with guns and thermal vision in which all the lookout points are loaded with proximity mines and Joker alerts them whenever one of them gets taken out. It's so nearly impossible and not even fun in the least. It is tedious and annoying and feels really cheap. Otherwise this game is great!
Then main plot is some 20-25 hours, with another 15-20 hours of side quests and challenges and riddles (which now have real stakes) within the main game proper.

Make sure you are exploring heavily - because if you are just rushing from main quest to main quest, you are missing a huge chunk of the game.

I explore lightly. I mostly want to finish up a single playthrough, then go through again and explore heavily so I can use my Batman Beyond skin. For some reason they decided it would be a good idea to not let you use your skin until later playthroughs...
Yeah, the game is very much in the mold of GTA, where you have your "core" missions that you can hit at anytime, but there is a massive amount of story "side" quests, that you can only do by exploring. Every review I've seen has said to best enjoy the game is to look around. I cannot wait to play it.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:27 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I think I'm going to buy Forza 4 today. This will break my Gran Turismo Fanboy heart, but I want to have the experience of both. Forza 4 seems so much more race oriented rather than "track day" oriented, so it's worth a try.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old October 20th, 2011, 12:38 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The past few months I've been playing a RTS called Backyard Monsters on Gaia Online. (I think you can also play it on facebook) That game is addictive.
Old October 20th, 2011, 11:15 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Still awaiting the release of Skyrim, so I've been playing Morrowind. I just finished raiding the Telvanni Vault in Vivec. I've read online that the Vaults are worth stealing from, but that is a HUGE understatement! Basically, from that one Vault, I *should* be able to make a ~200,000g profit. And I still have a couple more Vaults to raid. Very fun stuff.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 21st, 2011, 02:40 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Still awaiting the release of Skyrim, so I've been playing Morrowind. I just finished raiding the Telvanni Vault in Vivec. I've read online that the Vaults are worth stealing from, but that is a HUGE understatement! Basically, from that one Vault, I *should* be able to make a ~200,000g profit. And I still have a couple more Vaults to raid. Very fun stuff.

I'm not sure which one I raided, but I'm thinking it was the Hlaalu one. Happy Raiding

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 21st, 2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: It's at this point in the game where you can do whatever the heck you want, and nobody can do a thing to stop you. $$$
Old October 21st, 2011, 11:31 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post

I'm not sure which one I raided, but I'm thinking it was the Hlaalu one. Happy Raiding
I don't like the Hlaalu one much. The Redoran Vault is really hard to raid. And my armor was failing, with about 2-4 Ordinators attacking me at once. I died. It stunk though, because eventually I had a death warrant, so I couldn't really go near any towns without using invisibility spells. Then I had to rejoin the Thieve's Guild to get the price off my head. That cost about 11K, which I didn't mind at all.

I find it funny that Ordinators hate it when I wear their armor.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:02 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played straight through Arkham City over the weekend. Absolutely phenomenal game, but I do have to mention that they went completely overboard with the Riddler stuff this time around. You really can't go more than a couple feet without running across a little green trophy to pick up. It probably wouldn't stand out so much if the narrative didn't drive itself so urgently. Batman's on the clock that's on the clock here and still the game is constantly barraging you with little green pickups. It's kind of a shame, as the last game had a good balance of them and I ended up playing for 100%. This one they just feel too much like filler. Still, don't let that deter you from the game. It's really, really, really, really good.
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:31 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The nice thing is you can just tag them and come back for them. I got several hours of gameplay in this weekend, but am only at Ras a Ghul
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Played straight through Arkham City over the weekend. Absolutely phenomenal game, but I do have to mention that they went completely overboard with the Riddler stuff this time around. You really can't go more than a couple feet without running across a little green trophy to pick up. It probably wouldn't stand out so much if the narrative didn't drive itself so urgently. Batman's on the clock that's on the clock here and still the game is constantly barraging you with little green pickups. It's kind of a shame, as the last game had a good balance of them and I ended up playing for 100%. This one they just feel too much like filler. Still, don't let that deter you from the game. It's really, really, really, really good.
I thought the same thing until I started collecting them. Every 80 you grab unlocks a new mission in a 5-part Riddler sidequest that is pretty neat.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:08 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, I enjoy the medic hostage puzzle rooms, but there's still too many trophies to unlock them. Cut about half of them out and they'd be a lot more special and a lot less distracting from the narrative. The other sidequests are paced along with the main story far more evenly and don't feel like nearly as much busy work, IMO. I don't really mean to harp on them this badly. There's not really anything wrong with them besides volume.
Old October 24th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Yeah, I enjoy the medic hostage puzzle rooms, but there's still too many trophies to unlock them. Cut about half of them out and they'd be a lot more special and a lot less distracting from the narrative. The other sidequests are paced along with the main story far more evenly and don't feel like nearly as much busy work, IMO. I don't really mean to harp on them this badly. There's not really anything wrong with them besides volume.
Yeah, I would agree that 400 is excessive, but I didn't go after them at all, or really any sidequests during the campaign and now I am doing them all. I usually try to collect all of them in one area each night as well as get 3 medals on a challenge or two. At least there's nothing I can see that indicates you have to beat the game on hard for the Platinum trophy. Hard never really appealed to me. So many times guys advance you aggressively, but never punch you, so trying to counter can break your combo. It's really just annoying. Overall, I loved the game and am still having some fun with it. Looking forward to Uncharted 3, however.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old October 24th, 2011, 03:50 PM
regurgitation cynic

They don't ruin the game by any means. Overall, the game is simply fantastic, beginning to end. I had actually thought that it might be nice if the Riddler stuff was tied into the end game more directly, like if most of the trophies didn't appear until after you'd finished the game and the Riddler's death chambers were framed more directly as an endgame plot rather than a side story within the far more urgent main quest. The pacing of the two is just at odds with each other, and really, that's my sole complaint. Really, overall, the game is pretty near perfect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games