Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old January 4th, 2009, 12:46 AM

rbaker is surprisingly tart
Entangling Roots + Ice Prison

Added Entangling Roots

I created this tile for a new special ability I created: Ice Prison

The ice doesn't actually surround the figure because I wanted it to be easy to place different figures on the tile. This was built using a snow tile as the base so it fits snug onto the board.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by rbaker; May 9th, 2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: updated image links due to new server
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:42 AM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Ice Prison

Looks like he's been Nilf'd.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:54 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

You beat me to it Richard. +1 for the "cool" concept rbaker.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, thats really cool. You should make it so the figure is totally traped in ice.

Nice custom!!!

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM

Alee_Brightberry Woo who?

or you could just call it "Ice wall" and use it to block movement for a turn or two.....

maybe

looks neat though
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:45 PM

DragonSlayer2:
The only problem with making the figure totally trapped in ice is it becomes difficult to remove them and insert new figures. A Heroscape figure's base is fairly large as you know so surrounding a figure from all sides isn't really possible for game play.

Although for a diorama the sure bet would be to go for total imprisonment.

Alee_Brightberry:
I do have plans for a larger Ice Wall. I think I'm going to use two double hex snow tiles for that so it will be 4 hexes long.

Thank you all for the comments.
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:21 PM

Alee_Brightberry Woo who?

just had a thought -- It didn't even hurt.

If you would make your "ice prison" in two semicircles that would surround a figure. You wouldn't need to glue it to a base or have problems getting the fig out of the "prison" just pick up one half of the semicircle and the fig would be "free"

did that make any sense?
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like this idea! How does the ability work? How did you create the ice wall?

+rep
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:24 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm very impressed with your photography Richard. Nice work!
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:37 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

That is sweeeeet! +rep.

Boise ID Scaper
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alee_Brightberry View Post
just had a thought -- It didn't even hurt.

If you would make your "ice prison" in two semicircles that would surround a figure. You wouldn't need to glue it to a base or have problems getting the fig out of the "prison" just pick up one half of the semicircle and the fig would be "free"

did that make any sense?
I thought about trying to do something to that. But the problem is, most of the pieces of ice are irregular. So the Ice Prison becomes too big, it sticks out a lot on to other hexes and doesn't make it nice for adjacent figures. If I were to make it small them some figures wouldn't fit at all because of their odd size and then there would be gaps in the wall, which I guess might not be that bad but then there would still be the adjacency issue.

I have a lot more ice to play with so I'm sure I'll keep tinkering away to make something a bit better. But for now, this serves as a nice visual Ice Prison very well, especially when viewed head on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I really like this idea! How does the ability work? How did you create the ice wall?

+rep
Thank you. I haven't tested this out yet as I just made this piece last night. But I was thinking something like this:

Ice Prison
Instead of attacking you may target one small or medium size enemy figure up to four spaces away; target must be in clear sight. Roll the 20-sided die. On a 15+ the target is surrounded by ice and cannot attack or defend until the spell is broken.
The spell may be broken on any of the target's future turns by placing an order marker on his/her card and rolling a 16+ when their order marker is revealed. The spell may also be broken by the target's friendly figures who attack the Ice Prison. The Ice Prison has 3 life and cannot defend. Fire based attacks do double damage to the Ice Prison.

I'm debating about adding some verbiage about not being able to attack the trapped figure as well, but if the prison only surrounds the target from the chest down, then enemies should be able to attack. Not sure how powerful I want this spell just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
Thank you. I'm actually quite happy at how the images came out myself. Having a table-top tripod and an adjustable neck table lamp helped out. I've seen a lot of your work; quite inspiring actually. I picked up some Grecian pillars when I picked up the ice so I'll have to do something with those next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostertail9000
That is sweeeeet! +rep.
Thanks!
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:25 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
This is going to get confusing.

Cool ice prison thing by the way.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.

Last edited by Richard; January 5th, 2009 at 10:51 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions