Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
C3G DC Master Set: World's Finest Discussion Thread

THE FIRST EVER C3G FRIENDLY TOURNAMENT!

THE ORIGINAL POST THAT STARTED IT ALL
OK, so I've started to realize that my desire for a bunch of consistent customs that play well together, that match up visually and thematically, that are priced with each other in mind, and that have powers that reflect each other maybe is overstepping the original (and noble) purpose of the NM24.
Really, that thread is for people with lots of different visions to have their own vision peer reviewed, cleaned up for purposes of individual playability and a good estimate about its cost. We're not meant to spend a long time on each one and make sure it works as part of a whole set. So maybe it's best if I leave that sentiment out of NM24.
But ... that sentiment is something I remain interested in. So maybe there's an opportunity to go beyond NM24. But not all of us, not everyone who does customs, just a few hardcore types who are really interested in grouping together maybe 50-100 of the core Marvel/DC characters and making sure they're all created with each other in mind. Then we could do "releases" and what not. It means, of course, that we'd likely have to agree on one Superman, and one Batman, and one Wolverine as a group and do the art once as a group instead of different people submitting different versions of the same person. It'd be open to the opinions and feedback of others, but, ultimately, only those hardcore types who've decided to take on the project (Comics Custom Guild Members) would make the final decisions on what the final products would be. Then when we got a nice thematic group together, we could release them as a whole.
Doing this would accomplish two things. 1) It'd let someone crazy into this stuff like myself have a whole set of cards that would work well together and 2) It would take the pressure off of NM24 and other peer review processes and allow it to be more of a relaxed everyone's got their own view on these characters type of deal that I think it probably should be.
I'm thinking if we do this, we should restrict membership to probably 4-8 really serious contributors and we should agree on a masterlist of characters to cover, the voting and decision process, etc. But if I'm the only one this crazy, please let me know!

PDF Downloads

Some More History!

PLAYTESTING IN PROGRESS (WHOLE SET)
2 Feedback sheets needed for each

(2 feedback sheets for each)

Hero Army – 3 matches:

Against Marvel Heroes Test One Test Two
Against Marvel Villains Test One Test Two
Against DC Villains Test One Test Two

Villain Army – 3 matches:

Against Marvel Heroes Test One Test Two
Against Marvel Villains Test One Test Two
Against DC Heroes Test One Test Two

Batman vs Joker (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Superman vs Darkseid (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Hawkgirl vs Solomon Grundy (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Batman vs Thugs x2 (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Cops vs Thugs (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Batman and Cops vs Two-Face and Thugs (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Batman vs Catwoman (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Batman vs Two-Face (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Green Arrow vs Count Vertigo (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Black Canary vs Count Vertigo (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Black Canary vs Catwoman (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Two-Face and Thugs vs Official Units (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Black Canary and Green Arrow vs Official Units (5 matches) Test One Test Two

Batman Supplemental Tests

COMPLETED PLAYTESTING (INDIVIDUAL TESTING)
Results

GLYPH PLAYTESTING
Equipment Glyph Special Rules
The Glyph of Green Kryptonite Test One Test Two
The Glyph of Superspeed Test One Test Two
The Glyph of Loot No powers, means no tests needed!
The Glyph of Reinforcements Test One Test Two
The Glyph of Smilex Test One Test Two
The Glyph of Team Ups Test One Test Two
The Glyph of the Boom Tube Test One Test Two
The Glyph of Time Bomb Test One Test Two
SCENARIO TESTS
World's Finest Campaign
A City Overrun (Star City Bank map) Test One Test Two
Recruit the Batman (Wayne Manor map) Test One Test Two
Undead Alliance (Grundy's Grave map) Test One Test Two
Icy Reunion (Fortress of Solitude map) Test One Test Two
A World in Chaos (Darkseid's Arrival map) Test One Test Two

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Griffin; April 19th, 2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Custom Consistency and going beyond NM24

I think this may work well, once we iron out all the issues. The one thing I disagree with you on, and hopefully it's a minor point, is choosing only one version of each figure. I think we could include, say, 3-4 versions of Wolverine or Superman as long as we made sure that all of them were fully compatible. That way someone could choose to play with the powerhouse Superman, or the insipirational Superman, or the susceptible to kryptonite Superman, depending on whatever scenario they are playing.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, you make a good point with that disagreement and I actually agree with you to disagree with me (if that makes any sense).
One of the great things about superheroes is that they have long careers and they change over the process of them (Blue and Red Superman? Weapon X Wolverine? C'mon). So I'm actually OK with different versions of the characters. But I'm more interested in getting a wider roster before getting a bunch of repeats. And I'm mostly interested in seeing us stay consistent with things like power names and how we treat certain weaknesses (thus the Healing Factor/Kryptonite issues I raised in the NM24 thread).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

In that case, I agree with your agreement of my disagreement!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:48 PM

Glad to hear it! That mean you're on board? Btw, part of what I was also getting at with the idea of not doing multiple versions of one character (a sentiment I'm retracting) is that each card would be not someone's previous card that's being put through a process so much as a group creation with agreed upon factors like stats, power selection, and price. Not to say we couldn't do multiple versions of this as a group, but I really see this as a group project, where we decide what character we're missing and want to add next and have general guidelines about how we design each one. This would really be a group effort in the fullest meaning of the words, as opposed to NM24 which is more about celebrating and peer reviewing individual efforts.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:04 PM

Another note, if we did start some sort of Comics Customs Guild, I'm pretty sure I could get us badges. I know people who know people.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:16 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! lol
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:16 PM

Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker

Alot of the things here are things I do have some interest in. Its why I liked the idea of using the open nomination thread to "shape" nm24 into a consistent set. If this is what was done, here it what i would like to see.

1. Common Squads. I doubt anyone reading nm24 regularly is suprised this is at the top of my list. I love common squads with synergy to super heros.

2. Either all comic book art or all Figure based Art. That helps with the consistency of the look. Ideally, I would like to see a "template" used so all cards have the same spacing and fonts.

3. Teams. Fantastic Four, Brother Hood of Mutants, X-men, that kind of thing...I also think we should use color schemes matchin up teams, for further consistency..

4. One good guy/One Bad Guy. Everyone should have a counterpart, and some of those counterparts should be very similar., ala venom/spider-man and hulk.abomination.

I think it would be interesting to do, I started this message with the intent of trying to veer this into a "how to use the open nomination" thread, but now, i think I could be on board for a closed circle of minds creating an amazing set. and with the amount of talent current available, we could do this and nm24 pretty well right now.

Also, in relation to multiples of the same hero, I think thats fine, but I would like this comic guild to increase the amount of quality heroes represented in the game as much as possible, so I think all the major guys should get a shot. I'd also kinda like them to be more thematic then just "my take of super man and youre take of superman", i.e. This is 50's superman, or This is superman right after he returned from the dead, etc.

This is just me throwing ideas out the though.

My Customs(Mostly Marvelscape Common Squads)
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22383

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:21 PM

Markb, you and I are very much on the same page with this! I agree with everything you've got there, and my vote for number 2 on your list is for comic book art, just because I think it looks so much cooler, but if the prevailing tide is for figures, I'm OK with it. I don't really plan on doing the art in all of this, but more being one of the idea guys.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:23 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

To be honest, I joined up the NM24 gang and helped initiate the newly revised TNT classic because I wanted to see more customs, but I also wanted to see some more community work, not just debates and opinions.

A guild, where we can create from the ground up is what I wanted to do originally, just lacked the motivation or confidence to try.

Bats, GreyOwl, if you will have me this is pretty much all I even want to do on Heroscapers now. As you have found out over the last two weeks, I am thorough, opinionated, and creative, and that is exactly the type of artists and creators that I believe you guys are as well.

Count me in, and what character do we start with? Anyone but Superman for now!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:25 PM

Well I think first we'd want to formalize our membership, determine the guidelines for our process, and then formulate a masterlist for units we want to tackle - then we can figure out the order from there.

Edit: And I let you mess with my TNT Batman, of course I want you in the Guild! :P

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:27 PM

Markb as well, all of you guys are my online heroes, fighting for truth, justice and the Heroscapers way!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy