Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 19th, 2020, 05:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Crime-Master (Public Testing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I've already built armies without Beast Man, so I'd prefer to not use him if that's alright. I'm also only vaguely familiar with him.
Alright I'll try my hand at those.
Old February 19th, 2020, 08:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Fwiw, I don't think Beast Man is critical, more just a curiosity. Don't feel obligated to run him if you'd rather test with units you're more familiar with.
Old February 19th, 2020, 08:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For sure. If y'all both run tests and it's determined that Beast Man tests are still needed, this guy is next on my to do list after Indigo-2 anyhow. And I obviously have Beast Man experience.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 20th, 2020, 10:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Here ya go! He's super good. I thought boosted Beast Man bonding turns would be hard to beat, but Adding Cap in with Weapon X and Toxin was insane. Toxin's symbiosis was rolling super hot (With one time rolling 3, 8 dice attacks with boosts and height!). I summarize things below, but I think he needs some sort of restriction. As is stands he never wants to leave your start zone and all he does is make your team much better. The 2nd game I played his essentially at 150 points and he still stomped.

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Crime-Master

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Crime-Master, Beast Man, Man-Bat Assassins, Venom (Hasbro), T-Rex x2 (810)

Vs.

Wrecking Crew

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Crime-Master (150?), Toxin, Weapon X, Captain America, Beat Cops x1, Street Thugs x1 (1000?)

Vs.

Venom (Eddie), Spider-Man, Star Lord, Iron Man (Avengers) (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Crime-Master is amazing. Seriously one of the best figures in the game currently. His boost is unhindered and gives power to some already very powerful figures. Add Captain America on top of it and your damage output it insane. Toxin, when rolling well, was huge. Weapon X rolling 6 dice with a defense reduction is huge. All crazy powerful stuff. I basically made him 150 points in the second game and he still won.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
An auto attack boost that’s unhindered by anything but drafting restrictions is crazy. And the drafting choices are REALLY good. I never even got to try out his Secret Weapon, which was a shame, I was pretty excited about it. Honestly I think a range restriction or something would do him well. Yeah he’s squishy, but right now it’s so little risk to bring him along. Adding in the fact that he needs to be semi-close to the action would spice him up and give him a chance to possibly use his Special Attack.
Old February 20th, 2020, 11:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

An aura restriction does seem overlooked here. Also, what if instead of boosting the number of attack dice rolled, he made the attacks more efficient/potent. Something like re-roll blanks when attacking, or count 1 blank as a skull, or something.
Old February 20th, 2020, 11:52 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The win at 150 doesn't really spook me that much, since the enemy army looks like it has a lot less teeth than the Crime-Master one.

Really not into making him a front-liner at all. Wrong vibe. That said, I'm happy to either bring points up, or make some mechanical tweaks. First thought would be to let the attack boost only happen once a turn. Points would have to come down in that case, though.
Old February 21st, 2020, 12:26 AM
...has moist legs

I picked the second army specifically to try to take out Crime Master, as stated somewhere in the text. They couldn’t handle it.

I’m not saying an aura is the only way to go, but cap and Starlord are already pretty stupid, this guy just adds to that issue. Cap was amazing with him. Crime Master was icing on the beefy attack cake.

I think it should have clear sign minimum (if it doesn’t already, sorry on my phone right now). Once per player turn would be fine. Or make it so that it only works if all unique heroes in your army are savage, then you don’t have to worry about Cap/star lord, but can still bring Thugs if you want. Actually that would be my preference.

To be fair, Toxin was crazy awesome and did way more damage than he should have.
Old February 21st, 2020, 01:20 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I picked the second army specifically to try to take out Crime Master, as stated somewhere in the text. They couldn’t handle it.
I can see why the individual units looked attractive. It's just not a particularly cohesive army and it's not doing a lot to leverage its leadership figures. Plus the lack of OM safety makes it really risky to run against a build that's focused on amping up a couple bruisers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to invalidate your experience. The first game just makes your point to me a lot better than the second one does.

Quote:
I’m not saying an aura is the only way to go, but cap and Starlord are already pretty stupid, this guy just adds to that issue. Cap was amazing with him. Crime Master was icing on the beefy attack cake.

I think it should have clear sign minimum (if it doesn’t already, sorry on my phone right now). Once per player turn would be fine. Or make it so that it only works if all unique heroes in your army are savage, then you don’t have to worry about Cap/star lord, but can still bring Thugs if you want. Actually that would be my preference.

To be fair, Toxin was crazy awesome and did way more damage than he should have.
I'm kinda warming up to the idea of going once per turn. Mainly because the more I think about it, the more I'm realizing that a lot of the Savage Six aren't thematically multi-attack guys, so pushing that mechanic isn't really doing him any favors.

De-emphasizing multi-attackers would already create a gap in what he wants and what Cap/Star-Lord want. Wouldn't really demand a hard lock-out at that point, I don't think.
Old February 21st, 2020, 01:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That'd put him back more on par with Oracle as well, whereas right now +1 attack all the time for his faction seems a lot, lot better than what Secret Attack Plan offers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 21st, 2020, 04:26 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

How do you want me to test him, Ronin? As-is or the attack boost once per turn?
Old February 21st, 2020, 05:02 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
How do you want me to test him, Ronin? As-is or the attack boost once per turn?
Try him with the attack boost capped at once a turn, if you don't mind. Thanks!

I'll update the SP when I get home.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 05:54 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Crime-Master, who definitely isn’t evil with that name

Army Test
Units: Crime-Master (110), Agent Venom, Mister Hyde, Hired Guns (740) VS Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Man C3G, Wasp I (750)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Crime-Master (110), Agent Venom, Mister Hyde, Street Thugs x1 (685) VS Iron Man Mk 5, Mk 2, Mk 4 (680)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The attack boost and OM-saving is a surprisingly potent combo, making some random heroes into really solid investments. Crime-Master’s other perks of being a Crime Lord & having a nifty special attack aren’t really a big deal in comparison to his Savage boosts. My games were honestly a mess from a luck perspective - the Hired Guns kicked butt in the first game and the second/third games were slaughters in opposite directions. Still, I made note of Crime-Master’s contributions, and they were quite helpful - I’d never risk an OM on a heavily wounded Agent Venom without Crime-Master guaranteeing a save, for example. And the attack boosts in game 3 were literally a game-changer for Mister Hyde.

I’d bump his points for the next tests.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library