Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old July 14th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Pokemon Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Thanks, @keglo and @SpriteMichaeler, I had seen that, and was able to track down a Meowth using that method, but I'm still hoping they will add a directional cue. I often have only a certain amount of time to walk (especially in the morning before work) and I try to get to as many Pokestops as I can. I hate wasting time (and missing out on items) on a wild-goose chase.
Oh I'm totally with you on that. I do not like the current tracking system at all. I had assumed that you would just simply chose a pokemon that is close to you and your avatar would turn in that direction. The way it is now I don't even want to bother with tracking. I end up just walking around and catching whatever pops up.
So, I actually learned another new trick yesterday. In addition to the rings trick, have you ever noticed the green ring flashing around the nearby box? That means you are FACING whatever pokemon you have selected. If you haven't selected one, it means you're facing something. Should make tracking much easier. Going to test and verify for myself this afternoon at lunch.
I'll have to try that out. Thanks for sharing!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 14th, 2016, 01:56 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I follow a different strat for tracking:

Look at the order in which the Pokémon appear in the list. In the 3×3 grid, if a Pokémon is in the top left, it is the closest to you, even if everything has three footprints. If it is in the bottom right, it is the furthest, and may soon fall off the grid entirely if you keep walking away from it.

I get the feeling the thing pulses when new Pokémon are added to the grid, and it does not have anything to do with distance or direction.
Old July 15th, 2016, 08:03 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So, I just saw a reddit post that basically is a collection of how much "CP" each pokemon gains per level, on average. There is some talk that pokes that hatched from eggs generally gain CP at higher levels than average. This is probably a decent start to a tier list, though.

I'm personally shocked at Onix and poor evolved Dugtrio being so low and freaking Lapras and Muk being so high. And why isn't Gyarados top 3?!?!? For 400 candies you get a water type that is just a tad weaker than the ever present vaporeon.... where's the logic?!? Movesets aren't taken into account, maybe that could tilt the scales.

Dragonite - 50
Snorlax - 45
Lapras - 43
Arcanine - 40
Exeggutor - 40
Vaporeon - 40
Gyarados - 39
Muk - 38
Flareon - 36
Machamp - 35
Nidoqueen - 35
Slowbro - 35
Victreebel - 35
Nidoking - 34
Poliwrath - 34
Vileplume - 34
Charizard - 33
Blastoise - 33
Venusaur - 33
Clefable - 33
Aerodactyl - 32
Golduck - 32
Magmar - 32
Omastar - 32
Weezing - 32
Dewgong - 31
Ninetales - 31
Golem - 31
Wigglytuff - 31
Electabuzz - 30
Hypno - 30
Jolteon - 30
Kabutops - 30
Rapidash - 30
Scyther - 30
Starmie - 30
Tentacruel - 30
Gengar - 29
Kangaskhan - 29
Pinsir - 29
Rhydon - 29
Seaking - 29
Pidgeot - 28
Golbat - 27
Raichu - 27
Cloyster - 26
Alakazam - 25
Kingler - 25
Magneton - 25
Primeape - 25
Tangela - 25
Tauros - 25
Venemoth - 25
Dodrio - 24
Fearow - 24
Porygon - 24
Arbok - 23
Persian - 23
Parasect - 23
Seadra - 23
Jynx - 22
Lickitung - 22
Marowak - 22
Sandslash - 22
Electrode - 21
Mr. Mime - 21
Hitmonchan - 21
Hitmonlee - 21
Raticate - 20
Beedrill - 19
Butterfree - 18
Dugtrio - 16
Onyx - 12
Chansey - 9 (She has monstrous HP to make up for this, just as in the handhelds. She is probably actually around mid tier for combat viability, I've heard she has like 10x more hp at 20 cp than some pokes at 1000 cp.)

Speaking of movesets and vaporeon.... I would like assistance in proving something. I don't think eeveelutions are random, I heard a rumor that they follow this chart based on your eevee's secondary charged blue bar move. My wife and I have confirmed one swift eevee to evolve into vaporeon, that's the only one we've been able to test.

If your eevee knows this move = they turn into:

swift = vaporeon
dig = flareon
body slam = jolteon

Please try to remember and post here!

Edit: My sister just confirmed via text and pictures that her dig eevee turned into a flareon. I think this may actually be correct.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; July 15th, 2016 at 10:05 PM.
Old July 15th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Speaking of movesets and vaporeon.... I would like assistance in proving something. I don't think eeveelutions are random, I heard a rumor that they follow this chart based on your eevee's secondary charged blue bar move. My wife and I have confirmed one swift eevee to evolve into vaporeon, that's the only one we've been able to test.

swift = vaporeon
dig = flareon
body slam = jolteon

Edit: My sister just confirmed via text and pictures that her dig eevee turned into a flareon. I think this may actually be correct.
My sister's boyfriend heard this same theory, and tried it when he evolved his Eevee. It turned out to be wrong - he got a completely different eeveelution than the theory said. So turns out it's random. Or if it's not, it's based off of something else.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 16th, 2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:

swift = vaporeon
dig = flareon
body slam = jolteon

My sister's boyfriend heard this same theory, and tried it when he evolved his Eevee. It turned out to be wrong - he got a completely different eeveelution than the theory said. So turns out it's random. Or if it's not, it's based off of something else.
I concur. My swift eevee turned into ANOTHER Flareon :*( I'm so sick of Flareon. So my theory is not right. Next theory...

I read online that nicknaming your eevee can control the evolution. It is supposed to be a throwback/easter egg to the anime episode where the kid has to consider choosing to evolve his eevee to one of the 3 brothers that each own one the three types of eeveelutions. For anyone interested, please try:

vaporeon = rainer (although I almost think they meant rainier, but two sites had it spelled rainer.)
flareon = pyro
jolteon = sparky

NOW, I read you must nickname your eevee first, then close the game out and fully reboot it, and then evolve your eevee after relogging back in.
Old July 16th, 2016, 12:23 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I can't log on today

It seems they are having some serious server issues. It's a nice day here in Missouri and there are going to be a lot of sad trainers.

Is everyone else having issues today?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 16th, 2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I can't log on today

It seems they are having some serious server issues. It's a nice day here in Missouri and there are going to be a lot of sad trainers.

Yes, everyone at college is having problems. I did a little research, getting mixed messages of: They were DDOS'd, and/or they are overloaded because they launched in like 20+ more countries today.
Old July 16th, 2016, 01:01 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I can't log on today

Yes, everyone at college is having problems. I did a little research, getting mixed messages of: They were DDOS'd, and/or they are overloaded because they launched in like 20+ more countries today.
Had the same issue. Able to get it now.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 16th, 2016, 01:24 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't log on today

Had the same issue. Able to get it now.
Yep, I'm back in now.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 16th, 2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

swift = vaporeon
dig = flareon
body slam = jolteon

I concur. My swift eevee turned into ANOTHER Flareon :*( I'm so sick of Flareon. So my theory is not right. Next theory...

I read online that nicknaming your eevee can control the evolution. It is supposed to be a throwback/easter egg to the anime episode where the kid has to consider choosing to evolve his eevee to one of the 3 brothers that each own one the three types of eeveelutions. For anyone interested, please try:

vaporeon = rainer (although I almost think they meant rainier, but two sites had it spelled rainer.)
flareon = pyro
jolteon = sparky

NOW, I read you must nickname your eevee first, then close the game out and fully reboot it, and then evolve your eevee after relogging back in.
Mine worked without logging out

On another note, I've been able to get in today, but there are still intermittent server issues - like right now.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 17th, 2016, 01:01 AM

Awesome, thanks @mac122

I nicknamed my eevee rainer and I finally got my first vaporeon.

Also, found a very interesting article about the meta of pokemon go. They review tiers based on cp, good defending pokemon, attack speeds, and a few other topics.

It seems like they just go off of HP for their gym defender tiers, I guess the defender meta is literally about stalling the battle timer out, which I believe gives the gym defenders the win. Makes sense given that in any decently competitive area, the attackers will almost always win in a straight up fight.

Fast attacking moves seem to also be stronger than slower ones. I've read people suggesting using primary attacks with no more damage than 10, to give you time to hit 2-4 times and then dodge your opponent's attack. Attack speed in general has a much bigger effect on DPS than damage per hit, I guess.

Lapras, Vaporeon, and Snorlax are rated very highly all around, likely due to high hp and access to fast attacks like water gun and lick.
Old July 21st, 2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

swift = vaporeon
dig = flareon
body slam = jolteon

flareon = pyro
jolteon = sparky

Mine worked without logging out

On another note, I've been able to get in today, but there are still intermittent server issues - like right now.

I don't know what's going on. After the initial successes with the nickname trick, I've now gotten 3 Vaporeons and a Flareon from Eevee's nicknamed Sparky. I've tried it immediately after changing the name, after changing the name then completely closing down and restarting the app, and after changing the name and restarting the phone. Sadly, I had transferred my lower level Jolteon to get the candy. With all the Vaporeons in gyms around here, I need a strong electric-type. Anyone heard of this issue? Is it only guaranteed to work once?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games