Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 19th, 2020, 10:52 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 2] Rhox Veterans - Design

The +4 move was because it will be hard for them to actually end a straight-line movement adjacent to someone--so might as well make it a lot of movement. There are many maps where terrain blockers will get in the way and they won't even be able to use the full +4. I think 4 +4 move is fine.

I agree that requiring ending engaged reduces the originality. It also makes it even harder to use.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 19th, 2020, 02:39 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Since charging is an aggressive move, what about adding a slight attack boost incase they do end up adjacent to someone after a straight line charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Typing that out, I realized something weird. Why would they have a ton of defense only when you have OMs on them, but when they are sleeping they only get barebones defense?
Now that its pointed out, yeah that does seem weird.

That makes me wonder, are we wanting the rhinos to be living beings that can turn to stone for defense, or are they actual statues walking around? If they are always statues, then why would their defense be temporary? Stone is still strong even if it happens to be moving. Augamo is also essentially a stone statue that moves and it has an always active defense.
Old May 19th, 2020, 08:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Excellent point Zetsubo.

Then would this work?

Rhox
-blah blah blah

3 troops 4 move 1 range 3 attack 5 defense

Headlong Charge: +3/4 move if they move in a straight line

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 19th, 2020, 08:50 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Excellent point Zetsubo.

Then would this work?

Rhox
-blah blah blah

I think that would work, even if it is a little less interesting than some other powers that have been suggested. I think deciding on what theme we want to represent (either the living beings that turn to stone, or actual walking statues) is important to move forward. My slight preference would be that they are living rhinos that can magically turn to stone in order to boost their defense. That way we can still thematically keep the second power:

Quote:
Flesh to Stone
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, add 3 to the Defense value of this card.
However, I wouldn't oppose the other thematic direction that they are always statues if that's what enough others wanted.

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; May 19th, 2020 at 10:08 PM.
Old May 20th, 2020, 02:00 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Excellent point Zetsubo.

Then would this work?

Rhox
-blah blah blah

I like this, except I'd like to see a 3 movement instead of 4. Not a huge deal, but if everyone wants em to be statues living stone is pretty slow. (Granite Guardians are waving at ya! lol) :P

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 20th, 2020, 03:28 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

The Granites effectively have 4 move because of their power. It'll be much harder for the Rhox to activate their power, so I think 4 to compensate is probably fine.
Old May 20th, 2020, 03:30 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Flesh to Stone
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, add 3 to the Defense value of this card.
However, I wouldn't oppose the other thematic direction that they are always statues if that's what enough others wanted.
I also like this a lot. I think you can still justify it by saying the stone hardens or softens based on if they move or not. This version is nice and simple.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 09:50 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I also very much like the Flesh to Stone power in post 28

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:31 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Here's my draft of these guys from the Pre-Brainstorming thread:

Quote:
Rhinos of the Endless Desert

Jandar/Statues/Sentinels/Unique Squad/Dauntless/Medium 6

1 Life/3 Troops/4 Move/1 Range/2 Attack/4 Defense

Living Statues: If there are no revealed order markers on this Army Card, add 2 to the defense of this Army Card. If there are revealed order markers on this Army Card, add 1 to the move of this Army Card for every revealed Order Marker.

Desert Strength: Rhinos of the Endless Desert on a Sand space roll 1 additional combat die when attacking or defending.

70 points

I'll happily edit more in as I find them, but some sort of animated statues has been the general direction most scapers have been comfortable with. We don't have to give Avacyn the same statue powers as the Rhox, but I'll let that pod decide her fate.

I think probably the most important thing to ask ourselves about this design is what should the species actually be? That will tie these guys into whatever backstory, and may eventually result in c3v synergies.

Although my vision was for them (and Avacyn) to come from Valhalla, we can just easily say the statues are Animata from Arctorus or somewhere else, like D&D-land.

*Bold: I realized I never had a class in there lol.
Ooh, this is not what I imagined at all, but I like it.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:33 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
I like the living statue thing, but since these guys are Rhino warriors, but I think they should have some type of automatic shield ability. Below is a draft I made weeks ago:

I wouldn't want two defense powers on the same card.

I'd also prefer to stay away from Greyvox as a type.

Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
The tricky part with calling them anything but statues or some sort is that the figure (and its complete lack of paint) needs to match the design. Without any gray on them, or any sort of color other than monochrome beige, we are kind of stuck calling them statues. We are trying to design the set with as low of a cost of entry as possible, and one of those costs is in time investment.
What is the official word on this for all figures in this project? Will we be able to paint figures and create a painting guide?

Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I'd like to see some kind of "living statues" power that ties these and Avacyn together with a little bit of theme and a little bit of synergy. Here were a couple ideas:

LIVING STATUE POWER 1
After any turn, you may reveal your 'X' Order Marker on this card. While your 'X' Order Marker is revealed on a card with Living Stone, all figures you control with Living Stone add 3 to their Defense and cannot take turns.

This one is more direct synergy. Time it right and have your hero and squad create some bottlenecks and/or tank on a glyph.

LIVING STATUE POWER 2
At the start of each round after placing Order Markers, place a Shield Marker on this card for each Order Marker on it. Add 1 to [this]'s Defense for each Shield Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, flip a Shield Marker over to a Sword Marker. Add 1 to [this]'s Attack for each Sword Marker on this card. At the end of the round, remove all Shield and Sword Markers from this card.

This one is more of a thematic connection, since it's almost anti-synergy, since you only have 4 OMs and therefore 4 markers to go around. As an example, if their base stats were 1A/2D, with all 4 OMs the become 1/6 before revealing any. Revealing the 1 makes them 2/5; 2 = 3/4, 3 = 4/3. We would also only be using 4/5 of the shield/sword markers here, but that's not a problem if we want a single marker to use somewhere else.

On a related note, reusing the species Animata seems very appropriate.
I like the idea of a statue synergy. I haven't yet seen Avacyn, is she Animata - or what has that species type?
Statue as a type makes sense otherwise - or even Object

Power 2 here is more wonky than I would like.

Quote:
POWER IDEA
Members of this squad add 1 to their Attack and subtract 1 from their Defense for each revealed order marker on their Army Card.

Attack 0
Defense 6

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs