Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old March 7th, 2011, 01:47 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker
Re: Kit: Young Ninja

Thanks for the support, as always. (Also, since it is worthy of repititon, this is an awesome story...if I do say so myself )

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:05 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Ok, here's the next part. It isn't a big part, unfortunately, but I might have the next part out tonight too.

Chapter 10
Kit grunted as he shoved yet another branch out of his way. This forest was so densely packed with trees that it could have passed for a jungle easily. He walked along, trying to figure out where he was. After several more hours of trekking through heavy brush, Kit decided to make camp. After setting up his bedroll, he climbed up a tree, finding footholds on the seemingly smooth trunk. At the top, he balanced on a small branch and looked out over the endless green oasis. He turned his head back and forth, looking in every direction for some break in the green monotony. There was none. He groaned and climbed back out of the tree. He built a fire, crawled into his blankets, and went to sleep.

Kit awoke. He could hear something sniffing right outside his camp. He opened his eyes. The fire had died down to a smoldering heap of wood. He added a few small sticks to it, then a larger one. The sniffing stopped. He could see a large dark shape prowling along the edge of the firelight. It was huge. It almost reached halfway up to the treetops, and these were ancient and giant trees. He pulled out one of the knives that he had salvaged from the drow’s cave. The shape, whatever it was, was getting bolder, and a giant black hand reached out into the firelight. It was scaly and clawed.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:28 PM

There's no feedback! I must post another part.

Chapter 11
Kit swallowed and pulled out another knife, stepping back so that the fire was inbetween him and…whatever it was. A moment later, the rest of the body followed the hand. A giant beast stepped forward into the firelight, about twelve feet high and pitch black. It was completely covered in scales. It swung its head back and forth, looking for something. Kit decided that its eyesight must not be good and took a careful step back. The creatures head swiveled towards him instantly, and Kit froze. The creature stared straight at him, but Kit didn’t move. They remained that way for about a minute. A bead of sweat formed on Kit’s forehead, but he remained motionless. After another few seconds, the monster began swiveling its head again, trying to discern where he was. Kit took the chance and stepped forward, bringing down his arm with all is might. The poisoned dagger flew out of his hand, flashing across the distance between him and the monster. The creature reacted instantly turning to face him. The dagger bounced harmlessly of its hide. The creature crouched, preparing to spring, but something made it hesitate. Kit wondered about that, and then it came to him. The fire! The creature began to move around the fire towards him, a deep rumbling coming from its throat. Kit circled, keeping the fire between him and the beast. A low growl of frustration erupted from its lips, and it lunged, blindingly fast, around the fire towards him. He yelped and leaped sideways. It lunged again, this time straight towards him. He did the first thing that came to mind. He jumped over the fire. The beast roared in frustration, an earth shaking noise that shivered the trees and caused all sorts of birds to fly up into the air, their rest disturbed. The beast, growing frustrated and hungry, simply walked over the fire, quenching it and allowing the darkness to move in, covering the previously lit campsite. Kit held still, hoping that it would work again. The creature appeared confused for a second, but then leapt forward with incredible speed. Before Kit could even react, it was on top of him. He jabbed upwards as hard as he could with his remaining dagger, but it glanced of the creatures scales. The creature leaned down, staring at him. It opened its mouth.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:32 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Why didn't the monster step over the fire before? He must not be that smart.

Great two-part section
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:35 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Dang! Kit you die! You aught to know better than to play with huge growly monsters...actually in this case I'd say it play with you but same difference.

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Ninja Dust

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Did Kit really die? After all this, he dies?! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:42 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dust View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Did Kit really die? After all this, he dies?! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I don't think Kit dies. Because that would be the worst ending ever. This story is getting a full head of steam, its not going to cut off now.
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

lol. I was kidding.

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dust View Post
Kit's alive. I just like to leave my chapters as cliff-hangers. The monster is still standing over him with its mouth open, frozen until chapter 12.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 10th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Ninja Dust

Yay!
Old March 10th, 2011, 05:56 PM

I've noticed that my chapters tend to be really short...oh well. I could include more on each, but I like cliffhangers.

Chapter 12
A brilliant light flooded through the forest, and the monster, its mouth an inch away form Kit, reared back, its eyes burned by the light. It whimpered, reeling backwards and tripping over a fallen log to land with a crash on the forest floor. It scrambled up and sprinted away with its tail between its legs. Kit shielded his eyes, which watered at the intensity of the light. A voice spoke, “I see you have discovered the nightshades rather early on.” There was a hint of amusement in the voice.
“Who are you?” Kit asked, lowering his hand as the brightness faded to a normal lighting. The girl in front of him looked about ten years old, but she was hovering an inch or so above the ground. She was shrouded in a swirling green mist that made it hard for Kit to look directly at her. Her brown hair floated loose of her shoulders, as if lifted by some invisible wind.
She smiled, “I am a wood spirit.”
Kit frowned slightly, “I’ve heard of wood sprites, and you don’t seem like the description.”
She laughed gently, “Not a wood sprite, a wood spirit.”
“What’s the difference?”
“Wood sprites are the guardians of the trees. Wood spirits are the trees.”
“Oh.” He thought about it for a minute, “Why did you save me?”
“Because I saw no reason to let you die, whereas I saw a reason to let you live.”
Kit was instantly on his guard. “What reason was that?”
She looked directly at him. “The man you seek stole something from us. We want it back.”

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Oh no! Not only is Kit's friend a murderer but a thief also! This breaks my heart.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction