Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:35 AM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart
Could free Unity be used to make an HS Online environment?

Some time ago, I posted about using SketchUp as a surrogate for HS Online in Google Docs.

The user environment in SketchUp would need to be limited for it to really be useful for someone who doesn't use it every day.

I was just wondering if Unity could work? I'm toying with using for the Architectural Presentations. HS would be a pleasant spin off.

The thing is, Google Docs has demonstrated that you don't need a game engine to play online. You just need an environment where you can move the figures around. All of the dice rolling, rules, etc, are taken care of otherwise.

All that is needed is an environment where it's easy to grab a model and move it to a new hex. For me, in SketchUp, that's easy, but I use it all of the time for work.

Anyone know if Unity free version would be something where you could do this.

I started the Unity tutorials for something else, and I'll be honest, I'm a visual person, and when they got to C# scripting my eyes glazed over.

The modelling is my cup of tea. The scripting, not so much.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion