Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old February 2nd, 2020, 10:58 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 1] DIENEKES (Gideon Jura, Combat Mage) - Editing

Old February 3rd, 2020, 12:04 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Old February 23rd, 2020, 07:12 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Let this sit for far too long, but that's 4 s and enough for a pass to Playtesting.
Old April 8th, 2020, 06:48 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 1] DIENEKES (Gideon Jura, Combat Mage) - Testing

I still think Dienekes should be a gladiator.
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:13 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

410 Points
Map: Sacrifice (ARV Submission - hopefully this isn't a problem)
Glyphs: Wannok and Dagmar

Army 1: Raelin, Dienekes, 10th x3, Isamu
Army 2: Dividers x5, Spiderman

Which units survived?
Raelin - 2 life
Dienekes - 3 Life
10th Reg - Almost 2 Squads (7 figures)
Isamu

Game Overview:
The Game started with OM's being focused on Dividers on the one side (who attempted to slow roll) while Raelin, Dienekes, and 10th started to pod up on the Wannok side of the map. Raelin was on single hex height and Dienekes was adjacent to her, and they both stayed there the whole game. Dienekes was very helpful at drawing units away from attacking Raelin or attacking 10th, and bringing them to himself on level 1 where 10th could then rain bullets down on dividers who were engaged with him. This forced the Dividers to change tactics, and they stopped coming in close enough to be lassoed. Dividers had a couple good pushes, but ultimately got shredded by the 10th. And Spiderman essentially decided to die at the end without putting up any kind of a fight. Turns out 4 skulls is really good at killing stuff.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Dienekes only had 1 OM placed on him the whole game. Tether of Logos activated 4 out of 6 times, and Combat challenge was utilized a number of times - preventing dividers from attacking 10th or Raelin. Gideon didn't do any direct damage to other units, but was key in supporting the other units.

Backed by Raelin, he blocked a number of attacks, and with 6 life and 4 defense, he already has very good survivability for a 90 point figure.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
If you can find a good location to pod up (especially with Raelin), Dienekes can be well worth his points for the control he gives you, and the ability he has to cover Raelin. Based on my one game with him, it seems like a very potent combination if there is a good spot to pod up on the map close enough to the start zone for Raelin and Dienekes to get into position with an investment of 1 OM each. But, that might be more of a map problem than a unit problem. He's a fun unit (for the army running him), and is very useful. I felt like the Lasso was pretty balanced in terms of reliability, though bumping it up by 1 or 2 for the D-20 roll might be a good thing.

I can see him being paired with Raelin a lot - and 6 life, 6 defense can be tough to cut through. 4 Def feels right for him, but I might consider a drop to 5 life.

I think he'd be a deadly screen on a map with same level lava.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old May 9th, 2020, 05:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the test, Flash!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 30th, 2020, 09:57 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Map: Flash fire
Glyphs: Wannok, Defense +1

Team 1: Dienekes, Marcus, 2x Romans, Airborne Elite, Capt. John Varan
Team 2: Velkhor, 3x Cutters, Guilty, Horned Skull Brutes

Game report: Goblins moved up with Velkhor to meet Romans + Marcus. Romans were forced to split up to keep up with Team 2's kill rate. Romans defended well and goblins were falling quickly (mostly cutters). Once the Brutes started hitting back Romans began to fall. Velkhor was only useful in helping goblins to put 2 wounds on Marcus who survived for a long time. Airborne dropped in round 4 did some important but 2 members died quickly due to speed of cutters. Velkhor's spirit went on Capt. John. Capt. John did a lot of damage with Battle Valor Special Attack which was aided by Dienekes' Tether of Logos. Guilty finished of Capt. John and got Dienekes down to 1 life. Dienekes couldn't reach the cutter on Wannock so Team 2 won.

Units that survived: 1 Goblin Cutter

How did tested unit do?: Dienekes was used as an endgame defender which worked well. He was also used to take 2 wounds from Wannok. He killed 1 Cutter and 1 Brute. Tether of Logos worked very well with Capt. John's Special Attack by boosting his movement and allowing him to disengage. Tether failed 3 times which were critical in protecting an Airborne and Capt. John, however if those Tethers were successful the outcome of the game probably would have favored Team 1.

Long live heroscape
Old June 10th, 2020, 09:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

2020-06-09
Crumble, heat of battle Scraps format, featuring two treasure glyphs, the Glyph of Recall, and the Glyph of Healing

caps
125 Darth Maul (PM me for the card but I'll be putting it on 'Scapers later)
215 Dienekes
335 2x12th Caucasus Rifles
355 Marcu Esenwein

caps's 7yo
110 Minions of Utgar
290 1xTaelord the Kyrie Warrior
360 1xPhantom Knights

I set up a 12th pod on the highest ground available, surrounded by Dienekes and Maul, with Marcu on a solo height space nearby. My opponent places his Phantom Knights within reach of my pod, with the Minions of Utgar out of sight and Taelord nearby them.

My opponent won initiative and brought Taelord up to my pod with OM1. Dienekes rolled a 17 with Tether of Logos to pull Taelord next to him. Taelord rolled 2/3 and Dienekes rolled 1/4 to take a wound.
The 12th Caucasus Rifles were ineffective with my OM 2.
OM2 saw the Phantom Knights advance. I got a 11 on Tether of Logos against he first one to pull him adjacent and then kicked myself for not moving a Rifle away from Dienekes to give me another place to pull them to; he was maxed out at two pulls due to no good landing spaces. The first PK got 2/3 against Dienekes and he rolled 0/4. The next PK got 2/3 as well to kill a Rifle that had height and the last one got 3/3 to put 2 wounds on Darth Maul even though he had height; Sith Counterstrike did not trigger (got an 11). The Rifles then retaliated by killing two Phantom Knights.
OM3 saw Taelord fly to the glyph of Recall to bring back a Phantom Knight. Darth Maul force leaped over the pair of central pillars to land next to the Healing glyph and kill a Minion of Utgar.

My opponent won initiative again and activated the Minions of Utgar. The two remaining Minions swarmed Darth Maul, rolling 1/2 both times. Maul blocked the first one and got an 18 for Sith Counterstrike, but failed to block the second and took two wounds. The Rifles responded by shooting ineffectually at Phantom Knights.
My opponent's OM2 was on Phantom Knights. They both moved towards Darth Maul, but one of them landed in sight of Dienekes, who Tethered him over with a 17. The PK attacked him with 1/3 and he blocked it with 1/4. The other PK was not adjacent to any of my figures. My Rifles whiffed on their grenade for the Nth time but managed to kill a PK and then had no targets for their second normal attack.
My opponent then moved Taelord over to cover his last two squad figures by Darth Maul with his attack aura, but Dienekes Tethered him over to where he couldn't see them with a nat 20 on his Tether roll. Darth Maul took the healing glyph to heal himself and Dienekes of 1 wound each, then rolled 4/4 to kill the adjacent Minion of Utgar.

At this point it was 1 Phantom Knight and Taelord (with no wounds) against Darth maul (3 wounds), Dienekes (2 wounds), and 3 Rifles.

My opponent won initiative the third straight time.
His first OM was on the PKs, and was the only OM on them. The PK moved towards my Pod and Dienekes tethered him adjacent (with a 19) and took a wound from a 2/4 attack with a 1/4 defense roll. My Rifles were blocked on all of their attacks.
With OM2, Taelord attacked Dienekes 2/3 and was met with 1/4, giving Dienekes another wound. My Rifles finally got a grenade to go off against Taelord; although he took no wounds from it, he whiffed on a 3/4 attack and then only blocked1/2 against a 2/4 attack to get up to 4 wounds.
With his final OM, Taelord rolled 2/3 against Dienekes, who only rolled 1/4 to take yet another wound, bringing him to 5. Darth Maul stealth leaped adjacent to the Phantom Knight and rolled 3/4 against its 1/4 defense to kill it.

I finally got an initiative switch here and killed Taelord with my first OM on the Rifles.

Dienekes:
Never received an OM but went 5/6 on Tether rolls and took a lot of hits thanks to Combat Challenge

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 13th, 2020, 07:22 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

2020-06-13
Crumble by Dignan, heat of battle Scraps format

caps
125 Jango Fett (imagine Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior, but swap the healing for a 1/game fireline; 2A/4D)
150 Drow Chainfighter
240 Dienekes
360 2x20th Maine Volunteers

caps's 7yo
100 2xWarriors of Ashra
180 1xVarkaanan Blade Dancers
260 1xMicroCorps Troopers
360 1xShades of Bleakewoode

Round 1: Dienekes takes wounds from Shades while the 20th Maine and Jango kill WoA, 2 Troopers, and a Blade Dancer

Round 2: Dienekes is soul devoured, a Shade brings back the dead Blade Dancer; the 20th Maine put a wound on Dienekes and kill two Blade Dancers; the last Blade Dancer kills a 20th Maine; Jango kills Dienekes

Remainder of the game for the curious:
Spoiler Alert!

Dienekes:
hit Tether of Logos 4/4 times (moving 1 WoA away from the 20th Maine and moving 3 Shades of Bleakewoode away from Jango Fett)
blocked 2/3 hits from a Warrior of Ashra, 2/4
whiffed twice on 2/2 attacks from the Shades, taking 4 wounds
third Bleakewoode declined to attack (hoping to Soul Devour Dienekes next turn) and could not attack an adjacent 20th Maine thanks to Combat Challenge
my kid got a 20 on his first Soul Devour attempt! Dienekes switched sides
Combat Challenge forced Jango to attack him 3 times before killing him, instead of attacking the Shades that were next to him (Jango whiffed the first two attacks)

rolled 1/4 against a 2/3 roll from Jango Fett to die

--

Now that I've played him several times, I'm pretty impressed with Dienekes. He's nerfed by larger figures, obviously, but Tether of Logos + Combat Challenge is pretty awesome. I've never felt the need to put an OM on him, for whatever that is worth. Personally I think that's fine, and there are occasions where he'll warrant it. You might consider bumping his attack, though.

--
--
--

--
Old June 13th, 2020, 08:28 PM

Does Tether of Logos trigger when a Blade Dancer moves via Vault? @Scytale

--
--
--

--
Old June 13th, 2020, 10:01 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Does Tether of Logos trigger when a Blade Dancer moves via Vault? @Scytale
If it Vaults to a different space, yes.
Old June 13th, 2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
If it Vaults to a different space, yes.
It didn't occur to me at the time how ambiguous I was being. I meant the Varkaanan Blade Dancers's Defensive Vault, in case that wasn't clear.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs