Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 4th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Dog goggles are awesome.
For sure! There is also a version of him with armor, but I don't have that one yet. If I recall correctly, I believe that version allows him to take the hit for someone else within a shirt range. I believe the ability is called Guard.

I'm actually about to leave to go to my friend Chris's house to play Fallout Wasteland Warfare in co-op version. It will help us both get a handle on the rules since it's both our first time playing. He will also have Aristea and another game set up in case we have time. Due to his working nights and going back to school for electrical engineering, we only can get together to game about 3 times a year.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 4th, 2019, 01:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Sounds like fun @Hahma . Your models look great (as always) you'll have to let us know what you think of fallout. I havent played my copy yet. With not getting to play some of my other stuff much that one has slipped by due to the intimidating amount of tokens.

I got some more painting finished. My royal guard, scout troopers, bossk and reb commandoes are all finished. Now Im working on my 2 sabines. That will catch up my legion painting for now.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 4th, 2019, 02:04 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice work, Hahma! I love seeing your updates.
Old August 5th, 2019, 05:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

My friend Chris and I only got to play Fallout yesterday, as we didn't have time to play the other 2 games he had set up. While he had the table set up (where I just added scatter terrain like Nuka Cola machines, turrets, vehicles, Trex's trash cans/bags and some other little bits), it still took us a while to get going, as he wanted to print off a scenario from Modiphious's website and his printer was giving him problems. Then, we had to customize the scenario so it would be better for 2 players playing co-op vs the AI instead of just 1 like the scenario is set up for.

Chris chose the scenario from the AI handbook, called The Break-in. The scenario has Super Mutants controlling an abandoned Brotherhood of Steel post. There is a valve in the middle of the building that we have to interact with in order to turn the water back on in our settlement. The bad guys were patrolling the perimeter as well as crossing through the building.

Chris put the valve inside a locked room that we need to hack the computer door lock to get in. The scenario doesn’t say what kind of interact was required for the valve, so decided to make it a strength test when we get there. For us to win, we need to open the valve and then get at least half our forces off the board.

This scenario was designed for the units in the core set, so the suggested forces are: Super Mutant Brute, 2 Super Mutants, 2 Mutant Hounds, 2 Settlers and the Enslaved Tech vs Aspirant Goddard in T-60 power armor and pipe wrench, Sole Survivor with combat rifle and bat, and Dogmeat.

Since we are playing co-op, we needed at least one more character on our side, so we took Sturges. Then to balance that out, we added 3 Super Mutant Suiciders for the enemy. Though Chris suggested that they aren't visible yet. So we took 6 searchable tokens lettered a-f, mixed them up and put them letter down in various places within the building, including the room with the valve. The Suiciders are a,b and c, and if any of our characters got within blue range of one of those markers, we'd flip it over to see if it's a Suicider.

Chris had the Sole Survivor Nora and Dogmeat, while I had Aspirant Goddard and Sturges. We started on different board edges. I had put out some investigation markers in hopes that we might find something while on the mission.

I was able to see some searchables with Goddard and Sturges, but other things came up to keep me from getting in contact with them to investigate. Sturges was the smartest of our crew and we wanted him to get hack the computer to unlock the room with the valve. Unfortunately, there was a marker in front of the door and we revealed it to be Suicider C. Sturges shot it with his .44 for minor damage, but it didn't blow up the nuke it was carrying. The Suicider then closed in on its turn and when within very close range, slammed down the nuke, killing itself and 4 damage on Sturges and dazing him. Only 3 health left for him.

I was able to see some searchables with Goddard and Sturges, but other things came up to keep me from getting in contact with them to investigate. Sturges was the smartest of our crew and we wanted him to get hack the computer to unlock the room with the valve. Unfortunately, there was a marker in front of the door and we revealed it to be Suicider C. Sturges shot it with his .44 for minor damage, but it didn't blow up the nuke it was carrying. The Suicider then closed in on its turn and when within very close range, slammed down the nuke, killing itself and 4 damage on Sturges and dazing him. Only 3 health left for him.

Sole Survivor Nora and Dogmeat pretty much got held up outside the building from the side they came in on, as the Super Mutant and Hound that started inside had moved out through the gear-like door. Then the other Super Mutant and Hound that started patrolling on the opposite side of my entry point, came around the corner to further tie up Nora and Dogmeat.

Aspirant Goddard got tied up in a doorway to the right of Sturges by the Brute and Enslaved Tech. The Brute was able to damage Goddard's power armor and the armor card had to be flipped over. Goddard was able to take out the Tech.

Sturges shook off the effects of being stunned by the nuke and moved to the door of the inner room with the valve. He was able to hack the computer easily. But when the door opened and we flipped over the token to see if there was a Suicider in there, sure enough there was. He used his next action to move around the corner to try to get around to the back door of the room. Sturges could have gone around the left or right, and either way he'd be in blue range of a marker that was potentially a 3rd and final Suicider. He went left and sure enough, he was 3 for 3 in having the token end up being a Suicider. I blame it on him not being painted yet He only had 3 health left, so when that Suicider activated, it moved close and detonated the nuke. That was enough to take out Sturges. But, He Did His job, as he got the inner room opened for the others to be able to open the valve. He also cleared out 2 of the 3 Suiciders for the group. Well done Sturges.

After Sturges moved around the corner, the Suicider in the room ran out and was able to see Aspirant Goddard engaged with the Brute. The Suicider moved in that direction but not close enough to do anything.

On Goddard's next activation, he disengaged from the Brute, as he didn't want to stick around for the Suicider to blow him up, even though it would maybe kill the Brute too. Fortunately, he didn't take leaving engagement damage and was able to get to the corner near Nora. He ended up taking 3 damage from a lucky shot from one of the settlers on that side by Dogmeat and was down to one health.

The Brute chased after Goddard and charged him. On Nora's next turn, she charged the Brute and pit a lot of damage on him. Fortunately the Suicider inside was up next but didn't have anyone in line of sight and stayed put. Goddard went next and was able to finish off the Brute and with his next action was able to get a very lucky shot off to finish off a settler that Nora had previously wounded.

Meanwhile, Dogmeat was tearing up the Mutant Hounds and dealing with Super Mutants, having been helped early on by Nora. Dogmeat was staying healthy for awhile, but eventually took several wounds before all the enemy was cleared from that side of the building.

So we still needed to get past that Suicider to open the valve. Nora, who was healthy, moved over to have line of sight through the doorway that Goddard had been in. She missed a shot at the Suicider and it came out for her and detonated the nuke. Nora took a lot of damage but was fine other than being dazed. With no more enemies in the area, we were able to open the valve and get water back to our settlement.

Lost Sturges, Goddard was down to one health and both Nora and Dogmeat were down to a few health each.

Fun game. Setup took a while, but we were kinda modding the scenario and that took extra time, as well as digging through a ton of item cards to get starting equipment. And being our first game, there was plenty of rules looking up.

I'll have to add pictures later when I have more time.

Last edited by Hahma; August 5th, 2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old August 5th, 2019, 07:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

So here are some of the 30 pictures I took during the game of Fallout as described in the previous post. I figured that post was long enough that I didn't need to add even more to it with the pictuers

The Sole Survivor Nora, Dogmeat, Settler with the geiger counter, the Enslaved Tech and the Paladin being used as Aspirant Goddard are my minis. The Super Mutants, Mutant Hounds, Suiciders, the unpainted Settler and the unpainted Sturges minis a Chris's. The only ones of those finished are the Suiciders and the Mutant Hounds.

Old August 5th, 2019, 11:56 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks like fun. I've been meaning to try a demo of that game ... I hear mixed reviews locally (love it or strongly dislike it, it seems).
Old August 6th, 2019, 12:09 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Looks like fun. I've been meaning to try a demo of that game ... I hear mixed reviews locally (love it or strongly dislike it, it seems).
I also picked up the core set but am yet to try it. I got it on a sale I think. The intimidating bit for me is how many different types of tokens there are. I remember punching them out and sorting them thinking dang. I just finished painting about 350 Legion minis and am now caught up with that game. Im debating what to dive into next.

Old August 6th, 2019, 06:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
It was fun. It's a chunky game as far as rules, cards and tokens etc. So it may be too much for some, while others such as me, like it because of how much it captures the Fallout video game and how much it feels like an RPG. I understand why it's a bit much for some people, but for me, I have other ganes that aren't very cumbersome, so if one game is then I don't mind. Legion has a bit to it as well in a way with so man cards and how it's not a quick game to play. So I guess I have 2 games somewhat cumbersome, but it's ok by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I also picked up the core set but am yet to try it. I got it on a sale I think. The intimidating bit for me is how many different types of tokens there are. I remember punching them out and sorting them thinking dang. I just finished painting about 350 Legion minis and am now caught up with that game. Im debating what to dive into next.
Actually Trex, the tokens aren't bad at all and make sense. They don't all get used in a game, as some are scenario specific, while others are very situational. But many of them are pretty small, though it makes sense for that. Actually, Legion has a lot of tokens too

Wow! 350 Legion models painted. You are a machine. You can play any combination possible it seems and 4 player for sure. Congrats on knocking them out.

Last edited by Hahma; August 6th, 2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old August 6th, 2019, 10:50 AM
"like" happy

Thats good to hear about the tokens. Its a small enough starter set that I might just paint that one next. Im super stoked about finishing painting my current legion models. Id still like to pick up a handful of boosters I dont have but Im thinking I might hold off on that for now. Im really liking the feeling of having a game "completely" painted. Though I still need to paint the 3rd and 4th core set barricades. Im not sure I really need that many though. Ive just been speed painting 5-10 models or so a night after my wife leaves for work and my kid is in bed. My gaming goal is to finally get all my solo games painted and played through at least once.

Old August 6th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Prickly Cactus

I think Fallout is actually comparable to Legion in some ways. Plenty of tokens, plenty of cards and the time to assign item cards to characters.

That said, one of the differences is that the unused upgrade cards for Legion don't form a draw deck. So for Fallout, you have to search the item deck for cards to eqip the characters and then shuffle all the unused ones back together to form a draw deck. This is only used however, if there are searchables being used in the scenario. Some scenarios don't require them, while others do, and it's fun to scavenge for stuff.

But you also have other draw decks like events that get drawn at the end of each round. Danger cards and creature cards can need to be drawn based on certain search results and maybe events but I haven't looked at all the events.

If playing vs for Fallout, there will be setup and winning conditions in the scenarios. If playing solo or co-op, there is that too, but yoy also have to set up the AI team with their cards etc. The AI seems pretty good, though it takes a little while to learn, as it's not a generic type programming for all enemy units because each character type will act a little different and that boils down further to how wounded they are and the die roll you do to determine their course on their activation.

I like the range sticks for Fallout and they are intuitive. It's also neat how the dice system works, where you have one main skill die to try to pass a skill, but also other types of dice that modify the results. Those other dice are determined by weapon or attack types. So the green die has mostly negative numbers to help get your skill die lower under the required number, so it helps with accuracy but also has a little bit to be able to add damage. The black die os the opposite, as it will primarily potentially add more damage if you hit, but also has a little other helpful faces. The yellow die primarily reduces the target's armor, but has other helpful faces.

The area of effect rules are neat, and rules for scatter if not on target.

I need to get working on my Super Mutants and all the other minis, so I can play some solo games here and there. Though maybe I won't wait until they are all painted as I do want to play sooner than that.

Old August 7th, 2019, 10:23 PM
"like" happy

I forgot to say how awesome I thought the board looked. It was very fitting for your fallout setting and sold it really well. Ill have to paint that set up. It shouldnt take more than a few evenings at most to do them all. Im just finishing laminating my last couple sets of booster cards from legion. I found a couple of hero boosters on ebay that were cheaper than amazon or miniature market. I picked up veers, leia, and jyn boxes for 10.36 a piece with free shipping. Thats probably all Im picking up for a little bit. That catches me up with all the hero boxes. Im kinda glad the clone wars wont be available for a bit. My wallet appreciates it. Im thinking that Ill round out my first two factions before going for the other ones. Im really juggling what Im going to paint next.

Old August 8th, 2019, 06:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

My friend Cris did that cool terrain setup, all I added was scatter and some minis. The walls are from Deathray Designs. He had the doors propped open along the perimeter, but they could be slid down the slot to close them. And the gear-like door was cool too.

He's got a big Dwarven Forge dungeon setup too that is pretty awesome.

That's cool that you got this characters at a good price. Yesterday I ended up ordering a set of Suiciders for Fallout off of Amazon. They were only $19 instead of MSRP of $33. Had to add something else (greenstuff )to get over $25 for free shipping, but I needed more greenstuff anyway. I didn't want to pay $27 for the Suiciders off of Miniature Market before as I didn't know how I'd like them. But after having them in a game, they were fun and added some tension.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures