Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 21st, 2020, 12:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Flag Bearer preview cards

Crest of the Valkyrie Prototype Cards

I had seen several of these but not all of these prototype flagbearer cards. Not sure when or why they were released from Hasbro, but it's an interesting insight into the design process. Every card has one or more changes. What can you spot?

preview:

released:
Spoiler Alert!

preview:

released:
Spoiler Alert!

preview:

released:
Spoiler Alert!

preview:

released:
Spoiler Alert!

preview:

released:
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:23 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Flag Bearer preview cards

Glad we got that Gilbert and Ornak; wish we had gotten the other Hatamoto and Laglor. Acolarh is just different text spacing, right?

I'm curious why we got to see the prototype cards for this release and only this release.
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

There are two cosmetic differences on the Acolarh card that I can find: spacing of the words in the first power, and size of the power name in the second power.
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:46 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

They really nailed Gilbert with that 5-point cost increase...
Old May 21st, 2020, 01:02 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The prototypes were released on the Hasbro Heroscape website, probably because the design team gave to website team at early stage and never send updated ones - why only for these is anyone's guess.

There are a bunch of word clarity changes and cosmetic changes, but below are substantive ones (better below means that the unit is more powerful or cheaper, not that I think the design is overall better):

Einar Hatamoto Taro: Prototype much better
Increase cost from 100 to 130 points. Increase attack from 1 to 2. INSPIRED DEFENSE AURA to HEROIC DEFENSE AURA changes "When defending with any..." to When defending against a normal attack by an adjacent figure with any..."

Ullar Acolarh:
Cosmetic only

Jandar Sir Gilbert: Prototype slightly better
Increase points from 100 to 105.

Utgar Ornak: Official better
RED FLAG OF FURY AURA changes "Order Marker 3" to "Order Marker 1". ORC BATTLE CRY changes "adjacent to Ornak" to "within 2 clear sight spaces of Ornak"

Vydar Laglor: Official better
Reduce Cost from 120 to 100.

For better Hatamoto Taro & Acolarh, see :
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
See also the Competitive Unit Congress (CUC) card below (Prototype card but with 2 attack). I give this card about a B+ (Versus F), but I usually play with my CUA versions of Ashigaru Yari and Kato Katsuro or C3V Tomoe Gozen, so the B+ ranking is with those, otherwise the Prototype/CUC card is still a C+ at best as the Samurai/Ashigaru in general are not that great.
CUC Designed Card (150 DPI but clean looking):

My Design (300 DPI, but needs cleanup):
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
for those that want a better version of Acolarh, here are 3 alternate versions to choose from -
Prototype card (found on Heroscape.com at one point)

Competitive Unit Congress PROPOSAL
Proposal: Reduce points to 80. Change LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA as follows, "When any elf you control within 8 <omit> spaces of Acolarh receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may roll 10 12 Ullar Valkyrie dice..."

Competitive Unit Alters - by @lefton4ya
Proposal: Add EVASIVE 1. Change LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA to be "...you may roll 10 12 Ullar Valkyrie Dice..."
Old May 27th, 2020, 04:07 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m glad they nerfed Hatamoto he really needed it haha. His prototype still isn’t that great, but at least it’s in the realm of playability. I can’t really imagine him dominating the playtesting games, I wonder what they were running to want to nerf him. Maybe Kato/Ashigaru that we’re much stronger than the ones we got?

It’s really painful to see Acolarh was unchanged in the preview too. It’s such an obvious fix (well, he still wouldn’t be great lol) to up the dice roll from 10 to 12.

Red Flag of Fury on OM 3 is really interesting.
Old May 27th, 2020, 04:18 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Glad we got that Gilbert and Ornak; wish we had gotten the other Hatamoto and Laglor. Acolarh is just different text spacing, right?

I'm curious why we got to see the prototype cards for this release and only this release.
There were revealed prototype cards for the Marvel master set too that were different. Iron Man had Explosion SA (which I thought made him more interesting and was bummed that they took it away from him), and I think maybe Captain America was more expensive. I know Thanos’ sculpt was also supposed to have a grey flame around its fist but wasn’t released that way (like the original blue stripes on Kelda’s wings). I don’t remember if there was anything else that was different.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion