Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old June 23rd, 2020, 01:51 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: HoME Art Thread

I've been messing around with the ring template, here's a draft of what I have done. I used @White Knight 's design as a starting point and simply tweaked/added a few elements.

I realize the powers aren't up to date with what we have in design, just wanted to get a feel for layout.

Thoughts?
Old June 23rd, 2020, 04:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like it quite a bit. I think classic Heroscape cards have set me up to expect something... busier. In terms of the borders and the background.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 23rd, 2020, 06:15 PM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

I really like the design, its feels unique but I think that we should go with the classic cards.

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old June 23rd, 2020, 06:59 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This would only be used for the "HoME General" alternate cards.

--
--
--

--
Old June 23rd, 2020, 07:03 PM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

Excellent thinking @capsocrates . Sounds good to me!

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old June 23rd, 2020, 07:05 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Agreed, it looks really cool and I'm all for alternate artwork
Old June 24th, 2020, 02:25 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like it quite a bit. I think classic Heroscape cards have set me up to expect something... busier. In terms of the borders and the background.
Good point, I worked with it some more and it definitely felt incomplete. I tried to incorporate some character backgrounds this time around, here are a couple examples.

I realized designs with shorter length abilities (like this Nazgul example) would give the card a lot more negative space. I was thinking of tossing a Middle Earth map texture behind everything else on the left, but that may clutter up the card too much.
Old June 24th, 2020, 04:15 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I understand how the inclusion of the map behind the text box could make it look a bit busy or be too hard to read. I do like having the points off to the left in terms of organization. Maybe we could get some different background colors to block off the powers text area from the rest of the card? Could give it some pop, that's really my only feedback. I like it.
Old June 24th, 2020, 04:34 PM
...Something unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I understand how the inclusion of the map behind the text box could make it look a bit busy or be too hard to read. I do like having the points off to the left in terms of organization. Maybe we could get some different background colors to block off the powers text area from the rest of the card? Could give it some pop, that's really my only feedback. I like it.
I tossed in the map at a super low opacity just to see how it sat with everything else. I could see this working with a few more small changes, or we could try taking the map out and working in a different direction.

Old June 24th, 2020, 04:56 PM

actually, the map has soft enough lines that I personally don't find it distracting at all. The map gives the card a lot more life, also on that note I'm not sure I like the points listed in white font. Minor things, I really like the direction of the card.
Old June 24th, 2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
I tossed in the map at a super low opacity just to see how it sat with everything else. I could see this working with a few more small changes, or we could try taking the map out and working in a different direction.

This is fantastic! I like this direction. Is there anything we can do to make the border "pop" a little more? Make it look more like its an actual golden ring, perhaps?

--
--
--

--
Old June 24th, 2020, 06:05 PM
...Something unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post

Spoiler Alert!
This is fantastic! I like this direction. Is there anything we can do to make the border "pop" a little more? Make it look more like its an actual golden ring, perhaps?
Of course! I tried a few different ways, but I think using a golden gradient around the outer circle of the card turned out best. Check it out, subtle but if we want extra bling I can mess with it more

And a couple more versions using some textures:
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs