Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 6th, 2019, 11:01 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Every design deserves a place on this site (though I admit this is a family friendly site so maybe not all designs), but not every design fits with SoV or C3V. You wouldn't push for an Abraham Lincoln figure in C3G or here or in virtually any other group project. Wordiness is definitely at odds with SoV philosophy. That doesn't mean you should avoid wordiness, just that such a custom might not be a good match with this specific project. A lot of us play with kids some of which aren't the best readers, something worth keeping in mind.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 6th, 2019, 11:18 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
To come into this thread, get 4 respected customs creators point out some issues, and then accuse us of being closed-minded is baffling.

I'm not sure what prejudice you think we have against you or this design. In your only submission experience with the SoV so far, you've received nothing but upvotes, and deservingly so.
The two sentences above are not mutually exclusive. I speak only of this design and its dynamics. You ignore my points, rather than addressing them. The Elaria comparison is the most egregious from my perspective. That you do not feel that you are close minded in this particular case, does not preclude the possibility that you are. I do not “accuse.” I do not believe you are intentionally closing your minds and certainly attribute no malicious intent to any of you. I regret any hurt feelings, and believe you do also.

Admittedly, I could also be full of it for reasons that are not apparent to me now. Or the truth may lie somewhere in between. We may have to respectfully agree to extremely disagree on the issues Ueshi raises. Our respective visions of what Heroscape is are apparently farther apart than I imagined.

I hope you all will look over our battle reports from our testing, and we are all enlightened by them.

None of this diminishes my gratitude and joy for the whole process of Kha’s evolution, and I hope you still consider me to be as much a friend as I can be in the context of an online Community within which we are occasionally privileged and delighted to meet in person.

Old September 7th, 2019, 08:12 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I apologize for my outburst. No excuses.

Scrapping the design and its concepts, and the test.

Again, I’m deeply sorry.

Old September 7th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

One thing worth noting about the customs creation process is that there really is little point to arguing against someone's feeback. While it may be possible to convince one or a group of people something's validity, most people who come across the unit elsewhere will not have that context. It is likely other people will have the same impressions, and you won't get a chance to dissuade their concerns.

The best thing to keep in mind when evaluating feedback is that you're getting a chance to see the unit through someone else's eyes. Even if you disagree with their viewpoint, and even if their viewpoint is flat-out wrong, it's how someone views your unit and likely how more people will in the future. It's then up to you to decide if you want to address it by changing the unit or not.
Old September 7th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
One thing worth noting about the customs creation process is that there really is little point to arguing against someone's feeback. While it may be possible to convince one or a group of people something's validity, most people who come across the unit elsewhere will not have that context. It is likely other people will have the same impressions, and you won't get a chance to dissuade their concerns.

The best thing to keep in mind when evaluating feedback is that you're getting a chance to see the unit through someone else's eyes. Even if you disagree with their viewpoint, and even if their viewpoint is flat-out wrong, it's how someone views your unit and likely how more people will in the future. It's then up to you to decide if you want to address it by changing the unit or not.
This is really valuable advice^. I've had to remind myself of this multiple times during custom creation.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 7th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Kolakoski, I applaud your apology for the outburst. I am quite certain that there are no hard feelings.

All’s well, my friend.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 10th, 2019, 11:35 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

What do people think of this three man squad. Figures used three Hammerer #07 Blood War D&D Miniatures

Long live heroscape

Last edited by The Long eared bat; September 10th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old September 10th, 2019, 11:39 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I don't like that you added that they can wind up during a Warforged Hero's turn. Quite frankly it doesn't really make much sense. I understand you're trying to still allow them to get stronger even when they don't have an OM and you're using a hero...but it just doesn't make sense to me to add that synergy. Keep it simple.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 10th, 2019, 12:01 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm slightly confused about the design. You say that it has three figures, but only one is listed. Is that same figure intended to be used three times?
Old September 10th, 2019, 12:05 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm slightly confused about the design. You say that it has three figures, but only one is listed. Is that same figure intended to be used three times?
Sorry, yes it is the same figure used. Three Hammerers.

Long live heroscape
Old September 10th, 2019, 12:08 PM

Well met!

Simpler to drop the Hero, and Windup after the Hammerers’ turn, or the end of the Round, and/or by revealing the X Order Marker.

P.S.: A little something Sir Heroscape has been helping me with:

NIERIEL

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Ranger
Personality Tricky

Size Medium 4

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Points 110

NEEDLE
Range 4, Attack 2
Before or after moving, Nieriel may attack with Needle. Defending figures roll 1 less defense die for each skull rolled with Needle. She still may attack with her normal attack this turn.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Nieriel attacks, she may attack one additional time. [Nieriel may attack with her normal attack twice, her Special Attack twice, or with each once.]

QUICK SWITCH
If Nieriel is attacked with a normal attack while engaged and at least 1 skull is rolled, before rolling defense dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, choose an opponent's small or medium figure adjacent to Nieriel who is not attacking and switch it with Nieriel. That figure is now the target of the attack and must roll defense dice. Figures moved by Quick Switch never take any leaving engagement attacks.

Old September 10th, 2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I don't like that you added that they can wind up during a Warforged Hero's turn. Quite frankly it doesn't really make much sense. I understand you're trying to still allow them to get stronger even when they don't have an OM and you're using a hero...but it just doesn't make sense to me to add that synergy. Keep it simple.
It is also intended to be thematic. They see their "leader" move into battle and therefore wind up in preperation to back that figure up in battle.

Long live heroscape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards