Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old November 22nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Two player PS4 OR PS3 recommendations

Well since it doesn't look like Battlefront II is going to fulfill us for any length of time I'm looking for some other suggestions...

Just to recap, I'm getting my 10 year old a PS4 for Christmas. Currently we have a Wii and a PS2 and we play a lot of Battlefronts 1 and 2 for PS2 as it's the only FPS my wife allows since you are shooting Droids and Storm troopers and not technically humans. We are actually almost done with running through the Coop Campaign in Battlefronts II again...that's how much we enjoy that old game. He's also getting into sports games and racing games. I loved the Gran Turismo 3 for PS2, both the career mode and the split screen vs racing. I also liked the variety of dirt tracks and road tracks. I hate the monetized subscription based direction a lot of games these days go for. It seems like you are getting less game for more money and then having to pay a fee to play the game online. I like games with a good campaign.

What 2P non network needing games would you recommend that I should look into. My son doesn't get to play video games a ton but we enjoy playing together and sleepovers with friends we'll let him play but we don't want to start down the online road with him yet.

Looked into the newest Gran Turismo game but looks like another geared toward online play game.

Bonus points if the game has a 2P coop campaign.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; December 6th, 2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 09:21 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Two player PS4 recommendations

Rocket League is pretty fun if you're into sports game stuff, it's basically soccer with RC cars. The Plants vs. Zombies games are pretty good for younger kids, Garden Warfare 2 is basically like old school Battlefront 1 and 2 in a lot of ways. It does have some level of micro-transactions though I think, though when I played with my friend's kid there was plenty of game to be had and I know they didn't let him do any micro-transactions.

There's really not a lot out there though, my brother has been looking for stuff like that so we can actually play together, but he's not found anything (we have no interest in the new garbage that stole Battlefront's name). Honestly, I've not been impressed with most mainstream modern games lately.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 23rd, 2017, 01:22 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Ditto same question. Split screen would be ideal. We have internet and free PSN account, but don’t want to play online, just Versus or even co-op campaign. Almost want to just break out the N64.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:40 AM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

I would recommend Knack 2, Injustice 2, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and/or Rock Band 4.

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old November 23rd, 2017, 02:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post
I would recommend Knack 2, Injustice 2, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and/or Rock Band 4.
On the Lego games...are they different games than the other platform versions...I mean the draw of the PS4 is the new graphics and such and if the games we will enjoy turn out to be limited to these non horsepower type of games we might as well just stick with the Wii versions.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 03:23 PM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
On the Lego games...are they different games than the other platform versions...I mean the draw of the PS4 is the new graphics and such and if the games we will enjoy turn out to be limited to these non horsepower type of games we might as well just stick with the Wii versions.
The last Lego game released for PS2 was Lego Batman 2 in 2008 and the last one released for Wii was Lego Lord of the Rings in 2012. The gameplay for Lego games are simular but they reward replaying levels and its fun unlocking all the characters. I am a huge fan of Marvel Comics and Star Wars and the newest lego games for those properties are not on the wii. The video game industry is sadly going away from couch COOP in favor of online multiplayer, so your options are limited.

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old December 6th, 2017, 11:42 AM
A Man of Taste

Re: Two player PS4 OR PS3 recommendations

Change of direction here...a PS3 that was gifted to me a few years ago...it sat in the closet as the drive was bad and it was $100 at the time to get it replaced...On a whim I checked online and found the drive for $23 and several good youtube videos...well last night I changed out the drive and it read a PS2 disc with no problems so I'm guessing it works. I seem to have lost the charging cable to the controller so I can't really do anything yet but I'll pick up a charging cable today. Now I'm thinking I order a second controller and buy a few games instead of a new PS4 and possibly just one game.

Since games are cheaper and I don't have to buy a system I'm looking at getting a few games but I was curious about updated to older games and if you can still get the updates...

Looking at a soccer game as my son has been getting into soccer a lot over the past couple years and there is even talk of a MLS team moving to town. I can find Fifa 16 for less than $20 but I noticed the game description talks about an update and I was curious if you can still upgrade this and if so is this a free connection or do you first have to pay the subscription to the PS servers to get this if you don't plan on playing online?

I'm looking to get a soccer game, hockey game, Racing game (split screen required) and probably a lego game...suggestions welcome. Again local multiplayer not online is the goal.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games