Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 25th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Samuel Brown

Even in armies where he doesn't synergize, he is great filler. If the enemy encroaches your start zone, especially with Frenzying Vipers, you get to send him out as a pit bull. He also can be used to take out a Samurai or two, if your army has mostly normal attacks.

Old November 25th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Anyone see any synergy I missed. I got the 4th Mass but I couldn't think of anything else.
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Coming from wave 2, for a lot of people the 4th Mass aren't the most abundant squad in their collection. Most of the builds you're going to use Sam in will have 4th Mass too, so Sam will be a difficult figure to supply at the same time as your 4th. Proxying with a non 4th Mass sculpt is easy at home but not acceptable in tournaments.

I say the community votes on a similar 10th Reg fig to legally substitute as Sam. First, not many people play the 10th Reg and the 4th Mass in the same army, so you could use "Sam" without breaking one of your valueble 4 squads (well, Mass). Second, the 10th Reg have very similar positions to the 4th. This particular 4th doesn't really have a similar gun position as one of the 10th, but the gun isn't hittable anyways. So I say just choice the one with the most similar body pose and ignore gun position. All 10ths have a simlar hat and the extra non hittable things (like the hatchat or whatever) on Sam are small. Besides, LOS isn't that big of deal in a game; most of the time you can reason with your opponent about it or roll a dice. And this way the sculpts are pretty identical. Thoughts?
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I say allow any 4th repaint to be used. If someone splits up one squad of 4th, they could supply 3 other people with a figure to repaint and use.

Other than DeD who no one used and the Wyrmlings, this guy has the cheapest Special Attack in the game.
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:20 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I say allow any 4th repaint to be used. If someone splits up one squad of 4th, they could supply 3 other people with a figure to repaint and use.

Other than DeD who no one used and the Wyrmlings, this guy has the cheapest Special Attack in the game.
Roman Archers are 55 and have a special attack, but like DeD they aren't used much.
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Tickle Pickle

I meant cheapest Hero but thanks.
Old November 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
Quote:
Roman Archers are 55 and have a special attack, but like DeD they aren't used much.
I meant cheapest Hero but thanks.
The Earth Elemental would like a word with you.

... but yes, he ties with DeD for cheapest multi-life hero or unique hero with a special attack.
Old November 25th, 2010, 05:59 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
First time for everything.

I might have to try my hand at a repaint for the first time, now to find an extra 4th figure. Damn you eBay!

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old November 25th, 2010, 06:44 PM

AgentDex Woo who?

Quote:
I like this idea. 4 Samuel Brown's per 4th Mass squad really makes this guy more accessible for everyone. I myself wouldn't mind not having the official sculpt as long as it is painted. Even a 10th Reg, fig will do.
This must have been a hard unit to keep under wraps for so long.
He has such a cool power I am glad we finally get to see it. It's hard to believe Wizards had something like this in their back pocket and didn't use it for Gencon.

It's nice to know I am not the only adult addicted to buying and playing with plastic miniatures.
Old November 25th, 2010, 07:16 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker

I was already thinking along these lines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I say the community votes on a similar 10th Reg fig to legally substitute as Sam. First, not many people play the 10th Reg and the 4th Mass in the same army, so you could use "Sam" without breaking one of your valueble 4 squads (well, Mass).
Quote:
I believe we should use both of these ideas. Being able to repaint any 10th as Sam would allow for the most efficient use of figures. 10th are still available, and using all 4 figs would be better than wasteing the remaining figs.

Also, because Truth thanked Hextr1p for creating the card, it believe that this was done recently. We could ask (beg, cajole, etc) Hextr1p to change it to a repainted 10th. (Or even better, create 4 cards for the different 10ths)

At any rate, I am very excited by this developement. Thanks to Truth and the rest for getting this Hero unlocked. Also thanks to Hextr1p for what he has already done (and may do in the future, see above)
Old November 25th, 2010, 07:23 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Trask View Post
Also, because Truth thanked Hextr1p for creating the card, it believe that this was done recently. We could ask (beg, cajole, etc) Hextr1p to change it to a repainted 10th. (Or even better, create 4 cards for the different 10ths)
Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. It would make for 8 different kinds of Sam, though... I still like it, it would make it easier and more accessible.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old November 25th, 2010, 07:23 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

It's going to be up to the tourney directors, but I doubt either of those will be allowed at Gencon. You couldn't just sub in a Krav or a different Nakita for Skahen; you had to use her sculpt. I hate to be a Debbie Downer (that's a lie, actually; I love her), but I just don't see that happening in "official" tournaments. That said, house rule away!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units