Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Custom Reviews

I don't know what I'd do with myself without this great community that continues to grow in awesomeness each day.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 10th, 2012, 05:04 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

She-Hulk and Emma Frost second opinion:

After playing a few more games since my initial impression a few weeks ago when first using some new characters, I still say Emma Frost is broken. She-Hulk turned out to be fine, it was just an unlucky game that led to her seemingly overpowered ability, but she turned out to be as stoppable as anyone with the right techniques. However, as stated above, I still say Emma's "1 shield blocks all damage" makes her character not only broken, but just unfun to have in the game.

I ended up switching her card out for GreyOwls. Which is a shame because I liked C3G's telepathic link special, where everyone is in sight on your team, but it's not worth having to take turn after turn after turn after turn trying to damage her, without even needing to roll attack dice because it's faster to just let the defender roll to get their shield and say "don't bother". That's just one of those things that takes away from the experience too much, and turns fun and unpredictable into boring and redundant.

I'm not knocking you guys either, take my criticism constructively, not insultingly. I am just sharing my expeiences with you, and giving a simple opinion of the people I play with and I's take on the character. A defense of 9 or 10 in diamond form is more appealing and balanced, than simply blocking all damage with 1 shield rolled.

---------------------

Still haven't touched Hawkeye after my intital playthrough with him, he just seemed too weak. Maybe in a game with squads he has use, but in a game with just unique heroes, he's essentially a sharpshooter with a bb gun in a world filled with superheroes.

---------------------

I've bumped up my roster up to around 50 characters. All Marvel heroes. The 10 Hasbro originals, and the rest either C3G or GreyOwl cards depending on what i found to be more balanced and more interesting, usually going for each person to bring something unique to the table that nobody else offers.

Top 10 Personal Favorite Characters i've used or played against:
1.Human Torch (C3G)
2.Magneto (GreyOwl)
3.Psylocke (C3G)
4.Daredevil (C3G)
5.Beast (GreyOwl)
6.Captain America (Hasbro)
7.Wolverine (C3G)
8.Scarlet Witch (C3G)
9.Cyclops (C3G)
10.She-Hulk (C3G)

Top 5 Characters that leave more to be desired:
1.Hawkeye (C3G)
2.Spider-man (Hasbro)
3.Venom (Hasbro)
4.Iron Man (Hasbro)
5.Emma Frost (C3G)

Just ordered Thor, Ghost Rider, Thing, Invisible Woman, Gambit, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, and Nightcrawler. So i'm curious to see how they will play out. They have some interesting cards from either C3G or GreyOwls, Doctor Strange's and Ghost Rider's i'm still undecided un which version I want to use because both offer something fun and unique with good balance.

Until next time...same Bat time same Bat channel...
Old September 14th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here some more CG3 Avengers reviews to add since it has been a long time since I have posted. You can find other CG3 reviews earlier in the thread (Baron Von Strucker,
Mockingbird, Black Widow, Annihilus, Loki, Namor, Graviton, Thor, Luke Cage, Red Skull, Tigra, Black Panther, Kang, GIANT MAN, Hercules, Wasp, Ant-Man, Falcon, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, BUCKY, Jocasta, Quicksilver, Vision, Wonder Man, Yellowjacket, Ultron,
Absorbing Mane, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Doom).

Black Knight-Pretty simple and straightforward. I question the thematic accuracy of Absorb and Return a little bit though. I assume that refers to his sword being able to repel attacks, but think this should just be part of his base defense value. There are tons of powers where this power makes no sense. Grade: C-.

Bulldozer-I liked the headbutt power. Good solid thematic card with an accurate value from a character history standpoint. Grade:B+.

Diablo-Again, no real issued. Nothing groundbreaking here, but an accurate take on the character. I like it better than the other Diablo cards that I have seen. Grade: B.

Dragon Man-Very solid card. Hits all the right notes for the character. Grade: A.

Executioner-Giant Killer is very appropriate. I am not sold on the Teleportation power though. It isn't thematically broken per se, but just gives off the wrong feel for how the character operates most of the time. The mechanics of the power are pretty neat, but again, I think will result in giving him a different feel on the HS battlefield. Grade: C.

Grey Gargoyle-To be honest, I don't quite know how I would handle this character. Yes, he turns guys to stone, but he also isn't a heavyweight...so how you do you reflect this? I don't like the theme of the Hands of Stone power as it results in (apparently) them turning back and forth from stone. On the other hand, I think some leeway can be given for reasons mentioned above. I don't know, maybe give him a KO power if all skulls are rolled AND a d20 roll of some type is successful? Grade: C.

Ms. Marvel-think she is a bit overpowered from a thematic standpoint and not a huge fan of the Avengers leadership power (since I am not a fan of markers). Not a hard quibble with either one though. Grade: B-.

Piledriver-Simple character done simply, as it should be. Grade: B.

Puppet Master-Thematically, very accurate. I suspect that his powers would have a wide variability within a game so have no idea if the cost is accurate or not. Grade: B+.

Thanos-Good to see a souped of version of Thanos, as some of you know how much I like the big powered baddies. Looks like the Mad Titan to me. Grade: A-.

US Agent-Cap clone as he should be. Powers all look thematic. I would have liked to maybe see something that shows what an a** he is, but that is just quibbling. Maybe power him down so he isn't quite at Cap's level? Grade: B.

Whirlwind-Like with US Agent, I sometimes like to see personality stuff on cards when it is SO prevalent in their storylines. In this case, that would be hatred for the Pyms. However, I realize those things get wonky. The powers that are there look solid. Grade: A-.

Wrecker-Don't need the crowbar throw thing as it is not an iconic power, Like the rest of the "Crew", he needs to be simpler. I like the Demo power. Grade: B-.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations