Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old October 5th, 2015, 12:59 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
MOUNTAINWALK: How would YOU do it?

-This thread is the seventh of a series-

Mountainwalk is an ability from Magic: the Gathering
Quote:
Mountainwalk (This creature can't be blocked as long as defending player controls a mountain.)
I treated the power as I did Swampwalk and Swamp Walk: Limited Phantom Walk. Unlike Swamp Walk, there are no "mountain spaces". My next thought was rock spaces, and i still might do that for simplicity's sake, but when i think of " mountain ", i think of a thing in this game called " elevation ". However, when dealing with Forestwalk and " trees and bushes " I thought of the rock things in DnD Masterset 3.

1) MOUNTAIN WALK
Mountain Goats can move through all outcrops and all figures adjacent to outcrops. Mountain Goats are never attacked with leaving-engagement attacks when entering spaces adjacent to outcrops.
2) MOUNTAIN WALK
Mountain Goats can move through all figures on elevations 3 or higher (2 being a hill and 3 a mountain). Mountain Goats are never attacked with leaving-engagement attacks when entering spaces with elevations 3 or higher.
2.2) MOUNTAIN WALK
Mountain Goats can move through all figures on elevations 3 or higher. Mountain Goats are never attacked with leaving-engagement attacks when entering spaces with elevations 3 or higher. When moving up elevations, Mountain Goats ignore height restrictions.
2.3) MOUNTAIN WALK
Mountain Goats can move through all figures on elevations 3 or higher. Mountain Goats are never attacked with leaving-engagement attacks when entering spaces with elevations 3 or higher. Mountain Goats ignore height restrictions when moving up elevations and Mountain Goats never take falling damage when moving down elevations.
2.4) MOUNTAIN WALK
Mountain Goats can move through all figures on elevations 2 or higher. Mountain Goats are never attacked with leaving-engagement attacks when entering spaces with elevations 2 or higher. Mountain Goats ignore height restrictions when moving up elevations and Mountain Goats never take falling damage when moving down elevations.
3) ROCK WALK
Mountain Goats can move through all figures on rock spaces. Mountain Goats are never attacked with leaving-engagement attacks when entering rock spaces.

So how would YOU do it?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; October 5th, 2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old October 5th, 2015, 08:48 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: MOUNTAINWALK: How would YOU do it?

I say we should use version #1. I wouldn't mind adding snow and ice enhanced movement or Glacier synergy as well.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 5th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
I say we should use version #1. I wouldn't mind adding snow and ice enhanced movement or Glacier synergy as well.
Snow and Ice should be reserved for the Ice Age block.
Glaciers count as outcrops, I believe.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 6th, 2015, 02:34 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Snow and Ice should be reserved for the Ice Age block.
Glaciers count as outcrops, I believe.
I didn't know that. We could definitely drop the Snow/Ice thing, though. Outcrops and Glaciers sound good to me.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 12th, 2015, 11:04 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

We don't have any figure that has a power using rock spaces, and they are in every master set as the second or third most common terrain (although many maps use the hexes only as bases for other hexes). They are common enough that you would want to bring figures with rock powers to a tourney and count as a reliable power, but not overpowered as long as most of the maps don't have rock on all the high points of every map.
3) ROCK WALK
Mountain Goats can move through all figures on rock spaces. Mountain Goats are never attacked with leaving-engagement attacks when entering rock spaces.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender