Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Cartographers
C3G2.0 Cartographers This is the forum where we Discuss, Create, and Display all our Maps.

Old January 2nd, 2024, 06:13 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kamar-Taj Map - Public Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I could run a test for this next week, but I would need build instructions. I can't download the File here. Something about being in moderation queue.
Hey that would be great! If you can't get the info from the site I can send you the build instruction PDF on Discord. Or PM me your email and I can send it to you there?
Old January 9th, 2024, 03:17 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

The building pdf is only showing the initial picture, not the level by level build instructions. Was going to try and use this tonight. Let me know if the file is updated by 6 pm or so CST. @japes @Ericth74

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 9th, 2024, 03:27 PM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
The building pdf is only showing the initial picture, not the level by level build instructions. Was going to try and use this tonight. Let me know if the file is updated by 6 pm or so CST. @japes @Ericth74
Did you get the instructions I sent on discord?
Old January 9th, 2024, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Updated here or check your discord I just fixed it and sent you a copy there.
Old January 9th, 2024, 04:06 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Got it! Thanks!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 9th, 2024, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Got it! Thanks!
Thank you. I'll be around tonight if you have any questions, hit me up on Discord.
Old January 9th, 2024, 04:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Overall Look: Looks good. I discussed with Eric a couple of pillar moves that could be nice.

Stability: Played on TTS

Build difficulty: Played on TTS

Size: Larger size map. Could be used 1000 point and above. Could also be used for a 2 v 2 map. Eric is considering moving the start zones in, but I felt like action developed soon enough and I honestly like the current size.

Unit types positively affected: Being a large map fliers or figures with big moves can take advantage of the size, but the two Trees of Life and the Inspiring Landmark encourage figures to be placed tactically, which limits the appeal of kiting.

Unit types negatively affected: Slow movers. Figures with low attacks, as there’s a lot of defense to be had with the Trees of Life fairly central (though the Inspiring Landmark and Time Gem can provide offensive boosts to counteract this some.

Key areas on the Map: Most areas of the map were used, but mostly around the Trees of Life and by the Inspiring Landmark. Height on the road saw some action as well.

Areas not used much or at all: Pretty much the whole map was used except maybe side to side in the start zones some.

Units: Goliath (300), Lexington (140), Brooklyn (240), Broadway (220), Weather Wizard (100) (1000) vs JLA Trinity (1000)
Unit Summary: Gargoyles had some tanking ability here but didn’t have enough attack power to threaten the Trinity.
Game Summary
Spoiler Alert!

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Batman with Full Life, Superman with Full Life, and Wonder Woman with 3 Life win..

Units: Goliath (300), Hudson (200), Lexington (140), Tracer (190), Rocket Raccoon (170) (1000) vs Luke Cage (190), Misty Knight (180), Black Cat (180), Spider-Man (250), Daredevil (200) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Game Summary
Spoiler Alert!

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Hudson with 2 Life and Tracer with 1 Life win.
Final Thoughts: Fun map!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old January 11th, 2024, 01:41 PM
C3G's First Fan

Can I get a link to the playtest report for Maps here? Also, we only got in one game the other night, but I will get in a second game this weekend for you. In the meantime, I can write up game one for you. Teams were Kong and Godzilla versus All For One, Black Lightning, Wasp, Captain America, Nikki, and Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel (Carol), Black Widow, Tigra. The Avengers teams won. It was 2 vs. 2. I can try to do a 1 v 1 in the next battle if you prefer. We usually do team games.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old January 11th, 2024, 01:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Can I get a link to the playtest report for Maps here? Also, we only got in one game the other night, but I will get in a second game this weekend for you. In the meantime, I can write up game one for you. Teams were Kong and Godzilla versus All For One, Black Lightning, Wasp, Captain America, Nikki, and Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel (Carol), Black Widow, Tigra. The Avengers teams won. It was 2 vs. 2. I can try to do a 1 v 1 in the next battle if you prefer. We usually do team games.
as you are the first person to build it physically...can you comment on that part specifically.

Also see the post right above yours. Not sure if we have a specific playtest report link.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 11th, 2024, 01:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@spidey ...I'd just add this to the beginning of a regular test report.

Quote:
Overall Look:

Stability:

Build difficulty:

Size: .

Unit types positively affected: .

Unit types negatively affected: .

Key areas on the Map: .

Areas not used much or at all: .

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 11th, 2024, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Team games are perfectly fine with me. I appreciate the info.
Old January 12th, 2024, 07:07 PM

Feedback from Shiftrex

Overall Look: Overall look is good, definitely a lack of throwable objects but I like the placements of the time gem, heroic monument and experimental medicine. Without the power ups I think that the map would be a bit bare. Still thinking that the area up top with the experimental medicine seems a bit wide open but that may be best if the healing item of the map is up there.

Stability: Stability looks good, I don’t think anything is going to fall over. Castle walls (even used as pillars) are generally very stable and there are no crazy overhangs or anything that I could see knocking over during standard play.

Build difficulty: I think this would be easy to build, especially because I could start with the lake (I always do water first) and then build from there. A nice big area of water is always a plus for me on a map.

Size: Perfect for Superscape, I feel like it won’t take me forever to get to the fight but Flash also needs to commit if he just wants to get to my start zone. I think Starscream and some other fast movers could take advantage of getting to the mountain with the experimental medicine is but that’s not a problem so much as a feature. The low ground has interesting terrain that is worth fighting over.

Unit types positively affected: Units that want water definitely like this map, also any units that already come with enhancements to attack/defense of any kind. The trees of life are in very good positions to defend though there are some low spots around the tree as well.

Ranged units will like the hill and don’t have a ton of obstructed shots into the center of the map.

Unit types negatively affected: Ground pounders facing units that can kite or reposition them effectively will dislike getting thrown into/across the lake but since it is a lake instead of a river I think this effect is minimized. Any unit that plays off having a lot of small attacks will struggle getting wounds to stick because of the trees of life that have some decent elevation around them.

Key areas on the Map:

Tree of life (your startzone, enemy start zone) are ideal podding areas.
The lake (lowest point on map) / Time Gem area is dead center so lots of action will happen there
Monument area (near tree of death area) / the monument gets used but I feel like it would be a stronger design if we could get the monument next to the tree of death. Right now the monument is a pretty easy to defend point because people either have to be in the water (and most units don’t like that) or they have 2 spaces to stand where they aren’t getting affected by the tree. I think an attack boost area should be a little more contestable for teams that will stack this boost.
The hill / medicine area, probably the weaker area of the map because of the teams that I took. I think if I played Hydra Agents or Storm Troopers or my patented Wilson & Wilson build that I would see a lot more use out of the hill and could effectively hold it.

Areas not used much or at all: The hill was my least used area but that’s because I had need of the water and didn’t have range on my builds.

Game 1:
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2:
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: Would play on this map again, I think my biggest improvement thoughts are getting the memorial monument next to the tree of death somehow, making it so it doesn’t cover the initial location of the time gem would make for some choices in what you are going to go after first. The Hill was a bit bare from a melee army perspective but I think I’ll really appreciate it in ranged armies. Almost with there was something to throw on the map but overall really nice and lots of positions to think through.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Cartographers