Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old September 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!
Dramascape

DriveThruRPG.com has some new products from a company called Dramascape. These are printable terrain sheets with either square or ... wait for it. HEX overlays.

The quality from the previews and free sets look good. Yup I said FREE the Scapers favorite word. Well second favorite word.

Taverns, Arena, Castles, Armory and quite a few more.

Check it out.

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old September 6th, 2012, 01:31 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Dramascape

Try this link for the Dramascape brand stuff, including free as well as un-free.
Old September 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I just printed out one sheet of The Tavern file with the hex overlay. The hexes are quite small, 1" from flat to flat and about 1 1/8" from vertex to opposite vertex.
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

The problem with these types of things are that they're basically nice looking art with a grid or some hexes thrown over top of them. This is with no regard to where say a wall or table is in relation to the hex grid. Most of the time it's anybodies guess as to whether or not part of the table is in the hex or not. In a game like Heroscape I need to know where a figure is, on the table or on the floor.

Man, I need to go into the map making business.....
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:41 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

If I want to simulate a tavern, I'll do it with standard 'scape terrain. Then there's no problem knowing' where figures are supposed to be standin' or sittin'! I don't need no stinkin' custom terrain (although the sort-of-cypress trees I bought at the Red Caboose hobby store, and the Confrontation wall terrain, look cool).
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM

How do you do a table and chairs in Scape terrain?
Old September 6th, 2012, 06:10 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Elementary my dear, Porkins:

Single Hex + Battlement = Chair
Double Hex x 2 = Table

Personally, I'd use castle walk tiles to make them stand out from the rest of the terrain. You can make your table as long as you like but two hexes wide by two hexes tall is standard.

And... because I was bored, a visual.

Last edited by AliasQTip; September 6th, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old September 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM

OK, I raise you 3 half filled wine glasses and a roast turkey on the table!
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:09 PM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
OK, I raise you 3 half filled wine glasses and a roast turkey on the table!
Lego.
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

I don't need no stinkin' custom terrain
Your loss, but hey, suit yourself....

Scroll down on the below link page a bit to see one hex, one level high tables in action. (By the way the chairs laying around on the floor just get knocked around and are only there for visual fun.)

http://www.meleewizards.com/photos_dark%20vale.html
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:59 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

I don't need no stinkin' custom terrain
Your loss, but hey, suit yourself....

Scroll down on the below link page a bit to see one hex, one level high tables in action. (By the way the chairs laying around on the floor just get knocked around and are only there for visual fun.)

http://www.meleewizards.com/photos_dark%20vale.html
Well met!

Just 'cause I don't need it don't mean I don't like it! I'm trying desperately to limit my 'scapacizin' costing me any more money, as well as to limit my 'scapin' in general, by, among other things, limiting myself to the (not inconsiderable) terrain I already have. Of course, this belies everything I've just said.
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@kolakoski: Have you checked out any of my Adventure Packs(TM)? You can't get much cheaper than free! (It will cost you a little money for paper/cardstock/transparencies so I guess they're not exactly free, but very close.)

Cathedral & Graveyard

Factory Windows & Doors

Medieval Cottage

Medieval Hut

Sandbag Bunker

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles