Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old May 8th, 2011, 12:05 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh

I've recently gotten back into Yu-Gi-Oh with a friend of mine. We've made four decks so far, so I'd be curious to see what everyone thinks.

No name for this one, but mostly Dragon themed.
Spoiler Alert!

Warrior's Weapons
Spoiler Alert!

Pharoh's Tomb
Spoiler Alert!

Spellcaster Deck
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:40 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The decks look like a lot of fun, but they don't look very "competitive", but it seems like that doesn't really matter to you. The one problem I see is there are a lot of forbidden cards in the decks.

Spellcasters.

Change of Heart x2-Banned.
Monster Reborn x2-Limited to 1.
Witch of the Black Forest x1-Banned.
Tsukuyomi x1-Banned.

Warrior's Weapons.

Premature Burial x3-Banned.

Dragons.

Pot of Greed x1-Banned.

It's your choice whether or not you want to use these cards, but they are banned for a reason, and in my experience it is not much fun to go up against them.

Old May 8th, 2011, 09:47 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd be fine with taking out all the banned cards if they proved to make things dull, with the exeption of Premature Burial. As far as I can tell, it's basically a Monster Reborn that only affects your graveyard with a lifepoint cost, yet Monster Reborn is allowed (to a limit).

Thanks for the response though. And yeah, they're just for fun.
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:17 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Double post, sorry.

Last edited by Chardar; May 9th, 2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Are the Yu-Gi-Oh Championship video games any good? I've been thinking about buying the 2011 one coming out on Tuesday because it'd be cheaper than buying all the cards I wanted or needed.
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:11 PM

I can't recommend the games highly enough. I use them to test out decks before I spend money on cards for them. You'll spend a bit when you first buy the game, but you'll save a lot more on cards.

Old May 8th, 2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I'd be fine with taking out all the banned cards if they proved to make things dull, with the exeption of Premature Burial. As far as I can tell, it's basically a Monster Reborn that only affects your graveyard with a lifepoint cost, yet Monster Reborn is allowed (to a limit).

Thanks for the response though. And yeah, they're just for fun.
Premature Burial was banned because of an OTK with Tiger King Dewlorean that was popular in Japan, though it never really caught on here, so you're probably not going to have any issues with it.

Old May 8th, 2011, 11:47 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

I personally enjoy the games because they can give you a taste of competitive Yu-Gi-Oh, without shelling out 100s of dollars on the more expensive cards.
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotunit197 View Post
I personally enjoy the games because they can give you a taste of competitive Yu-Gi-Oh, without shelling out 100s of dollars on the more expensive cards.
The 2011 one will have Duality and Warning, so they will definitely be good at this.

Old May 10th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I picked up Championship 2011 today, and I'm either extremely terrible or the AI is just insanely smart. I got beat by one duelist about four times in a row. I was using a structure deck (which I know is never a good idea), then I got fed up and threw something together to beat him down with.

I like everything about it so far, except for the fact that it doesn't support WPA security.
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:58 PM

Generally the starter decks that they give are just really bad, so I would blame that more than your own skill level. I would recommend making your own deck as soon as possible. I played all the way through 2010 with an Ice Barrier deck.

Old May 15th, 2011, 03:19 PM

I'm (sort of) desperately looking for a pair of Elemental Hero Absolute Zeros. I'll trade Heroscape and/or YuGiOh for them. I know this is a tall order, but PM me if you're interested. Most of you already know what I have, but I'll look at want lists too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games