Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 23rd, 2020, 10:21 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Been awhile since gaming with others, but today I got together with a couple friends and we played Friedrich, which is a wargame in the 7 Years War era. Fun game.

Then we played Wingspan. My first time playing and I really enjoyed it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:16 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Played This War of Mine, Star Trek Ascendancy and Endeavor: Age of Sail today.

We lost This War of Mine after completing only one chapter out of three. The Klingons and Federation were tied for 5 ascendancy and the Klingons won the tie-breaker. I don't remember who won the last game - it was a long day.

Old August 24th, 2020, 03:03 PM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Just spent a Saturday playing the new fan campaign for Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare. This is Pacifica Campaign, based on the four major WWII Carrier battles of 1942 in the Pacific. I'd won all four the first time, and now after switching sides, I somehow did it again. Clean Sweep!

C&C Tricorne: Jacobite Rebellion will start shipping next week, and I'll be playing that soon.

For my thread/blog on BGG for the entire 11 game Commands & Colors Series, see here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread...rd-borg/page/1
Old September 13th, 2020, 09:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Played a three-player game of Forgotten Waters, the second scenario called Witch's Heart. We thought we were done for, both when the kraken attacked and when the megalodon attacked, but we survived and were in good shape by the half-way "save" point in the game.

We were hosed by the nemesis in one of the newer Aeon Flux games.

Edit: We also played D6: Dungeons, Dudes, Dames, Danger, Dice and Dragons!

Last edited by Taeblewalker; September 13th, 2020 at 10:29 PM.
Old September 16th, 2020, 01:57 AM

Brunaks knows what's in an order marker Brunaks knows what's in an order marker

Just got Wingspan last week and we love it so far. Seems like it will be a good gateway game for people as well. I really like the theme (as is evident by my peregrine falcon tattoo) and it's a very chill game to kick back and play when you don't want something too competitive. Can also be played single player with the Automa engine.
Old September 16th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
Just got Wingspan last week and we love it so far. Seems like it will be a good gateway game for people as well. I really like the theme (as is evident by my peregrine falcon tattoo) and it's a very chill game to kick back and play when you don't want something too competitive. Can also be played single player with the Automa engine.

I got to try Wingspan for the first time about a month ago at a friend's house. I really enjoyed it.

I believe the designer of that game has designed another one recently that has to do with the migration of butterflies. Its called Mariposas.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/aeg8...xoCs-QQAvD_BwE

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 16th, 2020, 06:00 PM

Brunaks knows what's in an order marker Brunaks knows what's in an order marker

Ah, I'll have to watch Tom Vassel's review on it! It's published by Alderac Entertainment Group which is promising as well. As for the desginer, Elizabeth Hargrave, I really enjoy her style and look forward to her future endeavors as her three current games all seem to be doing very well. Never considered a butterfly board game but between Kingsman Golden Circle and her design of Wingspan, I'd certainly give it a shot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games