Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 15th, 2017, 03:10 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Adventure Time with Deathwalker the robot & A3n the huma

Anyone in the mood for som THREAD NECROMANCY!?

I take full responsibility for this thread fizzling out, as my playtesting never took off (for various, boring reasons), and then I kind of forgot about it, but now I'm back into Heroscape with my daughter, and we're set for a Finn and Jake romp this weekend.
We did some fine work, and as I see it we're almost at the finish line with these.

Photobucket has upped their game (!) and now want a lot of money for image hosting, so no more of that I'm affraid. But below are some links to pictures of my rebased, and converted figures.
The Jake Suit is just a Finn figure, with new arms from a spare Clix figure, with the Jake parts modeled on in Green Stuff, a two component, self hardening modeling putty.

To sum up, sorry for dropping the ball on this, A3n, Want to pick it up again?

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3836378/jtspecial

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3836379/jtspecial

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3836380/jtspecial

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3836381/jtspecial
Old November 28th, 2017, 06:38 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

So I don't quite remember where we were on these, but I think the designs in the SP for Finn & Jake needed to be playtested. Does that sound (& look) correct?
Old November 29th, 2017, 04:46 AM

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yup, you're right. I'm in playtesting mode at the moment. Report(s) soon to follow...
Old November 29th, 2017, 08:11 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
Yup, you're right. I'm in playtesting mode at the moment. Report(s) soon to follow...
Old December 12th, 2017, 03:13 AM

After a few playtests...
The intricasies of their teamwork work fine. With the turn marker exchange from Slamacow, and the carry and Jake Suit, you really want to keep these two adjacent, which is easy enough, if your opponent doesn't have the ability to move you around.

Carry, with the first part of Shapeshifting is great for getting F&J into position at the start of the game, or for a tactital repositioning later, and the second part of Shapeshift is a bit more situational, but really fun and Jake-fluff-appropriate when it works. Like Grimnak trying to Chomp Jake, who then blows himself up to large/huge size.

Jake Suit is great, and the doubling of wounds, both taking them, is a reasonable tradeoff.

So far, so good...

Cheap Moves seem a bit overpowered, with a Jake Suited Finn easily killing figures of similar points value in one shot.
When Finn attacks, it's like the opponent gets doubly punished for a bad defense roll. Not only do they not get that many shields, but they also hand over their skulls.
After observing this problem, I did a test lineup, where Finn rutinely oneshot killed Mimring, Grimnak, Agent Carr, Sgt Drake and Deathwalker 9000, no sweat.

Maybe it could be changed to: When attacking with Finn, if your opponent rolls one or more skulls, add one skull to your attack roll, up to a maximum of six.

But I fear that even this change would be a bit much, the same double punishment, just to a lesser degree.

Maybe: "When attacking with Finn, if your opponent rolls no skulls/only shields and blanks on his defense roll, add one skull to your attack roll, up to a maximum of six."
This would still, thematically, be about exploiting a flaw in your opponents fighting style, ie a cheap move..

Or going in a different direction: "When attacking with Finn, you may choose wether to use the number of skulls or the number of shields rolled, as your attack roll." That's in Cheap Move territory too.

All in all, they are a fun combo, and apart from Cheap Moves, I think it works.
Old December 12th, 2017, 04:39 AM

Similar points value is not quite right though... A Jakesuited Finn is after all a combo of two 160-180 point figures. Maybe it's okay for that combo to kill Deathwalker 9000 more or less every time?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards