Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 28th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Mojo: Design Phase

MOJOVISION REALITY PROGRAMMING
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking with Mojo, if he is unengaged, you may choose up to two figures within 8 spaces of Mojo that are not in the same opponent's army and roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll 12 or higher, and the chosen figure is:
• a figure you control, you may take a turn with that figure;
• an opponent’s figure, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the chosen figure’s card; or
• a destructible object, the chosen figure and all figures adjacent to it each receive one wound.[/QUOTE]

Minor tweaks

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 29th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For the initial, you might consider dropping down to 6-8 heavy hitter tests and going up to at least 3 army tests.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 29th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for those minor tweaks Sir G, and that sounds like a good plan to me Bats.

Edit: I have updated his points. I'm thinking 210 is a good spot to start, and I have sent him out to the ERB.

C3G team building links.

Last edited by Red Eyed Jedi; January 29th, 2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A few ERB responses are in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
I think he's quite powerful. In a way he's a bit of a jacked-up Mentallo. He can take turns with two unique heroes instead of one - only instead of taking the turn with an opponent, he takes a turn away. And his roll is one point easier to hit.

Because of how potent and swingy that d20 is, I'm inclined to go straight for the cheese here:

200 Mojo
190 Sage (or Commander Rogers)
130 Braniac 5

Then fill in with another Legionnaire (maybe just Matter Eater, depending on points) to trigger 12th level intellect, and use Sage to shift OMs around (So Mojo gets +3, +2, +2 to the rolls on the 1st/2nd/3rd OM). I still have enough room for another big hitter and/or some defensive help.

Yeah, I'm feeling the cheese there for sure.
I don't play as competitive as dok, so I never saw this team coming. It would require about 700 points or so to set up, still be inside the space restrictions, and require making that 20 sided dice roll. Maybe increasing the dice roll a bit?

I dislike how a unit has to be tested, and priced with an optimal cheese set up, when me and probably others won't ever play them that way, but it is what it is. How does a 14 for the roll sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
Mojovision is interesting. I think for the last option, the destructible object, it should be worded like so:

• a destructible object, the chosen figure destructible object and all figures adjacent to it each receive one wound.

I realize that C3G precedent is to call a destructible object a "figure", but it really sounds weird to call it a DO in one clause and a figure in the next one.
I agree it does seem kinda weird, but that is just a verbiage issue and whichever way we want it, is fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Mojo

I can’t seem to get mine working.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Moving along…

Mojovision Reality Programming hosted by Jeff Probst
Since the two chosen figures can’t be in the same opponent’s army, I assume you could choose two figures from your own army for purposes of the first option.

The DO option would add an additional wound to the effects of Ruined Battlements and Evergreen Trees.

If you choose your figure and then an opponent’s figure, I imagine you’d take your figure’s turn first before removing the opponent’s OM (and would this need the word “immediate”?). This could be important if the opponent’s figure has a defensive ability that involves removing an unrevealed OM. Hmmm, then it would probably be smarter to choose the opponent’s figure before your own.

Expert Climbing
Vetted. The wording appears different than what’s listed on Scorpion’s card (for example), since it omits the height number and reference to taking falling damage.

Final Thoughts
Nice options for the Programming, though I’m curious if it’s included in the basic cable package.
Ya, it was my intention to try and MRP two of your own figures, Still gotta make that roll, twice, and be within those space restrictions.

Ya, with optional DO rules, some additional wounds will be dealt, if Ruined Battlements and/or Evergreen Trees are around. I should note Ruins and 18 wheelers can affect a bunch of units at once, if positioned poorly.

I imagine it would be the player who controls Mojo's choice, which figure is Programed first. The figure chosen first is attempted, and then that result occurs, (turn with your figure, OM removal, or DO and all adjacent take a wound, or nothing) then you attempt the roll for the 2nd figure, and that result occurs. I don't know if an "immediate" should be included or not, to get that result.

I overlooked the additional verbiage on Expert climbing, and will update the SP, with it.

Nope MRP is not included with basic cable, but for an extra $5 monthly you can get it and the Hypno-Toad channel. It's on special until the end of the month, so hurry and sign up.

C3G team building links.
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

If it was a concern for the "which activates first" thing, you could always try adding in some wording like:

Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking with Mojo, if he is unengaged, you may choose up to two figures within 8 spaces of Mojo that are not in the same opponent's army and roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll 12 or higher, and the chosen figure is:
• an opponent’s figure, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the chosen figure’s card; or
• a destructible object, the chosen figure and all figures adjacent to it each receive one wound.
You may choose which effect to activate first.
As to Sage/Rogers and Brainiac 5, I've personally stopped testing with them. It's annoying and kind of absurd that just a couple of units would force a design to be weakened significantly when most people don't even play that way. I've decided that either: 1) Sage/Rogers will eventually be reevaluated, or 2) the community will collectively (albeit probably not officially) decide that playing that combo is annoying and just not cool. Either way, not testing units with them is the right choice.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 30th, 2014, 08:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

fwiw, I think Sage/Rogers should probably be up next for reevaluation. That said, I don't mind nudging his D20 roll up a tad just be in line with Mentallo.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 31st, 2014, 06:55 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

I have updated with that "You may choose which effect to activate first" verbiage. thanks for the help Viegon. I have also increased, and updated his MRP roll to 13 to be more in line with Mentallo.

If there are no objections, I plan to move to Initial Phase tomorrow, and start testing.

C3G team building links.
Old February 1st, 2014, 12:48 AM

Works for me!

Old February 1st, 2014, 02:49 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Re: The Book of Mojo: Initial Phase

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Mojo

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass, With his Expert Climbing and MRP he feels like Mojo. He's always skittering back and trying to stay out of the fight.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass. When paired with the Rogues, it could lead to several turns if MRP works on Capt. Cold who deals damage with the Cold Gun SA, activating another Rogue. Possible 4 unit turn activation if everything works.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass, him and Mr. Terrific are good teammates

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass, he's tougher with DO's on the field.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Heck ya.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Sure.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass, His MRP to remove OM's works best during the beginning of the round. As the round advances it lessens the chance to remove an OM, so trying for that becomes less appealing.

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? He feels about 190 or so in these.
- Give a brief overview. Mojo does well in the HH tests, 4 wins 3 losses against opponents between 200 and 175. Several games could have went either way. He uses Expert Climbing to out position most of his enemies and keep height thru-out these games. He uses MRP a few times in each game when he can't get an attack in, and does decent with it, making the MRP roll about as often as he misses it.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? Not sure.
- Give a brief overview. He doesn't do well here. He does block one attack, and is blocked himself. Then is taken down next turn.
Map: Ravaged Road.
Units: VS hawkmen of Thanagar (x3 squaddies) @150
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? I'm thinking 165? Hard to say for sure though.
- Give a brief overview. He does much better in this one, almost winning the game. The slower moving Amazons try and Spear Volley, as they move together and up ladders, as Mojo shoots down on them taking one down almost each OM. They finally get to the top, win Initi and the game.
Map: Hydra Base Gehenna.
Units: VS Amazon Warrior (5 Squaddies) @166
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 210 feels to high, 200?
- Give a brief overview. Mojo never attacks in this one, always uses his MRP instead. Weather Wizard and his Blinding Rain allows to move away when engaged without risking LEA's. Dr. Fate and his Helm helps him make the MRP roll once. He is wounded by a Ruined Battlement, 2 from a Supernova, and Mr. Fantastic and a poor defense roll finishes him off. His MRP works almost half the time, removing OM's off of Mr. Fantastic, and giving activations to his teammates.
Unit Sum Up:
Damage:
none
Power Usage:

MRP used 18 times, was successful 8 times.

Map: Hydra Base Gehenna (all optional rules, no glyphs)
Units: Units: Team 1. Mojo (210) Dr. Fate (290) Wong, (90) Weather Wizard (100) Mirror Master (130) Red Hood (180) 1000 points
Team 2. Mr. Fantastic (235) Invisible Woman (215) Human Torch, (225) Thing (325) 1000 points

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 210 seems low after this one, 200?
- Give a brief overview. Mojo never attacks, choosing to use his MRP instead. He removes an OM leading to a loss of a turn for the Agents, and giving activations to his teammates who use the turn to get in attacks. He is wounded multiple ways, a LEA, an Evergreen falls on him, Cap and his Shield throw deals 2 and the Agents finish him off. His Expert Climbing allows him to get into position easier, but his MRP fails more often than it works.

Unit Sum Up:
Damage:
None
Power Usage:

MRP used 8 times, was successful 3 times.

Map: Ravaged Road (all optional rules, no glyphs)
Units: Units: Team 1. Mojo (210) Captain America (C3G) (240) Bucky (60) War Machine, (270) Doctor Octopus, (215) 995 points
Team 2. Nick Fury (220) Shield Agents (x3) (330) Hawkeye, (150) Spider Woman (210) Dum Dum Dugan, (90) 1000 points

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? Tested at 190, which seems fine.
- Give a brief overview. Mojo again forsakes his attack going for MRP instead. He makes the roll almost as often as he fails it in this one. Mr. Terrific and his T-Spheres allows him to deal several wounds to the Crew, who make their D20 roll very often. He is wounded by a falling Great Evergreen, Thunderball deals a wound, then finishes him off.

Unit Sum Up:
Damage:
none
Power Usage
:
MRP used 18 times, was successful 8 times.

Map: Ravaged Road, (all optional rules, no glyphs).
Units: Team 1 Mojo (190) Sandman (210) Mister Terrific (160) Winter Soldier, (240) 800 points
Team 2. Wrecker, (230) Thunderball, (190) Piledriver, (190) Bulldozer, (190). 800 points

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? Tested at 190, which feels about right after this one.
- Give a brief overview. Mojo uses his normal attack once only in this one, when a LEA could KO him. He makes the roll more often than he fails it in this one as well. He takes wounds from a LEA, an attack by Cage, who later finishes him off, A whiff by Cage deals 3 to him making this one look a bit closer than it could have been.

Unit Sum Up:
Damage:
none
Power Usage

MRP used 14 times, successful 8 times.

Map: Hydra Base Gehenna (all optional rules, no glyphs)
Units: Team 1. Mojo, (190) Captain Cold, (90) Captain Boomerang, (90) Heat Wave, (110) Mirror Master, (130) Trickster, (65) Weather Wizard, (100) S.W.A.T. Assaulter (25) 800 points
Team 2. Luke Cage, (190) Human Torch, (Jim) (150) Swordsman, (160) Spiderman, (250) Atom, (50) 800 points

Spoiler Alert!

Final thoughts:
Mojo plays very thematic. He always tries to get others to do his dirty work, while he stays in the back. Ruins the opponents plans by removing OM's and uses the field (DO's) to his advantage.

His defense/life holds up pretty decent, for a unit that doesn't like to be in the action. His Expert Climbing allows him to move into position and out of danger very well, almost as good as flying.

His MRP feels thematic, sometimes activating 2 teammates, removing an OM, or dealing wounds. Several units require an OM to be revealed on them, to use their abilities and/or extra turns such as sidekicks. So sometimes it would be better to place the OM on them. He does offer flex-ability though, when those units are close to being destroyed, or when uncertain where the best place for an OM to be placed at initiative. When both MRP rolls fail though it is a wasted OM, however it usually worked once each time it was used in my tests though.

His cost at 210 feels high to me, 200 wouldn't be bad, but I'd prefer 190 as his best ability (MRP) works once per use, which isn't overly powerful.

C3G team building links.

Last edited by Red Eyed Jedi; February 7th, 2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Stick a fork in it...it's done
Old February 1st, 2014, 10:31 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Just finished the first army test, and I plan to post it when the others are complete.

During that game, I noticed the way it's worded you can't attempt to MRP the same figure in your own army. I would like to change the wording of MRP so that you can.

Here's my attempt:

After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking with Mojo, if he is unengaged, you may choose a figure within 8 spaces of Mojo and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, and the chosen figure is:
• a destructible object, the chosen figure and all figures adjacent to it each receive one wound.
When Mojo uses Mojovison Reality Programming he may use it one additional time. He may only choose an opponent's figure once.

C3G team building links.
Old February 1st, 2014, 11:24 PM

That works. It will definitely keep opponents from wanting to spread their Order Markers around, though!

Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:00 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Good point, I still want MRP to only remove one OM from an opponent per Mojo activation. How about this:

When Mojo uses Mojovison Reality Programming he may use it one additional time. He may not choose more than one figure an opponent controls.

C3G team building links.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library