Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Torin Pre-Release Discussion

Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart
Re: Torin Pre-Release Discussion

Torin with the Phantom Knights could be a big hit to the Stingers, I can see a lot of great uses for Torin, and he's pretty solid in his own right.

In the games I play I don't really see his Battle Axe getting all that much use, as his Attacks per order marker are bottom of the barrel, but he's a very good defensive unit for 120
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:36 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, he's pretty utilitarian. Not getting me real excited. I wish his evil eye helped non-utgar, because he would be my new Samurai warlord in a heartbeat.

BUT! This guy moving forward with the PKs...man that is scary. 7 defense ranged counterstrike. Niiice.

Torin - 120
PK x 3 - 330
Drake 2 - 500

Drake kills big guys, Torin protects PKs and kills tough small guys, PKs fly around all ghostie like and do...something. Meh, it just sounds fun.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:38 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

He could be an even more effective deterrent for ranged attacks than the Nakita...too bad he's for Utgar. Another case of an exception made to the precedent. Who had the first cyclops? Einar. Now Utgar has one. So is every faction going to get one--like the dragons?
The other precedent was undead--the first went to Vydar as Sudema was revealed...the next ones went to Utgar. Utgar is such a copycat.

"Vydar has undead?! Oh, I want some! Einar has a cyclops? Me too!"

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

PKs are so range-resistant already that the marginal benefit Torin gives them is relatively small. Plus they move quickly, so Torin is just an anchor on their advance.

I'd say the most obvious figure to use him with, actually, is stingers themselves. Ranged figures have a much easier time taking advantage of adjacency bonuses from non-bonding heroes.

80 Raelin RotV
120 Torin
300 Stingers x5
500, 18 hexes

Obvious, but good.

Arrow Gruts also work nicely. And if you want to go sort of wacky, he's the best buddy the Zettian Guards have ever seen. He basically makes them immune to normal ranged attacks, and very few special attacks outrange them.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:50 PM

Cratos is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

With 4 attacks of 4, no one wants to be adjacent to a Hydra, with 6 defense and this guy beside them no one will want to attack the hydra from range either.

Pick your poison!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool fig and abilities! Good thing he is unique...

Newb.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:54 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos View Post
With 4 attacks of 4, no one wants to be adjacent to a Hydra, with 6 defense and this guy beside them no one will want to attack the hydra from range either.

Pick your poison!
Sorry-- small or medium figures only. I thought the same thing at first.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM

Cratos is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Good catch Johnny. I'll have to remember it when my kids try to pull it on me.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:07 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
PKs are so range-resistant already that the marginal benefit Torin gives them is relatively small. Plus they move quickly, so Torin is just an anchor on their advance.

I'd say the most obvious figure to use him with, actually, is stingers themselves. Ranged figures have a much easier time taking advantage of adjacency bonuses from non-bonding heroes.

80 Raelin RotV
120 Torin
300 Stingers x5
500, 18 hexes

Obvious, but good.

Arrow Gruts also work nicely. And if you want to go sort of wacky, he's the best buddy the Zettian Guards have ever seen. He basically makes them immune to normal ranged attacks, and very few special attacks outrange them.
Good point, he wouldn't work as anything more than a one turn stopping point for melee units.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

When you usually play all melee, this guy doesn't scare you much.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:13 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I kind of like the Zettian Guard idea. That's going to be the first one I try.

Torin-120
ZG-190
Stingersx2-310
Ratsx2-390
Sylvaris-490
Filler-500-40

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units