Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 11th, 2015, 10:11 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Rygarn

I just spent 3 rounds chasing Rygarn around the map with Arashara Goshiri and some Legos before he finally missed Temporal Jump. I'm liking Rygarn, he seems to have a lot of appilcations to a lot of different armies.
Old December 30th, 2016, 02:05 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Ran Rygarn in a mixed Ullar army - to help with OM decisions:

Warriors of Ashra x3 ... 150
Aubrien Archers x3 ... 360
Arkmer ... 410
Rygarn ... 500

This gave me a little flexibility two switch between Range and Melee as the game progressed. If I needed a little more melee screen I could bounce the Ashra forward, if I wanted a little more range or another chance for frenzy, then the Aubriens.

It was a nice balance. Just keep 1 of each back in your start zone or within 6 of Rygarn, and you're good.

My first game, the Archers were on a roll with 6 out of 13 frenzies, so they were dominating.

My second game, I needed the Warriors to step up and a few swaps of OM2 were helpful in gaining a victory.

Arkmer could be swapped out for another squad of Warriors but he was also a nice clean-up figure.
Old January 26th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The United Fanscape Rules Team has another R&C to add to the OP:

Quote:
Q: If Shurrak attacks Rygarn, which happens first: Knockback or Temporal Jump?
A: Temporal Jump.
Since Temporal Jump is a power that can impact whether or not Rygarn is destroyed, it should be treated like other powers with this characteristic (e.g. Stealth Armor, Cell Divide, Sacred Band Defy Death, etc). As was discussed in "The Book of Shurrak" thread, assuming Shurrak is still alive after defense dice are rolled, roll for powers which can affect whether a unit might be destroyed before rolling for Knockback. This means that Rygarn can be knocked back even after a successful Temporal Jump. This also applies to any powers which are similar to Knockback, such as Augamo's Ramming.
Old January 24th, 2018, 03:35 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Just a heads up, @Ninja Status , but there's a Power Ranking in the main thread that could be added to the book here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Rygarn- Boosts the efficiency of many armies before he dies, and does solid endgame work after that. A-
Also, since he has a Tricky personality, he can help Otonashi with her movement boost.

Last edited by Astroking112; January 24th, 2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Added a tag to the OP.
Old December 28th, 2020, 07:42 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Rygarn has a two additional minis outside of The Citadel box. First is called Troll Gunner #064, #065, #066 from the Mage Knight Sinister set.

Second mini is Amotep Norda #112 from the Mage Knight Sinister set.
Old January 7th, 2022, 12:55 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Repost since it prtains to Rygarn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post

Quote:
Q: When a unit that has or had an Order Marker dies, does the Lion of Punjab deactivate?
A: Yes.
When a unit that has/had an OM dies, the Lion of Punjab power becomes deactivated.
I really had a problem with this for a while because it seems to conflict with Rygarn’s ruling for his own Chrono-Key power

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Book of Rygarn View Post

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Quote:
Q: Can you use Chrono-Key to move an order marker from a card whose figures have all been destroyed to a different card?
A: Yes. An army card whose figures have all been destroyed is still in your army.
So I did some research to try to articulate my case that one of these rulings is incorrect. Then I ran across this, and spotted the difference in the wording of their powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
From the Official FAQ:
Quote:
- VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS : Army With Valiant and Non-Valiant Units
If my non-Valiant figures are destroyed, and only Valiant figures are left on the battlefield, can the 4th Massachusetts Line use their Valiant Army Defense Bonus?
Yes. (Hasbro FAQ)
This ruling tell us that "you control" only includes figures on the battlefield, while "in your army" includes all army cards in your army.
Ranjit's Lion of Punjab power is a "Army Cards you control" power while Rygarn's Chrono-Key power is an "Army Card in your army" power.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs