Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 24th, 2010, 03:20 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker
Re: Collection Guide 2: Quantities (Updated with D1)

My take on D2:
Golem and Wyrmlings 3-5 as it seems best to have mostly one kind in your army
Veterans of the Last War 2-4 can't see anyone feilding more than 2 of the Uncommons but Warforged do well any where between 2 and 4 sets
Ogre and Goblins 3-5? any more than one Ogre is no good but the swarming Goblins need At Least 3 to be effective

Just my

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:35 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, wave D2 is a bit of a head scratcher. All the uncommon heroes are rather high point cost, and they way they are designed I really cant see having more than one per 500ish point army. However, the Goblins need lots to be effective (though the Warhulk is not something you will want lots of)

The warforged set probably will be around 2-3. Wymrlings maybe also around 2-4. Two of any kind of wyrmling gets you started and you can mix and match. 4 of one kind seems to be reasonable limit.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I finally figured out how much D2 I want to get so I thought I would post the list to in hopes it might help you figure out how many of each to put on the list.

Golem and Wrymlings 4-6, depending on how big of a Wrymling army core you want. I liked the idea of having more of one Wrymling then the others, and with this many packs, you have alot of options when making a Wrymling core army. Also when counter drafting, it could help to have some of these as they make a good tank and SA soak.

Ogre and Goblins 4-5 The simple fact that the Goblin Cutters are like the Zombies means you want a horde of them. I could even see bumping up the number of packs since unlike the Zombies, you only get 1 squad per pack.

Veterans of the last war 2-3 If your getting them for the Warforged, then I could see going with up to 2 more packs. My main reason for getting this pack is the Werewolf Lord. Even though I don't think I would ever run more then to Lords in a build, I don't like running less then 3x a squad so I added a pack for another squad of the Warforged.

Well hope that helps you a little bit with how many to add to the list. I generally try for the max number of packs that you list unless it's for something I really don't see myself playing, then I generally knock 1-2 packs off. Also if you don't hurry up, you'll be behind when D3 comes out
Old September 25th, 2010, 01:46 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright,

Doing the D2 Update. There has been enough time since these units have been out to play test them a bit and see what people are saying about them.

Other than the D2 addition I have cleaned up a few more typoes and grammer mistakes.

I have tweaked the Minutemen and Wolves from wave 2. This one I wasn't compelety happy with, and there was enough feedback on this thread to warrant a change. Here is the update, the changes are in blue.

Minute Men and Wolves: 3-4 (was 3-5 orginally)
Consists of the 4th Massachusetts Line and the Anubian Wolves. The 4th are often considered the best common range squad in the game and will likely be the driving motivation for purchasing this booster pack. Four squads of the 4th create a very strong core to any army, just add a strong hero or support unit and you got a competitive army. Six squads of the 4th Massachusetts line is essentialy a strong army just by itself, though slightly on the extreme side and you do not need six squads to enjoy this unit. The Wolves are usually great fun to play and almost always make a game that much more interesting.

Edit:Just noticed this thread got stickied. Thats pretty cool, first thread I ever started that ever got stickied on any forum. Thanks for props guys.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Last edited by Toad Rocket; September 25th, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old September 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM

And here is the D2 Updates. Also can be found on first page.

Golem and Wyrmlings:2-4
Consists of the Iron Golem and the Red,Blue,Black and White Wyrmlings. The Iron Golem is the uncommon hero for this pack. Very solid unit, can easily justify having two of these units in this army. The Wyrmlings are baby dragons mimmiking there older versions. They are all common heroes and have the unique ability to bond with each other creating two unit team. Two packs gives you a total of eight of these baby dragons which allows you to mix and match your army up fairly effectively. However, going up to four packs allows you to focus on one type of wyrmiling to really focus on its abilities.

Orgre and Goblins :2-5
Consists of the Ogre Warhulk and the Goblin Cutters. The Ogre Warhulk is the uncommon hero of this pack. He is a fairly powerful unit, however because of his point cost and his abilities I do not see many reasons why you would ever take more than one in a normal army. The Goblin cutters is a four person squad that relies on numbers to be effective. They are swarm army and just start to become functional with two squads. If you go with goblins you will want a decent swarm of them to really display their effectiveness.

Veterans of the Last War:2-3
Consists of the Werewolf Lord and the Mindflayer Mastermind, both which are uncommon heroes. Also includes the Warforged Soldiers. All these units are pretty cool and have some very unique abilities not seen before in Heroscape. Both Uncommon heroes are likely not needed in multiples. The Warforged Soldiers are a fairly high point cost three man squad. They are tougher than your average gorrilla and will function pretty good in smaller numbers.

Good Trades I have had.

Old October 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Time to update for D3, toad rocket.

My picks:
Bugbears and Orcs: 3-5 (max for Death Chasers of Thesk)
Advocates of Annihilation: 4-6 (max for two 2-unit squads)
Icewind Scourge: 1-2 (max for Ice Troll to bond with arrow gruts)
Heroes of Fallcrest: 1 (uniques)
Old October 31st, 2010, 08:25 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Time to update for D3, toad rocket.

My picks:
Bugbears and Orcs: 3-5 (max for Death Chasers of Thesk)
Advocates of Annihilation: 4-6 (max for two 2-unit squads)
Icewind Scourge: 1-2 (max for Ice Troll to bond with arrow gruts)
Heroes of Fallcrest: 1 (uniques)
I would agree with all of this except for AoA (which is actually Valkrill's Legions, but whatever) I would think a minimalist would be able to get value out of only 3 packs. I would put it at 3-5

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:21 PM

Well, it looks like I will only have to update for wave D3 and that may be the last real update of this thread. (barring any surprising change to who holds the rights to HS).

After reviewing the numbers of everything else I will likely up the goblin cutters pack from 2-5 to 3-5 packs. Two squads of goblins really isnt enough to fully enjoy this squad. Three makes them alot more fun and gives the horde feel much better. I was orginally loathe to bring up to three because I cannot think of any reason why you would want 3 Warhulks other than a special dungeon crawl scenario.

As for Wave D3
The easy one is the Icewind Scourge needing only one or two packs because they are uncommon heroes, with two packs just for the Ice Troll.

Other two packs I am still debating.

Good Trades I have had.

Old January 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Just curious, now that most of us have had these figures for a couple of months, do you have any new thoughts on the quantities for D3? The estimates I've seen so far have looked good, though I did wind up with an extra of the uncommons pack, I can't really see using 3 of any of those, except maybe the ice troll in a huge map/high points battle.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Just curious, now that most of us have had these figures for a couple of months, do you have any new thoughts on the quantities for D3? The estimates I've seen so far have looked good, though I did wind up with an extra of the uncommons pack, I can't really see using 3 of any of those, except maybe the ice troll in a huge map/high points battle.

Yes I do. However, the horrible Lazysaurus Rex has taken ahold of me.

I suppose I should put my thoughts down in writing pretty soon and wrap this up.

Good Trades I have had.

Old February 21st, 2011, 12:40 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post

Yes I do. However, the horrible Lazysaurus Rex has taken ahold of me.

I suppose I should put my thoughts down in writing pretty soon and wrap this up.
Hmmm, been a while. That Lazysaurus still hanging around? I can go get charos after him, that should at least keep him away from you, right?

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In wave 1 it's Snipers and Vipers not Vipers and Snipers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units