Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Grok Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Or, you could just realize that the Groks aren't MEANT to utilize the move all the time. They let Ne-Gok-Sa go up first, and then they use the full extent of their move to catch up very quickly. The Romans are probably better (at this point), but only slightly - Zelrig completely dominates a Roman army, no questions asked.
Agreed, Bloody. I envision the Groks skirmishing on one side of the board, and jumping over to protect the Warlord if needed. This is all Theoryscape, though, as I have only one set and haven't actually played with them yet.

In general though, it seems like the cavalry squads are a little weak for their price. But at least they're Braxis proof. I guess.

Old September 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM

manger has disabled reputation

In response to Bloody's argument, this is just common sense... Obviously squad destroyers such as Zeilrig and Braxas will destroy the Romans to greater effect than the Grok Riders because of their size. In this situation I could see drafting the Grok Riders over the Romans. But still, How good of a counter draft are the Grok Riders to squad destroying dragons? In the example that you have given, I would probably still not draft the Groks as the Groks are just slightly less useless than the Romans. In this example, I would go with something else entirely, or just move in Valgard and hide the Romans behind ruins etc.
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

At 600 points, this army seems pretty decent:

Groks X2 260
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Romans x2 100
Marcus 100
Marro Warriors 50

Not a ton of range, but an army that can close fairly quickly and maybe make your opponents range moot.

-insert signature here-
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:04 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by manger View Post
In response to Bloody's argument, this is just common sense... Obviously squad destroyers such as Zeilrig and Braxas will destroy the Romans to greater effect than the Grok Riders because of their size. In this situation I could see drafting the Grok Riders over the Romans. But still, How good of a counter draft are the Grok Riders to squad destroying dragons? In the example that you have given, I would probably still not draft the Groks as the Groks are just slightly less useless than the Romans. In this example, I would go with something else entirely, or just move in Valgard and hide the Romans behind ruins etc.
As to this, you still haven't responded to the "You shouldn't use ALL of your move" argument, but I won't make such a big deal out of that.
As to how they can beat an army heavy in Dragons, I can see them doing fairly well as long as Zelrig doesn't get out first. Move up Ne-Gok-Sa, engage Zelrig, and then whip him to death. The dragons will have trouble piercing Ne-Gok-Sa's defense if they don't have Nilfheim, and even then, Ice Shard breath convienently has exactly the same range as Ne-Gok-Sa's move number, so you can engage easily and then whip him. I would draft someone else, but the Groks have a CHANCE while the Romans really don't. As to the ruin argument, the Groks can do that too, if I recall correctly - they fit behind the Ruins too. Granted, they take up more room, but that just means that only one Grok is going to be vulnerable versus all of them, which is still a better survival rate. It's mostly theoryscape, as I haven't faced a Dragon army with them yet, but I'll probably do it soon to test it out.
In any case, I still stand by the fact that the Groks are more efficient with Ne-Gok-Sa but less efficient than the Romans overall at this point.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:27 PM

s_l_i_m_e_r Woo who?

can the groks get double attack bonus if their target is engaged with both of the warlords?
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:35 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_l_i_m_e_r View Post
can the groks get double attack bonus if their target is engaged with both of the warlords?

I'm thinking not, but the card doesn't seem too suggest either way. Good question. I'm going to take a guess in that the use of the word 'any' instead of 'each' implies that regardless of how many Marro Warlords they are adjacent too, you only get the bonus once.

-insert signature here-
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:40 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No, I wouldn't think so. The qualifier is "next to any Warlord" meaning if it is next to a Warlord, then you get the extra dice. If it's next to two Warlords, it's still just next to one.

If it were meant to stack, I think it would say "Grok riders add 2 to their attack dice for every Warlord you control that is adjacent to the figure you are attacking..."

Old September 20th, 2008, 09:52 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_l_i_m_e_r View Post

That would be interesting. I don't think the cost would have to go up a whole lot for that because I think, as of now anyway, it would be kinda hard to get both Warlords next to the same figure and still be able to attack it with Riders.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

The wording is just like the wording for Marro Plague (Marrden Hounds):

Marro Plague : Blah blah blah you must roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to any Marrden Hound you control.

Translation: If the figure is adjacent to 2 Marrden Hounds, you still only roll once to see if he is Plagued. If he is adjacent to 5 Marrden Hounds, you still just roll once. If he is adjacent to 50 Marrden Hounds, he might not be Plagued, but he is royally buggered.

So as much as I might wish it were otherwise, MotW only has the potential to grant 2 extra Attack dice. I'll add it to the Book.

Old September 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

If that's the case, I've been playing the Marrden Hounds wrong....

I played it that, if one figure is adjacent to two different Marrden Hounds, the Hounds got to roll Plague twice on that figure. Hmmm.... I never really questioned that rule. I'll go ask it (and check) the Hounds' book.

EDIT: Yep, that ruling is here. Well, slap me thrice and hand me to me momma...

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:05 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

Groks X2 260
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Romans x2 100
Marcus 100
Marro Warriors 50

Not a ton of range, but an army that can close fairly quickly and maybe make your opponents range moot.
I am thinking about using the Groks and NGS for NHSD (my first official tourny!). Instead of the Romans, are there any other characters to work in conjunction (not necessarily synergy) with the Groks to make a more effective army, especially ranged figures?

ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old September 23rd, 2008, 04:29 AM

FADE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

Groks X2 260
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Romans x2 100
Marcus 100
Marro Warriors 50

I am thinking about using the Groks and NGS for NHSD (my first official tourny!). Instead of the Romans, are there any other characters to work in conjunction (not necessarily synergy) with the Groks to make a more effective army, especially ranged figures?

ET86

Think about swapping warriors for MBS, you lose the four squad range and only gain one range guy. But if you have the romans and the groks you'd have some crazy bonding criss cross going on.

Me talking to my friend in lecture:
"Grimnak will eat your head" - Me
"What" - Him
"He's a orc who rides a T-Rex"
"WHAT!" - Him

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units