Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old October 29th, 2015, 05:17 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wal•Mart Exclusive Edition

The voices in my head are now at war-

Voice That Wants More Terrain- "Go buy it right NOW!!!"

Voice of reason- "No you don't need it...yet"

Looks interesting

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 29th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
Once we see the expansion and how squad building works, this could become a lot more attractive.
How so? We already know that all units in the master set are Unique, so you can't use them in multiples in an army...
Old October 29th, 2015, 06:25 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Once you get foils, you can't go back to not wanting foils.
I dunno... I've had foil cards. I'm not a fan. I like my cards easier to read.

Agreed. Also, I'm not a big fan of how my foiled CCG cards have a tendency to warp/curve over time.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 29th, 2015, 10:31 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Jon b over at BGG opened his today:

Quote:
Includes:
Bonus battlefield scenario
5 premium foil-enchanted cards
8 bonus sand tiles
2 bonus glyphs

. . .
Sand tiles (1x 7hex)(2x 3hex)(2x 2hex)(3x 1hex).
Old October 30th, 2015, 12:05 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Eh,

Not a big enough fan of any of the Planeswalker's art in this set to really care about foils, especially since I'm pretty sure only Nissa (and maybe Chandra) would really pop as foils. Certain cards just look sweeter as foils than others, for example: I have a foil Firemane Avenger which looks absolutely sick, but loads of other foils that are cool but nothing amazing because they don't have anything for the foil to really bring out. Theros was probably the best block for foils IMOO, anything Nix related was at least semi-sick as a foil.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old October 30th, 2015, 09:29 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Once we see the expansion and how squad building works, this could become a lot more attractive.
How so? We already know that all units in the master set are Unique, so you can't use them in multiples in an army...
I hadn't heard that. Was holding out hope that they were common squads. Seems very short-sighted and gives little incentive for us to buy it again.....At least for RotV there was a boatload of terrain that made it worthwhile.
Old October 30th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
I hadn't heard that. Was holding out hope that they were common squads. Seems very short-sighted and gives little incentive for us to buy it again.....At least for RotV there was a boatload of terrain that made it worthwhile.
Imagine trying to pitch the idea of selling a Board game to a bunch of Board Game executives and saying that people will buy multiple copies. It is a really weird idea.

It seems people on this site are the exception to rule in purchasing ALL THE STUFF. I imagine Hasbro/Wizards goal is to get as many units in as many different homes as possible. Selling 100 to 100 people is actually better business than selling 10 to 10 due to scale. If one person in each group gets sick of the game, cannot afford expansions, or you know dies, the first group is fine, with the second group is busted.

To be honest, I'm surprised at the expansion commitment (Jan and Fall 2016) and the Wal-mart exclusive. It shows real optimism about the product success.

Commons actually can be a road-block to casual gamers. Imagine if most of the Reviews said something like "Good Game, but you need to buy multiple copies to get the most out of it". That could kill your mass market appeal.

Remember based on marketing and distribution, AotP is competing with board games like RISK, CLUE and CATAN, not Warhammer.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:51 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Hmm, I still have an unopened second copy from Target. Guess I'm returning that one to go grab one of these baited master sets from WalMart. The bonus scenario would be my main reason for getting it.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; November 3rd, 2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 01:59 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I wish they made an exclusive one with figures painted as the bonus, I'd pay $5-10 more for that. But for someone who does not have any Heroscape or an AotP set already, this set would be good to use the extra terrain to make some decent maps and would be worth $5 extra for them, even though the same price.

Not sure if I'd buy this one. Only reason to would be to do deck building with doubles of some cards, or maybe use a set of figures for the eventual Heroscape version of the cards, maybe with commons. I do need some more 1-hex terrain to make custom jungle, but I'd be better off buying terrain online as singles.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 09:53 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Here is the included scenario:

Old November 4th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Height. The answer is always height.

~Aldin, Napoleonically

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 4th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Height makes right!?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News