Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Exclamation DVD Drive not working.

Hey all, so the DVD drive on my laptop is not working. I can put a disc in, and close it, and the little green light blinks, but my computer won't recognize that there's a disk in there. Is this a fixable problem? Thanks.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 26th, 2013, 04:45 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: DVD Drive not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Hey all, so the DVD drive on my laptop is not working. I can put a disc in, and close it, and the little green light blinks, but my computer won't recognize that there's a disk in there. Is this a fixable problem? Thanks.
What kind of laptop is it? I can maybe help if you tell me the Model Number.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:50 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
It's an ancient(2001) Dell 8100 Inspiron that I picked up for cheap. I'm wondering now if it doesn't have a DVD drive? (It recognizes CD's, but not DVDs)

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 27th, 2013, 09:03 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
It's an ancient(2001) Dell 8100 Inspiron that I picked up for cheap. I'm wondering now if it doesn't have a DVD drive? (It recognizes CD's, but not DVDs)
So this laptop does have a dvd drive. So that means there's a problem with it or the dvd. First, can you see the dvd drive in your my computer? If not you may have a virus as that can cause that at times. Otherwise if that doesn't work, try another dvd. If those don't work, it might be a problem with the drive's internal parts or the computer and I don't know that much about that so I can't help you there.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General