Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old July 31st, 2018, 09:26 AM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I subtracted the bit about Mysterion not being affected, because Mysterion isn't within 3 spaces of himself (you'd have to specify it affects him if you want it to) and I also wasn't clear thematically on why he's not affected at 3 life but is at 2 or 1? Is this thematically important?
I think danthem's trying to capture the dynamic that's just barely visible in the corner of the picture he used - when Mysterion's helmet gets cracked, the gas gets in. It will need some slightly different language. Probably a clause like "If there is at least one Wound Marker on this card, Mysterion is affected by this special power.".

I think it's worth having a version of that in there. The guy's kind of a dope who bought the rights to be "Mysterion" without realizing something was up.
Old July 31st, 2018, 09:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gotcha. Yeah I think the if-wounded type of language you have there helps communicate that theme (though knowing that about his helmet does as well!).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 31st, 2018, 09:41 AM

danthem knows what's in an order marker danthem knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the awesome formatting and design advice Batman! I will absolutely adopt the formatting changes.

To answer your questions about mastermind's trap:
Removed order markers are returned (spent) to Mysterion's card.

The bomb should be removed when triggered (detonated) in any way, this is a wording error on my part!

I agree that 2/4/6 undefendable dice is rough. Perhaps it should be 1/2/3 hits (not dice?) This theoretically doesn't change average damage, but reduces potential. Personally, I like the idea of a huge bomb dealing massive (but completely avoidable) damage! I would be willing to change this if in playtesting it proves am issue (perhaps this would also justify a cost reduction).

The bomb should hit with a radius of one, with some height restriction (maybe around 8?).

You are intended to only be able to lay one trap per turn, and the order marker being placed on the second trap marker is to designate on which turn the bomb detonates (in case you have multiple on Mysterion). It is to prevent attempting to cheese out a hit without the full planning necessary!

The fact that mastermind's trap is automatically activated by him being targeted and dodging is actually intended to be a form of counterplay, giving a way to remove the bomb before heading into it's radius to attack! This is intended to be Mysterion panicking and impulsively setting off his bomb earlier than planned!

Blinding Gas is intended to affect Mysterion after he takes damage because his helmet breaks, making him susceptible to his own trap! It's meant to add some comedy to the character, and some nice flavor, but might make him a bit logistically difficult to keep up with. Willing to remove if it proves troublesome.

Thanks again for the feedback!

P.S. I love the idea for the name of smoke screen - I'll be taking it as inspiration at the very least (maybe panicked Dodge?)

Last edited by danthem; July 31st, 2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old July 31st, 2018, 10:37 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Panicked Dodge makes sense, yeah. Or maybe EXPLOSIVE EXIT?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 31st, 2018, 10:55 AM

OK, taking a shot at a revision of this based on your comments and what we've put together so far!

I lowered his base Defense to 3 to match original Mysterio. No reason for him to defend better than Mysterio, IMO. If anything, some of his stats might be dropped a tad, as his basic thing seems to be hide and bomb or get hit and fail.

Name = MYSTERION
Species = HUMAN
Uniqueness = UNIQUE HERO
Class = CRIMINAL or IMPOSTER
Personality = DECEPTIVE
Size/height = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3 (4?)

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

Points = ?

EXPLOSIVE TRAPS
Start the game with one Explosive Trap Glyph and one purple Hidden Trap Marker. After Order Markers have been placed at the start of a round, you may place one unrevealed Order Marker on this card on top of the Hidden Trap Marker and place an Explosive Trap Glyph from this card on any empty space within 4 spaces of Mysterion. When the Order Marker on the Hidden Trap Marker is revealed, if Mysterion's Explosive Trap Glyph is Symbol Side up on the battlefield, flip it to Power Side up, and add X to each instance of damage done by the Explosive Trap Glyph, where X is the number on this Order Marker.

PANICKED DODGE or EXPLOSIVE EXIT
If Mysterion is attacked by an enemy figure and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, Mysterium takes no damage, and, if Mysterion's Explosive Trap Glyph is Symbol Side up on the battlefield, flip it to Power Side up.

BLINDING GAS
All figures within 3 spaces of Mysterion subtract 3 from their Range number, to a minimum of 1. If Mysterion has one or more wounds, he is also affected by this special power.

NAME = EXPLOSIVE TRAP
(summary of power) = Damaging Trap

TYPE OF GLYPH = TEMPORARY
POWER TEXT
= When this glyph is flipped Power Side up, each figure within 1 space of this glyph receives one automatic wound.

The idea here is that if he intentionally triggers it, it can do more damage (i.e. adding based on Order Markers) but if it's triggered otherwise, it's less effective. Not sure if that's ideal or not, but I think going Glyph is the way to go here.

Old July 31st, 2018, 01:05 PM

I love the flavor of Explosive Exit!

I'm thinking now that perhaps he can only roll to avoid damage if he has an explosive of some sort on the board (making him weak to focus fire, and vulnerable without any bombs), as he's using their explosion as a distraction to make his get-away! This also would allow him to keep a very high dodge chance, as initially intended.

Last edited by danthem; July 31st, 2018 at 01:08 PM. Reason: No reason
Old July 31st, 2018, 01:14 PM

That's a cool idea. You could just make it an auto-effect if he has an explosive on the board and nix the roll. Since he can only place them once per round, he won't be overpowered.

Old July 31st, 2018, 01:15 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthem View Post

I'm thinking now that perhaps he can only roll to avoid damage if he has an explosive of some sort on the board (making him weak to focus fire, and vulnerable without any bombs), as he's using their explosion as a distraction to make his get-away!
The theme makes sense but mechanically that would be a bit off. If his explosion actively isn't going off, an opponent's isn't going to just high-tail and run away from Mysterio.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 31st, 2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:

I'm thinking now that perhaps he can only roll to avoid damage if he has an explosive of some sort on the board (making him weak to focus fire, and vulnerable without any bombs), as he's using their explosion as a distraction to make his get-away!
The theme makes sense but mechanically that would be a bit off. If his explosion actively isn't going off, an opponent's isn't going to just high-tail and run away from Mysterio.
Youre saying for the dud bombs? It makes sense that they would have volume and other effects to seem like real bombs until the moment they engulf you! Although this isn't the real Mysterio, he does have all of mysterio's high tech equipment!

I'm thinking that he may also be able to shift when he dodges (similar to isamu from the base game), although I may be guilty of throwing too many abilities onto this one villain!
Old July 31st, 2018, 02:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My Designs

Marvel Designs
DC Designs
Indy Designs

Last edited by MrNobody; February 20th, 2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old July 31st, 2018, 02:30 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:

Youre saying for the dud bombs? It makes sense that they would have volume and other effects to seem like real bombs until the moment they engulf you! Although this isn't the real Mysterio, he does have all of mysterio's high tech equipment!

I'm thinking that he may also be able to shift when he dodges (similar to isamu from the base game), although I may be guilty of throwing too many abilities onto this one villain!
What I mean is that the bomb simply being there wouldn't magically allow him to be able to use his distracting gas. I don't think an opponent would look away at a bomb they already know is there to let Mysterio get away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Okay here goes nothing!

Robotman
Spoiler Alert!

Crazy Jane
Spoiler Alert!

Does anybody have a better idea for class than misfit? I think it fits really well thematically, but there are a few misfits out there already. I have ideas for other Doom Patrollers but most of those are half-finished.
Awesome stuff MrNobody! I love Robotman! He can be built up over time. I presume the point is for him to come back after dying. I don't know the character, but what if he had to be constructed in the first place? It would take time to get him into play but he would come with high stats for his point cost because of it.

Jane is nice too. A shifting personality concept is awesome and plays off of the changing marker idea from a few other designs we've released. More comments from me later.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 31st, 2018, 02:39 PM

Maybe Patrolman for a class? They are the Doom Patrol after all?

Or, heck, maybe "DOOMED" for a class, as in "member of the doomed"?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project