Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 2nd, 2018, 02:14 PM

Heroscaper 101 is surprisingly tart
Lightbulb Heroscaper 101's bestiary

I might need some support to make it a great thread. My first thread was started in the sub-forum Misc Projects Forum. This is my second thread, first one in main forum section. If you want to my sub-thread for what idea I have for a custom unit check there.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; May 19th, 2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 04:47 PM

Cool Re: Heroscaper 101's customs

Hope you enjoy my first idea for a custom unit. The abilities of this custom is a work in progress. A visitor from the North pole and he checked his list twice. You might know the name, "Santa" and he had his milk & cookies. I want to bring another with the carry ability.

The first Santa ability is called, "Santa's Blessing" to call a ride for transport.

Before moving, roll the 20-sided dice to summon the sleigh for massive transport.

If you roll a 1-5, nothing happens.

If you roll a 6-12, you can transport 2 small, medium figures, or 1 large figure that you control.

If you roll a 13-19, you can transport 3 small, medium figures, or 2 large figures that you control.

If you roll a 20, you can transport 4 small, medium figures, 3 large figures, or 1 huge non-flying figure you control.

The next Santa ability consists of his lists:

Naughty List: Special/Attack 1
If a unit out there has coal on their card, add 1 auto-attack wound that ignores all defenses. Coal is given to an army card that damaged Santa. Santa may benefit from the naughty list special.

Nice List: Special/Defense 1
If a unit is attacked by a normal attack and is in 8 clear sight spaces of Santa that unit gets a 1 shield special defense to receive 1 wound, and roll a single dice for 2 shields to negate all wounds. Santa may benefit from the nice list special. You can only benefit from the special defense if a special attack hits.

The sleigh of Santa is coming up. His sleigh has to be huge to carry more passengers. You can benefit from the sleigh abilities, if it is summoned. It is a idea of my to have a custom unit that can transport more than 1 figure. Now onto the sleigh abilities, and they are great.

First ability of the sleigh is called, "Extra capacity" to carry units

Extra Capacity
You may transport more than 1 figure at a time, depends if Santa gets a good roll.

There are two more abilities for the sleigh.

Carry
Before moving Santa, choose any friendly figure you control, place the chosen figures adjacent to Santa after being transported, depends if Santa gets a good roll.

This will be the final ability of the big red sleigh.

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Santa movement, ignore elevations. Santa may fly over water, or obstacles. There is no leaving engagement attacks, depends if Santa gets a good roll.

I did some tweaking to the abilities hope you like them. You may have some advice before finalizing this custom project. It is something new to have another unit that can carry units in heroscape. Hope I fixed all the problems Santa had before the fix. If anyone has any good advice for the custom figure, that would be fine.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; April 30th, 2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 11:44 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Idea for Custom Units

See the Christmas Customs Contest from 2011 and click on the polls to see all the entries. These came in 1st and second:

Old February 3rd, 2018, 12:42 AM

Question Re: Heroscaper 101's customs

Thanks for the information, it is very helpful. What sort of Santa personality this unit has, and which army faction the unit belongs to. His abilities can make him a good support figure, what do you think of the abilities. This custom unit is still a work in progress. Have any advice for this Santa custom unit.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; April 30th, 2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old February 4th, 2018, 11:45 AM

Thumbs up Re: Heroscaper 101's customs

Going to do some tweaks to Santa abilities. His Naughty List and Nice List abilities that seem overpowered. The first ability to get fixed the Naughty List special power. After that fix, the next ability is the Nice List special power. I will get a start on tweaking abilities, right now.

Naughty List: Special
If the attacking figure has coal on their army card, which they got from attacking Santa. After rolling attack dice, and if you didn't get the desired amount of skulls. You can activate this special by rolling the 20-sided die. Santa may benefit from the naughty list special.

• If you roll a 1, take the coal marker off.
  • If you roll a 2-19, you can deal only 1 wound of damage that ignores all defensive powers.
  • If you roll a 20, you can deal 2 wounds of damage that ignores all defensive powers.

Nice List: Special
If you didn't get the desired shield roll and in 8 clear sight spaces of Santa, roll the 20-sided die. Santa may benefit from the nice list special.

• If you roll a 1, destroy the figure.
  • If you roll a 2-19, get a defense that bypasses any offensive power, but still take 1 wound of damage.
  • If you roll a 20, get a defense that bypasses any offensive power, and ignore all wounds of damage.
I do hope you like these changes, things will be easier by being a little fair. These changes to Santa's abilities, might be a good thing. His special abilities are less overpowered, and makes more sense. It can be activated after rolling dice normally. You might get more than what you bargained, if you tangled with Santa.

P.S. What army faction, species, class, & personality, you think of from reading his specials, cannot wait for your thoughts.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; April 30th, 2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old February 5th, 2018, 06:46 AM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Idea for Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post

The first Santa ability is called, "Santa's Blessing" to call a ride for transport.

Before moving, roll the 20-sided dice to summon the sleigh for massive transport.

If you roll a 1-5, nothing happens.

If you roll a 6-12, you can transport 2 small, medium figures, or 1 large figure that you control.

If you roll a 13-19, you can transport 3 small, medium figures, or 2 large figures that you control.

If you roll a 20, you can transport 4 small, medium figures, 3 large figures, or 1 huge non-flying figure you control.

The next Santa ability consists of his lists:

Naughty List: Special/Attack 1
If a unit out there has coal on their card, add 1 auto-attack wound that ignores all defenses. Coal is given to an army card that damaged Santa. Santa may benefit from the naughty list special.

Nice List: Special/Defense 1
If a unit is attacked by a normal attack and is in 8 clear sight spaces of Santa that unit gets a 1 shield special defense to receive 1 wound, and roll a single dice for 2 shields to negate all wounds. Santa may benefit from the nice list special. You can only benefit from the special defense if a special attack hits.

The sleigh of Santa is coming up. His sleigh has to be huge to carry more passengers. You can benefit from the sleigh abilities, if it is summoned. It is a idea of my to have a custom unit that can transport more than 1 figure. Now onto the sleigh abilities, and they are great.

First ability of the sleigh is called, "Extra capacity" to carry units

Extra Capacity
You may transport more than 1 figure at a time, depends if Santa gets a good roll.

There are two more abilities for the sleigh.

Carry
Before moving Santa, choose any friendly figure you control, place the chosen figures adjacent to Santa after being transported, depends if Santa gets a good roll.

This will be the final ability of the big red sleigh.

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Santa movement, ignore elevations. Santa may fly over water, or obstacles. There is no leaving engagement attacks, depends if Santa gets a good roll.

I did some tweaking to the abilities hope you like them. You may have some advice before finalizing this custom project. It is something new to have another unit that can carry units in heroscape. Hope I fixed all the problems Santa had before the fix. If anyone has any good advice for the custom figure, that would be fine.
First ability should actually be linked to the sleigh not to the Jolly One himself. I get your trying to have him summon the sleigh but for me that should be part of the sleigh in a consistent movement to Santa each time.
I like the idea of the coal (black markers - maybe a maximum of three). Cool name for the ability but I think it still needs fleshed out a little. Possibly at the end of a round roll the D20 and then; remove marker, roll one die for damage (no defense), roll 2 die for damage (no defense). Just a thought.

Nice list should probably be auto shields for friendly figures adjacent or within a range.

Santa, to me would be in Ullar, a Saint, and Jolly.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; February 5th, 2018 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Keep the cutoms coming.
Old February 5th, 2018, 06:38 PM

Re: Heroscaper 101's customs

Santa

Santa's Blessing:
At the start of Santa's turn roll the 20-sided die for transport. This special power can activate only 1 time per round. If the roll is good, you get more abilities. If this special power is activated Santa is invulnerable to all damage, but Santa cannot attack.
  • If you roll a 1-12, nothing happens.
  • If you roll a 13-14, you get the Carry ability for transport normally.
  • If you roll a 15-16, get the Carry, and Extra Capacity abilities to transport 2 small, or medium figures that you control.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; April 30th, 2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old February 5th, 2018, 07:57 PM

Smile Re: Heroscaper 101's customs

Santa

Santa's Blessing:
At the start of Santa's turn roll the 20-sided die to summon transport. This special power can activate only 1 time per round. If the roll is good, you get more abilities. If this special power is activated Santa is invulnerable to all damage, but Santa cannot attack. Santa keeps the sleigh transport roll until the end of the round.
  • If you roll a 1-11, nothing happens.
  • If you roll a 12-13, you get the Carry ability for normal transport.
  • If you roll a 14-15, get the Carry, and Extra Capacity abilities to transport 2 small, or medium figures that you control.
  • If you roll a 16-17, get the Carry, and Extra Capacity abilities to transport 3 small, or medium figures you control, you can exchange 3 small, or medium figures for 1 large figure you control.
  • If you roll a 18-19, get the Carry, Extra Capacity, and Move +9 abilities to transport 3 small, or medium figures you control, you can exchange 3 small, or medium figures for 1 large figure you control.
  • If you roll a 20, get the Carry, Extra Capacity, and Move +9 abilities, along with the flying ability to transport 4 small, medium figures you control, you can exchange 4 small, or medium figures for 2 large figures you control. Santa cannot be targeted until the end of the round if the sleigh was summoned.
Naughty List: Special
If the army card has coal which they received from attacking Santa. They will get an auto-wound, and 1 less defense die to the roll. Santa can receive only 1 wound from damage, Santa cannot be killed by special powers. Coal is removed at the end of the round.

Nice List: Special
If Santa didn't call his sleigh, he can heal any figure you control by rolling 20-sided die for the 1st passive of the Nice List ability is active. Any unit you control is in 4 clear sight spaces of Santa get a 1 shield defense that will not exceed more than 1 wound, if the sleigh was summoned. If the figure is adjacent to Santa they cannot be targeted. If the sleigh was summoned, the 2nd passive of the Nice List ability is active.
  • If you roll a 1-15, remove 1 wound.
  • If you roll a 16-19, remove 2 wounds.
  • If you roll a 20, remove all wounds.
Santa stats: Life 7, Move 9, Range 3, Attack 4, Defense 4, Size Medium 5, Faction=Jandar, Unique Hero, Class=Saint, Personality=Jolly, Points 190

Santa's Sleigh

Carry:
Before moving Santa,choose any friendly figure you control, place the figure/s adjacent to Santa after being transported, depends if Santa gets a good roll.

Extra Capacity:
You may transport more than 1 figure you control, depends if Santa gets a good roll.

Move +9:
This ability adds +9 movement to Santa's regular move. It all depends if Santa gets a good roll.

Old February 9th, 2018, 02:43 AM

Question Re: Heroscaper 101's customs

I have a idea for a custom unit with the copy ability. What faction, species, class, and personality, should this unit be. He will the unique ability called, "Mimicry". This is a idea that is a work in progress. If you have any opinions about this custom.

P.S. What do you think of this guy

Old February 9th, 2018, 02:14 PM

Smile Re: Heroscaper 101's customs

His 1st ability is, Mimicry-Utility: Special, you can copy a ability that does not involve attack, or defense die, and you can copy the ability from all figures that follow Utgar and Valkrill. The 2nd ability is, Mimicry-Offensive: Special, you can copy a ability that involves attack die, or involves inflicting wound damage, all figures that follow Utgar and Valkrill, those factions are the only ones you can use the copy ability on. The last ability is, Mimicry-Defensive: Special, you can copy a defensive ability from all figures that follow Utgar and Valkrill. This is a unique idea that I have for a custom unit. I hope that this is a original idea that I have for a unique custom unit.

P.S. What are your thoughts about this guy, faction/species/class/personality

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; April 30th, 2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old February 10th, 2018, 10:35 PM

Thumbs up Re: Heroscaper 101's customs

The first ability of this custom unit is called, "Mimicry-Utility", and you can copy a ability from all figures that follow Utgar, Valkrill, or Jandar. His next ability is called, "Mimicry-Offensive", is a ability that copies a special power from all figures that follow Utgar, Aquilla, or Ullar. This will be the final ability for this custom unit call, "Mimicry-Defensive", is a special power where you can copy a ability from all figures that follow Utgar, Einar, or Vydar. After you copied a special power, follow the same rules on the army card that you copied the ability from. A marker can be placed on the army card where you copied the ability from.

P.S. What are your thoughts about this guy, faction/species/class/personality

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; April 30th, 2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old February 14th, 2018, 08:14 PM

Thumbs up Re: Idea for Custom Units

Valkron

Mimicry-Utility: Special
After initiative has been rolled, you may copy a special power that does not involve inflicting damage. All figures that follow Utgar, Valkrill, or Jandar
can have their special power copied. The copied special follows the same rules as on the army card. You get a reset to the copy ability when the round ends.

Mimicry-Offensive: Special
After initiative has been rolled, you may copy a special power that involves damage. All figures that follow Utgar, Aquilla, or Ullar can have their special power copied. The copied special follows the same rules as on the army card. You get a reset to the copy ability when the round ends.

Mimicry-Defensive: Special
After initiative has been rolled, you may copy a special power that involves defense. All figures that follow Utgar, Vydar, or Einar can have their special power copied. The copied special follows the same rules as on the army card. You get a reset to the copy ability when the round ends.

Valkron stats: Life 9, Move 8, Range 1, Attack 2, Defense 7, Size=Large 7, Faction=Utgar, Unique Hero, Class=Beast, Personality=Ferocious, Points 225

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; February 27th, 2018 at 03:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards