Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Not being a college football fan at all (HATE THE BOWL SYSTEM) it seems wrong not to have any NFL on New Year's Day.

-insert signature here-
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:36 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Not being a college football fan at all (HATE THE BOWL SYSTEM) it seems wrong not to have any NFL on New Year's Day.
Speaking of faulty systems, why does the NFL have people vote during the season and not untill the last game? I am no fan of college football either. Of course I have no allegiance to a school or team since I never went to a major university.
Old January 1st, 2009, 06:25 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
How many number one picks can a team pile up and still stink up the league?
Do you speak of the Lions? They haven't had a #1 overall pick since 1980...

~Aldin, who thinks the Bungles probably do the best job of screwing up with #1 picks
I could of swore they...WOW, yeah Aldin I just checked and Bill Sims was their last first overall pick. The good thing is I did not taste anything funny on my foot. The way they have been playing led me to assume.
The Lions haven't had a #1 overall in a while, but they have had quite a few top 10 picks. And most of them are no longer on the team (the only ones left are Calvin Johnson and Ernie Simms - and he went too high)

The Lions have #1 this year, and they have a pick from Dallas (somewhere around 18-20). That should let them get a couple of good players, but here in Michigan, we have no confidence that the Lions will use them well. And even if they draft perfectly (fat chance of that), there are so many holes in the team that it will take years to be competitive. The Lions will NOT be a quick turn-around like Atlanta or Miami this year.

What is frustrating is that Bill Parcells will likely be available soon (he can get out of his contract if the Dolphins are sold). I don't know if he'd be right for Detroit, but the Lions won't even take a shot at him. They looked at all the success of the last 8 years (sarcasm on full) and promoted from within rather than searching for a new GM. Even if the newly promoted GM and Team President are great, it sends the message that Lions management is business as usual. I think that will really limit the proven head coaches that will come here - many want some hand in team / personnel management, and they won't get that here in Detroit.

I'm hopefull for the new year, but I'm not very optimistic.
Old January 1st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I could NOT agree with you more, Nyys. Well-said, I feel the same exact way. I loathe College FB and find it insanely boring and unimportant. I also hate the retarded Bowl system...
Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:30 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The BCS system brings in a lot of money. That's what it boils down to. I'd much rather see the teams settle it on the field than have the stupid voting, but like it or not, the BCS is here to stay for a while at least.

Also, I wanted to bring something up. There have been 8 division winners in the NFL this year, but only 5 head coach Gatorade baths. Why, you ask? I think it's because those teams have reached their goals. I only know of 3 teams that haven't celebrated winning their division, the Steelers, the Giants, and the Panthers. My money would be on one of them to go all the way.

Strange logic, I know. Then again, I went 2 for 8 on my division winner picks. Yech.

Last edited by Soul Shackle; January 2nd, 2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:03 AM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Nevermind.

Last edited by Gomolka; January 2nd, 2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Didn't know how the pool worked.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 08:58 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
Quote:
I could NOT agree with you more, Nyys. Well-said, I feel the same exact way. I loathe College FB and find it insanely boring and unimportant. I also hate the retarded Bowl system...
I was having this conversation with my Dad yesterday. As much as it stings when it happens against you, but the Bowl System never allows for the Cindarella team. Sure you still have to be good to get into the post season, but there's a difference between being good and just good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
The BCS system brings in a lot of money. That's what it boils down to. I'd much rather see the teams settle it on the field than have the stupid voting, but like it or not, the BCS is here to stay for a while at least.
Yep, and that's the only reason it hasn't changed. $$$$$

-insert signature here-
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:47 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

I screwed up the last bracket. I forgot to include that the No.1 seed always plays the lowest placed seed in each round. Therefore, I made some changes, and have changed my picks.

Wild Card Round
AFC
Baltimore over Miami
Indianapolis over San Diego
NFC
Atlanta over Arizona
Philadelphia over Minnesota

Divisonal
AFC
Tennessee over Baltimore
Indianapolis over Pittsburgh
NFC
NYG over Philadelphia
Carolina over Atlanta

Conference
AFC
Indianapolis over Tennessee
NFC
NYG over Carolina

Super Bowl XLII
NYG over Indianapolis
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:53 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ravens all the way baby!!!!!!!!!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:11 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Titans OVER Panthers for superbowl.

Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM

Even though my Pats somehow missed the playoffs at 11-5, I still find myself very excited about tonight's games. Not sure you can say that about any other sport.

Baseball will always be my #1, but when the Red Sox aren't included my interest drops drastically. Not so with football.

-insert signature here-
Old January 3rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

My picks using Gomolka's format:

Wild Card Round

AFC

Baltimore over Miami
Indianapolis over San Diego

NFC
Atlanta over Arizona
Minnesota over Philadelphia

Divisonal

AFC
Baltimore over Tennessee
Pittsburgh over Indianapolis

NFC
NYG over Vikings
Carolina over Atlanta

Conference

AFC
Pittsburgh over Baltimore

NFC
NYG over Carolina

Super Bowl XLII

Pittsburgh over NYG (this is assuming that Big Ben stays healthy this far)

Last edited by Wytefang; January 3rd, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV