Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 31st, 2008, 01:15 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sports: NFL

Wytefang, I just have a problem securing any confidence in quarterbacks with no postseason experience. Look what Big Ben did as a rookie - he won like 14 regular season games in a row, and then in the playoffs, he was terrible. It just seems to happen that way.

I have the same issue with Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan, but Ryan has a sick running game to help him out. Flacco has a crazy defense to help his situation, but then I'd have to pick ALL the road teams to win this weekend, and that can't happen... can it?

Fun fact you all may not know: Jake Delhomme still has the highest postseason passer rating of all time.
Old December 31st, 2008, 10:03 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

nyys' round 1 predictions:

Colts squeek by chargers Chargers with another win that was given away by the opposition by poor decisions down the stretch (better to be lucky than good sometimes).

Ravens crush the Dolphins. Close game for a half (6-3), then the Ravens finally get in the end zone and follow that up with a defensive TD on Miami's next possession. The Dolphins crumble from there and Baltimore cruises.

Falcons defeat the Cards. Arizona has played absolutely horrible football down the stretch, and there's no button you can press that turns things around when you decide you need to play football now.

Hottest team in the NFL, Philadelphia, takes care of the playoff choking Vikings. McNabb is on cruise control, and has been a different player since being benched earlier in the season.

Yep, I did it... all road teams baby! The least likely to happen IMO is the ATL/AZ game (I have no idea what to expect from the Falcons now that it really counts).

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; December 31st, 2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old December 31st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Wytefang, I just have a problem securing any confidence in quarterbacks with no postseason experience.

I have the same issue with Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan, but Ryan has a sick running game to help him out.
And Minnesota doesn't?? :P
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:47 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

NYYS forgets the San Diego Super Chargers has the Baby Ponies and Tony Dungees number. We have dialed it in the last two or three seasons and came out winners. Lots of great games though and a little luck thrown in. I still want to see Payton cry.
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:04 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I want to see Payton cry more than anyone, but ever since Indy's horrid start they seem to get every bounce and poor opposition's decision to go their way. Sometimes a team gets hot with their own luck... dispicable when it's not your own.

-insert signature here-
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:45 PM

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I want to see Payton cry more than anyone, but ever since Indy's horrid start they seem to get every bounce and poor opposition's decision to go their way. Sometimes a team gets hot with their own luck... dispicable when it's not your own.
No kidding. I do not think the officials like the Chargers much either...Any way, I seriously hope you are wrong about the Colts. I am semi confident in the Bolts since their recent hot streak and the complete thrashing of the Broncos. Time will tell NYYS, time will tell. This core team is still destined for a superbowl win. I refuse to let them Dan Marino into the sunset!
Old December 31st, 2008, 10:03 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Wytefang, I just have a problem securing any confidence in quarterbacks with no postseason experience.

I have the same issue with Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan, but Ryan has a sick running game to help him out.
And Minnesota doesn't?? :P
Yes, good point, though Ryan has looked good all year. I'm starting to confuse myself here.

I'll still take the Eagles, though.

EDIT: LOL @ "Dan Marino into the sunset." Have another green card, my friend.
Old January 1st, 2009, 04:30 AM

ChudMacGud is surprisingly tart

...How about them Lions?

Forget this. Grab an instrument; let's go jam out.
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChudMacGud View Post
...How about them Lions?
Oh, they got the most coveted award in the NFL. And to celebrate, they fired the coach.
Old January 1st, 2009, 12:34 PM

How many number one picks can a team pile up and still stink up the league?
Old January 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Do you speak of the Lions? They haven't had a #1 overall pick since 1980...

~Aldin, who thinks the Bungles probably do the best job of screwing up with #1 picks

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Do you speak of the Lions? They haven't had a #1 overall pick since 1980...

~Aldin, who thinks the Bungles probably do the best job of screwing up with #1 picks
I could of swore they...WOW, yeah Aldin I just checked and Bill Sims was their last first overall pick. The good thing is I did not taste anything funny on my foot. The way they have been playing led me to assume.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV