Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 1st, 2014, 08:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Talking revised

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:43 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Trex's Custom Cards

Very cool! I like your Delta Squad.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 06:36 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ion blaster special on your delta squad cards should specify normal attacks otherwise you could roll an additional die with the grenade launcher when attacking droids.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old August 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The reason I did not specify is because special attacks can not have additional attack die added unless specified on the special power. That is my understanding on the issue. anybody?
Old August 3rd, 2014, 07:47 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The general understanding for powers is "do what the card says, not what it doesn't say." And the way your powers are written now could confuse people. I'd put it in there just in case.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old August 3rd, 2014, 09:32 PM
"like" happy

I fixed it up in the Grenade launcher special attack, so i could keep the ion blaster ability the same on all my cards. Thanks for the feedback William 099.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM
the above

You are welcome.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old August 4th, 2014, 12:08 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hobgoblin Sergeants
Lacking flight and with lower defense, I would say that they are discount Minions but their bonding alone makes them worth-while. Slaughter could probably be cleaned up a bit word-wise but it gives them a small bonus against heroes, although I'm not sure how much it matters with their deadly strike. Only being able to bond with relentless Goblin or Hobgoblin heroes seems to be a little more narrow than it needs to be? How many of those heroes will there be, and would it be that big of a deal if they bond with one that isn't relentless? Their relentless personality and soldier class are both relevant as well. I like them.

Cho'gal
Smash and smash again. This guy has a solid anti-squad ability with Bloodlust and a cool anti-hero ability with Pummel, potentially chaining the between the two if you get very lucky. Given that he is an ogre, might I recommend that you make both of these powers a "must" to fit into the downside aspect of his bretheren? He is otherwise cool and seems to be at about a fair cost and fine option to party with the Death Chasers.

Zonaji
I'm sensing an anti-hero trend with your customs. I would think this is a regenerating D&D troll so I'm a little surprised to see that power absent, but there are clearly other types of trolls out there. I'm also surprised that that is a throwing axe, but it plays nicely into his Blood Tracking power. Disengage means that he has a good chance of taking advantage of that power against a hero. His last power is more thematic than anything, but it is always nice to have when that terrain type comes up. As a solo hero, I'm not quite sure if he's worth his points with his stats, but he still seems fun in a dungeon crawl scenario at the very least.

Hobgolbin Archer
I was about to say that this is an under-costed and solid bonding option for your Sergeants but then I saw the last power. Comparing them to the Omnicron Snipers, you can assemble and effective squad of 3 for less than half the points. What you lose in range you make up for in movement and disengage. Their relentless personality is further relevant from a relatively cheap attack bonus that they can gain from Khosumet. Even being heroes provides them with certain advantages and resistances not shared by squads. As is, I'd think that these guys would need to cost at least 15-20 points more.

Grum'esh
Now that is a solid hero. He's reminiscent of Migol Ironwill for me. Blademaster Tactics is a cool counterstrike variant that is made pretty threatening by his potent attack.

Frostsaber Wolf

That guy has got some pair of hands on him. Given that this is an uncommon hero with 2 life, I'm not positive about his pricing. He'll do little on his own, but the equation shifts when you consider him as a cheap, potentially multi-attacking, bonding option for the Wolves of Bardu. Given their relatively high cost, he may be fine as is.

Scal'mad
You aren't shy of the apostrophe when it comes to naming, are you? Now this is a guy that I'm really surprised to see does not regenerate. He begs for a troll army, but keeping such a hodge-podge together would be very expensive and very order-marker intensive. He can potentially have a very high attack bonus, but it will be a challenge to draft and keep enough trolls together to really take advantage of it. The Cleaver Special Attack is very interesting, acting as a Blood Hungry sort of attack but where you keep your roll. I'd imagine that he can just blow away an area with a lucky roll, assuming that he has the targets. His retribution is a nice boon, but that may just mean that he is targeted first. Again, unless you have some sort of troll squad (which would make him absurdly powerful), it is a hard power to truly take advantage of.

Seshungu
I'm a little confused by Power shot. Do you mean that they count for an additional hit? Impaling bolt is cool, but it can be a little strange after the first. Like cleaver, it rewards good rolls. It is also strange to have it on a normal attack. What happens if he shoots a figure he has height on and kills, but they're adjacent to one he does not have height on? Does he keep the same roll? What if he kills an adjacent figure with his Power Shot and impales one that he is not adjacent to. 80 points may be okay for him in any case, there are just some questions about his power. Dragon Armor is otherwise a nice thematic power.

Boulderfist Warrior
Your Death Chasers have no shortage of bonding options. Another solid hero with an anti-squad swing and a little extra pain for heroes. He's a nice alternative to the Ogre Brute if you're worried about that Lumbering Bully hurting himself.

Overall cool heroes. Thanks for sharing.
Old August 4th, 2014, 12:20 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Ion blaster special on your delta squad cards should specify normal attacks otherwise you could roll an additional die with the grenade launcher when attacking droids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The reason I did not specify is because special attacks can not have additional attack die added unless specified on the special power. That is my understanding on the issue. anybody?
Strictly speaking, TREX is correct - plenty of official cards (Taelord and Concan for example) add dice to attacks without specifying that it's limited to normal attacks because the rule that special attacks are never modified is implicit.
Old August 5th, 2014, 12:37 AM
"like" happy

Thanks for the feedback Ixe, I had to fix the Hobgoblin seargents bonding for one reason, His name is Kurrok the elementalist. I did not want him to get double bonding type powers, that would be a bit much. The trolls, I have quite a few more customs of them, they kinda help out the feral trolls, because they are always getting pounded by guys like DW8000. I will post more cards soon, I have a ton of them. Sherman thanks for the clarification on the special power rules. I am determined to play scape 100% right. on the flip side it is better to not have any confusion, so i clarified on that card. Thanks again all who check out my stuff. One day soon i will figure out how to make my threads neater.
Old August 5th, 2014, 11:11 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Right, I had forgotten that Kurrok was a Hobgoblin. You'd still need to reveal an Order Marker on him to take turns with the elementals, although being able to move him and respawn elementals while taking turns with a squad is probably too much to ask for. Good call there.
Old August 27th, 2014, 08:30 PM
"like" happy

Re: Trex's Custom Cards Updated 8-27-14 NEW STAR WARS CARDS

All of the star wars cards I have posted have been playtested, some have been tweaked a little bit. I designed them to be compatible with the beloved HOSS cards. I am thinking of posting all of my Street Fighter Card Designs for all of the Streetfighter heroclix I have. Has anybody considered those before. Also I will be posting some more classic scape cards soon. Valkrill Flag Bearer, Necromancer, and such.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards