Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 26th, 2018, 10:35 AM

Noziroh is surprisingly tart
Re: Astroking112's Custom Units [Update 6/2/18]

@Astroking112 I agree, I remember looking through that post and thinking that sculpt was definitely the best looking. For now I’ll just use an AotP Pummelroot as a proxy. Overgrowth and By The Roots are so creative, I can’t wait to try him out this weekend!
Old June 26th, 2018, 11:34 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Cool Re: Astroking112's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noziroh View Post
@Astroking112 Arboris is so cool!!! Do you know the name of the figure? I have to have it!
I'm actually not sure, but @Dr.Goomonkey might know. I love the sculpt, but if I remember correctly, pretty much all of the minis used in the Springtime Custom Contest were pretty rare.

I'm hoping to get Arboris inducted into the SoV at some point, so I was waiting to see if a more widely available sculpt would come along for him (or if I would need to change anything when C3V releases what might be an Ent/Tree faction). It pains me a little bit, because I think his current sculpt looks awesome.
The Spring figures were, sadly, all pretty rare. Arboris is an Oak Warrior from Mage Knight, and last I checked online he was nowhere to be found. Fortunately, the Summertime figure is readily available!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old June 26th, 2018, 12:36 PM

Guys I found him!!! Check out eBay! There’s 8 of them left of #22 and 5 left of #23. I just ordered a #22 the color seems a tad lighter than the #23.
Old June 26th, 2018, 12:48 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astroking112's Custom Units

Quote:
@Astroking112 I agree, I remember looking through that post and thinking that sculpt was definitely the best looking. For now I’ll just use an AotP Pummelroot as a proxy. Overgrowth and By The Roots are so creative, I can’t wait to try him out this weekend!
That's a great proxy to use in the meantime! I actually think that I'll do the same when testing him until I settle on a sculpt acceptable for SoV. I'm honored that you're so excited to use him; please let me know how he fares!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Quote:
Quote:
@Astroking112 Arboris is so cool!!! Do you know the name of the figure? I have to have it!
I'm actually not sure, but @Dr.Goomonkey might know. I love the sculpt, but if I remember correctly, pretty much all of the minis used in the Springtime Custom Contest were pretty rare.

I'm hoping to get Arboris inducted into the SoV at some point, so I was waiting to see if a more widely available sculpt would come along for him (or if I would need to change anything when C3V releases what might be an Ent/Tree faction). It pains me a little bit, because I think his current sculpt looks awesome.
The Spring figures were, sadly, all pretty rare. Arboris is an Oak Warrior from Mage Knight, and last I checked online he was nowhere to be found. Fortunately, the Summertime figure is readily available!
Thanks for the info! I do see a couple of those sculpts on eBay, but it's far too rare to be acceptable for SoV. It's a pity, because I think that the sculpt looks awesome and would be a perfect fit for Arboris.

I was wondering if the more widespread availability of the Tanuki for the current contest was inspired by how hard many of those Ents were to find.
Old June 26th, 2018, 12:55 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

So to destroy Arboris with 3 overgrowth markers you basically have to wound him more than 3 times in one round, or some kind of instant d20 destroy power, right? What green markers do you intend would be use for his card?

Old June 26th, 2018, 12:59 PM

Re: Astroking112's Custom Units

Quote:
I was wondering if the more widespread availability of the Tanuki for the current contest was inspired by how hard many of those Ents were to find.
Yup that wouldn’t surprise me, I’ve been sifting through everything C3V and was relieved how easily I found the Tanuki
Old June 26th, 2018, 01:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Guys I found him!!! Check out eBay! There’s 8 of them left of #22 and 5 left of #23. I just ordered a #22 the color seems a tad lighter than the #23.
I'm glad that you managed to get your hands on the sculpt! I think it's definitely one of the coolest ones out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
So to destroy Arboris with 3 overgrowth markers you basically have to wound him more than 3 times in one round, or some kind of instant d20 destroy power, right? What green markers do you intend would be use for his card?
Correct. Arboris should fall very quickly to squads, but in the clean-up stages of the game, there will be far fewer figures left on the board to deal multiple attacks to him per turn.

It is worth noting that even if you only wound him 2 or 3 times in one round, though, he's only going to get 1 marker back for the next one, and each lost marker also costs him a defense die. Once he starts losing his markers, he's going to lose them all pretty quickly if not protected.

For the actual Overgrowth markers, repainted wound markers work fine. Honestly, I'm probably just going to reuse my purple Experience markers from the Tagawa Samurai for Arboris, but I think that the card seems more official with a color call-out, and green makes the most sense to me.
Old June 26th, 2018, 01:28 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

I really should make an order marker mold and cast a bunch of random colors for just this purpose

Old June 26th, 2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
I really should make an order marker mold and cast a bunch of random colors for just this purpose
I have absolutely no experience making or using molds, but it sounds like one for wound markers would be pretty sweet to get differently-colored markers like this. I'm also the kind of person that tries to get everyone a different set of Order Markers, so the extra colors for those would be nice as well.
Old July 8th, 2018, 12:49 PM

Inspired by the recent talk of VC BattleBall units, I've been toying around with a Unique version of the Heavy Tackler so that people will be able to get by with purchasing just one box of the game. I'm not quite happy with it yet, but this is a fairly straightforward conversion of the design:

Essentially, only the stats of this version have been altered. I changed the class to Leader (along with the name of "Team Player" to reflect the figure's increased importance) to make the bonding a little simpler and increased the attack back up to 4 to give him a bit more punch.

I want him to be bulky if he's going to be the heart of the athlete army, so I spent some time debating between 6 Life/5 Defense and 7 Life/4 Defense. Ultimately, the latter won by a small margin because it lets him take disengages a little more reliably. Given that he's now unique instead of common, I felt that being able to disentangle himself from the opponent was an important thing to address.

The price of 130 was a quick estimate using Valguard as a basis. They both have the same survivability, Valguard has a situationally better (but less reliable) attack, and Brutus has a faster movement with Throw and less reliable bonding. The price almost definitely still needs tweaking, though.

The Black Harts and Brutus are definitely something that I'd like to get through the SoV if possible, so any feedback on the new direction for this guy would be much appreciated. I think that the design works better as a Common Hero, but the ratio of figures in the BattleBall box would make that very difficult to pull off for the SoV.
Old July 11th, 2018, 12:47 AM

Whiskey McGreggor Woo who?

I gotta say, it would be funny as hell to just pick up an annoying figure like a deathreaver and just throw it into lava.
And at 130 points I'd say he's pretty fair too, only complaint I might have is his health, I'd probably reduce it to 5 and give him a defense of 7 to compensate for it but overall he looks like a fun hero to play, especially since he bonds.
Old July 11th, 2018, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey McGreggor View Post
I gotta say, it would be funny as hell to just pick up an annoying figure like a deathreaver and just throw it into lava.
And at 130 points I'd say he's pretty fair too, only complaint I might have is his health, I'd probably reduce it to 5 and give him a defense of 7 to compensate for it but overall he looks like a fun hero to play, especially since he bonds.
I played a game with Heracles against some Deathreavers and Nilfheim when testing Eltris, and Throw was a huge relief for dealing with those pesky rats. Even without lava, there's likely a 50% chance of killing a squad figure with a throw, to boot.

Why do you feel like the health is too high? I was looking at Valguard as an inspiration for being able to afford some leaving engagement attacks (to improve the strength of his bonding), but I'm open to changing it. I'm not set on the current values yet.

I'm hesitant to go up to 7 defense because that reminds me of Q9 a little too much, but I was pretty heavily considering 6 Life with 5 Defense for a while. I'd like for him to be bulky, but I'm hesitant to make anything that's too tough to take down.

Thanks for the feedback! You've given me some good stuff to consider.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards