Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old February 17th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wave 11 Boosters

Tease :P

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
One thing's for sure, you don't want to put any molten lava tiles on the same level as other terrain when building your map, because then the Wyvern has the broken ability to just pick someone up and drop them in it!
What?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:44 PM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

The elementals look like they have real anti rat capability's, the wind element keeps the rats from getting adjacent as easily, the earth element has a special attack which can wreck multiple rats and doesn't activate scatter, the fire element has a way of killing rats which doesn't activate scatter either, and then the water element could be potentially used to water tunnel up behind the rat screen and attack the ranged units behind the rat screen. hmm, sounds like it has potential after Kurrok gets released guess we will just have to wait and see.

fortworthbret knows what's in an order marker fortworthbret knows what's in an order marker

I just preordered 3 of all. I wonder if it will be enough..........
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
One thing's for sure, you don't want to put any molten lava tiles on the same level as other terrain when building your map, because then the Wyvern has the broken ability to just pick someone up and drop them in it!
What?
I'm thinking he was worried about a wyvern placing a picked up figure in lava.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
What?
I'd say auto killing (okay 5% survival) a full life medium or small full life hero would be broken.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
What?
I'd say auto killing (okay 5% survival) a full life medium or small full life hero would be broken IF it could happen on any map..
Edited for clarification.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What?
I'd say auto killing (okay 5% survival) a full life medium or small full life hero would be really cool.
Fixed. Depending on how many lava-adjacent-zero level tiles you've got, it can be pretty easy to just make sure that you keep Raelin or whoever far enough away from said spot that a Wyvern can't snatch and molten lava dunk someone.

This is half the reason I made Burn Gully, guys.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...searchid=43300

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; February 17th, 2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:
What?
Yes, that's why I said don't build your map with molten lava on the same level as surrounding land terrain.

As long as your molten lava is below the adjacent land hexes, the Wyvern can't dump them in it.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM

Jer Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:
What?
I guess if you had a map where the lava tiles didn't have any pieces surrounding them you might be giving the wyvern an opportunity. Otherwise wouldn't the wyvern have to land in the lava with the figure to drop him in the lava? It's not enough for the lava to be at the same level, it has to be at the same level and adjacent to the wyvern.

ah - ninja'd.

(I can't say I've ever played on a map where lava/water/ice wasn't "contained" by surrounding pieces except at the edge of the board. I guess now that I think about it, it's possible to make a map like that - we do it with the shadow tiles - I just never have.)

Last edited by Jer; February 17th, 2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: ninjad
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What?
I'd say auto killing (okay 5% survival) a full life medium or small full life hero would be broken.
Then again there is nothing more satisifying than throw krav agent into lava.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Man, if I'm understanding the air elemental's powers. It's really going to cramp my melee style. Get a few of these guys set up in front of your ranged pod and my knights will just fall by the bucketloads as they try to swarm the ranged pod. The air elemental(s) will slow them down majorly!

Edit -

For all you Marvel lovers - you can use the Earth Elemental as the Thing!
You can use Gilbert, if you roll enough to move knights or whatever within 2 spaces of it, you can then use the Knights actual turn to complete the adjacency.

I also think the existence of the Air Elemental in the draft, especially once the Elementalist gets released, will improve the desirability of large melee figures. The Air Elemental can't do anything about Templar, Deathstalkers, Brunak, etc.
I think the Knights actually just took a step up, in a way, over other melee units. With Gilbert, they have a chance, but others are really hurt by this. (Seems like mixing in a little range continues to be a good idea, increasingly so.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Fixed. Depending on how many lava-adjacent-zero level tiles you've got, it can be pretty easy to just make sure that you keep Raelin or whoever far enough away from said spot that a Wyvern can't snatch and molten lava dunk someone.

This is half the reason I made Burn Gully, guys.

That is a fun map. Nice to get (half) the backstory .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News