Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old June 26th, 2020, 11:18 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Con Prep Event 4x400

Alright we are up to 9 players now. If we get any last minute registrants for tomorrow we'll take them. Try to get to the event 10-15 minutes early to let us know you're here. See you all tomorrow.
Old June 27th, 2020, 08:30 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Con Prep Event 4x400

Thanks for playing everyone! It ended up being a 3x400. We had 9 participants and my dad sat out to make it an even number, so we did a 3 round single elim event. Each player got to choose one of their three armies to remove. I defeated dok in the finals to get the first Online Con win.

The armies I used were:
Deathchasers x4, Nerak, MBS, Raelin
Braxas, Marro Warriors, Rats x3, Marcu
Knights x4, Sir Gilbert, Isamu
10th x4, Marcus

I removed my 10th x4 Marcus build which was definitely for the best. I think that the Wait then Fire squads are especially punished by the 400 point and 18 figure limit. They would just much rather have 4 more guys than the Alastair/Marcus big hero that the figure limit forces them to run. I think the Knight build there is almost mandatory; it's so good at 400 and you don't have any crucial figures that you're sucking from other armies. The Deathchasers are maybe a bit nonstandard for 4x400 but it's just a great 400 point army. It does suck the Raelin from another army though. The Rats Braxas Marro Warriors is kind of a parallel to the Krav Q9 Rats builds that are a little more commonly run in 4x400. I think it's a little more consistent than those which is why I picked it, but that consistency comes from the Marro Warriors not Braxas.

Game 1 (Knights x4, Gilbert, Isamu) vs. Cuzmo of Gilead (Heavies x3, Grimnak, Nerak, Marcu)

Classic melee vs melee slugfest of the two best melee armies. I think Heavies have the edge here generally, since Knights pay a lot for their 4th defense die and Grimnak doesn't care. But luckily some of the crucial moments went my way. Gilbert took a quick three wounds, but I disengaged him and hid him around the edges for the rest of the game and he never took any more damage. There was a huge a moment where I was able to kill a Grut with Gilbert and then fill the hole with Knights and pound Grimnak for 4 wounds and isolate him from the rest of his Gruts. And a similar one at the end to finish off Nerak and send the Gruts under a squad. I pulled it out with a 2 life Gilbert and four or fives Knights left.

Game 2 (Braxas, Marro Warriors, Rats x3, Marcu) vs. Dysole (Stingers x5, Raelin, Marcu)

This was a tense matchup because Braxas can shred Stingers, but their range and drain can easily mean death for her if she's not properly protected by Rats. Dysole made the interesting decision to almost entirely forego attacks on Rats. At the end of the second round I actually passed a turn with Braxas because it was too risky to move into the Stinger horde without my Rats developed and the no Scatters had killed their development. But I just rolled Rats further the next round, and at the end of Round 3 I gassed Raelin and a Stinger on my first real attacks. That totally changed the dynamic of the game since with Raelin dead I could afford an aggressive Braxas and Marro Warriors cleanup. Dysole did some aggressive moves of her own to try to get back in the game, disengaging and draining mostly successfully to take down the dragon. But I had taken out enough Stingers and had enough Rats remaining to make the Marro Warriors basically unstoppable. Every remaining Stinger was engaged with at least one Rat and I could just safely blast away at them.

Game 3 (Deathchasers x4, Raelin, Nerak, MBS) vs dok (4th x4, Alastair)

This was on the Swamp Highways and Dieways which is really a totally different board. The switch of the water on the top side for swamp water allows you to easily get Deathchasers of the start zone with battle rush when normally on this board that's painful. This game was basically dok trying to safely set up 4th and me carefully trying to deny them good position while setting up for a big wave swing turn. dok made the interesting choice of investing two order markers in advancing Alastair in the early rounds. He did land a kill on a Deathchasers but it cost him a lot of 4th activations and really it gave the Deathchasers something to hit since at the time of Alastair's big engage I was slightly on the ropes in terms of 4th Mass picking at the edges of my army and I didn't have any great damage to deal back to them. The game after I killed Alastair went according to plan for me. I sent Raelin deep and she held on really well, giving the Deathchasers and their mounted heroes ample time and defense to finish the 4th. I got a huge initiative and had some hot dice to make this happen, but it happened all like I drew it up.

So I took home the first Online Con win. Again thanks for coming out everyone and hope to see you all back for the main set of Online Con events next month.
Old June 27th, 2020, 09:26 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Watching and Waiting

Yeah, I waited too long to start the rat grind. Don't think it changes the outcome all that much, but it did mean that once I fell behind, it made it much harder for me to come back. It was fun nonetheless.

~Dysole, learning something every game

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events