Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 28th, 2020, 02:28 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Very Unofficial Tome of Dark Magician

Figure = Dark Magician #101 Yugioh! Starter Set Heroclix
Quote:
NAME = DARK MAGICIAN
SPECIES = MONSTER
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = SPELLCASTER
PERSONALITY = DARK
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 70

TRIBUTE SUMMON 2
This Dark Magician starts the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. Before taking a turn with this Dark Magician, if he started his turn on this card, place 2 wound markers distributed onto any two army cards you control. If one or more figures were destroyed this way, place this figure onto a previously occupied space, otherwise place this figure in your Start Zone.

FLYING
When counting spaces for this Dark Magician's movement, ignore elevations. This Dark Magician may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When this Dark Magician starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Note: the text quote is updated, the card is not.

Last edited by Splash; January 9th, 2022 at 11:54 PM.
Old November 28th, 2020, 02:29 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Very Unofficial Tome of Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Figure = Blue-Eyes White Dragon #104 Yugioh! Starter Set Heroclix
Quote:
NAME = BLUE-EYES WHITE DRAGON
SPECIES = MONSTER
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = DRAGON
PERSONALITY = LIGHT
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 80

TRIBUTE SUMMON 2
This Blue-Eyes White Dragon starts the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. Before taking a turn with this Blue-Eyes White Dragon, if it started its turn on this card, place 2 wound markers distributed onto any two army cards you control. If one or more figures were destroyed this way, place this figure onto a previously occupied space, otherwise place this figure in your Start Zone.

FLYING
When counting spaces for this Blue-Eyes White Dragon's movement, ignore elevations. This Blue-Eyes White Dragon may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When this Blue-Eyes White Dragon starts to fly, if it is engaged it will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Note: the text quote is updated, the card is not.

Last edited by Splash; January 5th, 2022 at 01:48 PM.
Old November 28th, 2020, 02:29 PM

The Tome of Ajay Shah III

Elephant figure = Elephant #43/44 D&D Icons of the Realms: Waterdeep Dragon Heist
Rider figure = Arabian Prince (sitting) - Empire of the Scorching Sands

Quote:
NAME = AJAY SHAH III
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARLORD
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 200

TRAMPLE STOMP
At any point while moving, Ajay Shah III may choose a small or medium figure that is adjacent, on the same level, and on a space where Ajay Shah III may end his movement. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-7, the figure is safe and Ajay Shah III's movement ends. If you roll 8-20, the chosen figure receives one wound. If the wound destroys the figure, move Ajay Shah III onto the space occupied, and you may continue Ajay Shah III's movement. If the chosen figure is not destroyed, Ajay Shah III's movement ends. Ajay Shah III must be on a space where he can end movement each time he uses this power.

STEADY CHARGE
Ajay Shah III rolls 1 additional attack dice when attacking any figure or destructible object that was at least 1 clear sight space away from Ajay Shah III at the start of his turn. Ajay Shah III cannot use Steady Charge if he already used Trample Stomp this turn.

DISMISS THE RABBLE
When rolling defense dice against adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Ajay Shah III receives 1 additional defense die.

Last edited by Splash; January 12th, 2021 at 03:42 PM. Reason: MOVE changed to 5, POINTS to 200
Old December 13th, 2020, 04:23 PM

The Very Unofficial Tome of Demogorgon

edit: Bloop

Last edited by Splash; January 24th, 2021 at 06:17 PM.
Old December 13th, 2020, 06:00 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Splash's Hall of Customs

Interesting! I like the use of the miniature from Stranger things and the clear references to the series.

The stats look pretty good for a 140 point creature that gets an incredible amount of mobility but he gets stuck if he gets tied up in engagements. That seems pretty fair. Cyberclaw and what not will keep him in the normal world. Would it be appropriate to add that he shouldn't be "appearing" on glyphs as well? Not that he can't just turn up right next to them already.

Almost wondering if The UPSIDE DOWN should have a roll associated with it similar to the Airborne Elite drop but with a lower threshold.

Blood tracking is interesting, I like the theme that you are going for with that. I think that most of this guy's points are tied up in mobility as I don't see any immediate bonding that he has, probably on purpose and for good reason. The life total makes him fall fairly fast even with 5 defense (6 with height, 8 with raelin added), kinda soulborg feeling in that regard. At the moment he looks like he plays like an assassin or a glyph grabber.
Old December 14th, 2020, 11:58 AM

Thanks Shiftrex! Some good notes, especially the glyph bit, just made the card though so it'd be a bit down the line. I'm considering pushing this through C3G if I can get the points and the approval though, so I'll definitely add in those tweaks if it ends up there. If there's ever a Mind Flayer, that's probably where synergy would come in.
Old December 14th, 2020, 03:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gotta remember to nominate your Hooded Justice next go around over at C3G if you're eligible at the time!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 3rd, 2021, 06:39 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Tome of Ajay Shah III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
NAME = AJAY SHAH III
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARLORD
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 210

TRAMPLE STOMP
At any point while moving, Ajay Shah III may choose a small or medium figure that is adjacent, on the same level, and on a space where Ajay Shah III may end his movement. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-7, the figure is safe and Ajay Shah III's movement ends. If you roll 8-20, the chosen figure receives one wound. If the wound destroys the figure, move Ajay Shah III onto the space occupied, and you may continue Ajay Shah III's movement. If the chosen figure is not destroyed, Ajay Shah III's movement ends. Ajay Shah III must be on a space where he can end movement each time he uses this power.

STEADY CHARGE
Ajay Shah III rolls 1 additional attack dice when attacking any figure or destructible object that was at least 1 clear sight space away from Ajay Shah III at the start of his turn. Ajay Shah cannot use Steady Charge if he already used Trample Stomp this turn.

DISMISS THE RABBLE
When rolling defense dice against adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Ajay Shah III receives 1 additional defense die.
I just wanted to pop in real quick and say that I love the idea of a Warlord riding a War Elephant. It feels very Orcish, but tying it to the Romans and Greeks is a really fun idea. Dismiss the Rabble is also a fun nod to the Templars.

I do think that it's worth noting that at 4 move, Ajay Shah probably won't be getting very far, even with his impressive stats. Assuming that he's double-spaced, it'll be pretty difficult for him to cross uneven terrain and he could end up blocking his Romans/Greeks from important positions as a result. Ranged attackers will probably deal some damage as he approaches, and unlike Tor-Kul-Na, he can't eat his squaddies to regain that health. Trample Stomp is still a very strong ability, but at 4 spaces, he's unlikely to go on the same rampages that Tor-Kul-Na is capable of.

It's a bit of a tough problem to "fix," as the best alternatives that I can think of are to either bump the move up to 5 or to use a ranged figure as the rider, which starts to run into some deja vu with mounted Hrognak. You could also try dropping the points a bit--I think that 170 is probably a closer estimate of the damage that this incarnation of Ajay Shah is likely to deal, even with his strong bonding.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the comments! I had a slightly better card for lower cost that I plopped into the Pre-SoV and I think I overcompensated in nerfing him down. I do like the move of 4 now, similar to HoSS's A-Zulmun, so I'll probably lower the cost. When I'm done painting the rider I'll definitely update the card with your suggestions.

edit: I went ahead and changed Move to 5 and just set him at 200 (elephants can move pretty fast it turns out).

Last edited by Splash; January 12th, 2021 at 03:19 PM.
Old January 12th, 2021, 03:17 PM

Finished painting Ajay himself! I went with old Mughal Empire colors (the elephant already has red and gold), but it could be changed up for whatever. I used Bugman's Glow for the skin tone, a yellow/gold on all the parts that look like they should be shiny metal, red on the turban and pants, lastly dark green on the puffy shirt areas.
Card update coming soon hopefully

Old January 12th, 2021, 03:21 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The paint job looks fantastic!

I may have to break down and get this guy in my next SoV order. How fares the process and the playtesting? Did you 3D print the platform on top or is it from something else?
Old January 12th, 2021, 03:26 PM

I haven't actually had a chance to playtest yet (I probably should before I update the card), this is just guesstimating with help from the calculator and comparison with similar figures. The platform is attached to the elephant figure: mini info is in the OP/3rd post up top (the text is the more up to date). Glad you like it!

Last edited by Splash; January 12th, 2021 at 03:43 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards