Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 15th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Mr_Shaky Woo who?
Introduction

Hello, I'm new to the board so I'm using this thread/post to introduce myself. I bought the Heroscape Rise of the Valkyrie set a few months ago and have been playing with that. The only experience I have with the game is playing that with a couple of friends. I recently found this website while searching for new maps/scenarios and decided to register.

A quick question if I can; in the last two weeks I've added a Sir Gilbert that I found on clearance at Toys R Us and a Warriors and Soulborg pack that I found at Wal-Mart to my set. I'm looking to buy some more figures/terrain online and was wondering what you guys would recommend for someone who primarily plays small draft games? I'd like to play with pre-built armies but don't know anyone else in my area who owns/plays Heroscape.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:50 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Introduction

Welcome to the addiction!

Anyway, I would like to say you should get a lot of Unique packs, they will broaden your game up a ton, and you can get more people fast. Once you've gotten good, you should definitely buy some more Commons, they are great. But at that walmart, you should buy 3 more of those Warriors and Soulborgs, they are one of the best sets. Good Luck

Oh and BTW, there are some tournaments going on every once in a while, search around in the boards and look.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
Welcome to the addiction!
Tuba should know!

Welcome to the site!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Welcome! I don't know if Aldin still does this, but he may be along shortly to extend you a laurel and a hearty handshake. I think you'll find we have quite an enjoyable community here.

I'm not anywhere near West Virginia, but from what I gather, there's a lot of people in the area who play HeroScape. You should look here.

Also, I can't find the link right now, but it's worth checking out the guidelines for posting here. We like people who use proper punctuation and grammar. Given the caliber of your first post, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Happy 'Scaping!

Jaz

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:29 PM

Mr_Shaky Woo who?

Buying the unique units makes sense. Is there a particular set that you guys recommend? Either because they're fun to play or because they'll soon become hard to acquire?

Mr_Shaky
I really should put something clever here.
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can find ones you like here and then you can buy them from any of the friendly retailers on the left banner at the home page here.

The first unique pack you should buy is Heroes of Durgeth, IMO. It's from wave 5 so it might be harder to find than others.
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:36 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

IMO means in my opinion.

Old July 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
IMO means in my opinion.
And you posted this because?

I didn't see where anyone asked what it meant or did you just assume that Shaky did not know what it meant?
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:59 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
IMO means in my opinion.

I didn't see where anyone asked what it meant or did you just assume that Shaky did not know what it meant?
This is why Onacara is around. So people like me can just sit back and enjoy the show.

I was thinking it and he said it.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Shaky View Post
Buying the unique units makes sense. Is there a particular set that you guys recommend? Either because they're fun to play or because they'll soon become hard to acquire?
The big ones with the dragons in them. They're fun. Raknar's Vision has Nilfheim in it. He's baller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would say that you should pick up the newly rereleased wave 1. The heros are pretty good, but the squads can provide the bread and butter for several army bulids. If cash is tight, then go ahead and stick to Gruts. They are the most bread/butter of all the squads, but if cash is not tight, drink the scapeness in!

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old July 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
IMO means in my opinion.

Well, Mr. Critic, I didn't know what it meant until about three days ago.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion