Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 26th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Legends of Scape (RPG)

Module HO-1: HAUNTED OAKS

For 4-8 Characters, Level 1

Encounter 2
Ash Creek marks the final boundary between the farmlands of Maybin Downs and the Haunted Oaks. Trina's trail leads down to the edge of the creek.

Encounter 2
3 Water Elementals
Allow the characters to show how they are walking across the map.
Roll initiative as soon as the first figures enter the water. Elementals appear in the water near the characters.

Old August 26th, 2017, 11:14 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Encounter 3
Trina's trail is obvious now that you've entered the forest--at least that's what your rangers say. Broken branches and trampled brush show recent disturbance. For those who aren't rangers, the forest just looks dark and gloomy. And quiet. Too quiet. You don't hear any birds or squirrels or even insects. The only sounds are your feet crunching on dead twigs as you push your way into the gloom.

And then you see a dim light ahead, and that light separates into three dimly glowing forms. As they approach, you realize you are looking at ghostly apparitions of long-dead knights. They are coming straight for your group.

Encounter 2
1 squad of Phantom Knights
Roll initiative. The knights will rush to attack.

Old August 26th, 2017, 01:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

This looks like a fun variant @White Knight . Great work on making this.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 27th, 2017, 05:04 PM

Encounter 4
You hear snarling up ahead, and then a terrifying howl. As you draw closer, you hear muffled sobs.

Encounter 4
1 Windigo
Roll initiative. The windigo will rush to attack.

After the Battle
Now that the wolf-creature is dead, the forest is quiet again. You hear a soft sobbing from inside a circle of trees. (Brigga, girl, 10 years old.)

(After rescuing Brigga and calming her down.)

"Chem and me were following Trina when that wolf thing appeared. I sent Chem after Trina and tried to throw rocks and hope that it would run off chasing them. But it spotted me and started to chase me. I ran, but I could hear it chasing me and howling. I was sure it would catch me, but somehow I ended up in these trees and it couldn't get inside."
Old August 28th, 2017, 11:28 AM

Encounter 5
The forest suddenly opens to a dry patch of ground. The trees here are dead--like some disease has killed them off.

Encounter 5
2 Wights
Roll initiative. The players must start across the map. When two of them have stepped on one of the three middle 7-hexes, the hexes will drop the two figures to the bottom level. Roll for falling damage (optional).

Roll initiative again. The wights will attack.

After the Battle
The ground inside the barrow is littered with dirt and rubble from the collapsing ceiling. But beneath the rubble, you see at least two shiny objects.

(A search will uncover a gold ring, a sword that has not rusted, and what looks like a magical wand. The wand has writing on it: "ARUME".)
+1 long sword
Ring of Levitation (instead of moving normally, you may move 1 space up to 25 levels higher or lower)
Wand of Magic Missiles II (18 charges, each charge releases 4 Magic Missiles)

(If a player's character puts on the ring, they will start to float. Players cannot attack melee with the ring on. They can attack with a ranged item with -1 to their attack.)
(If a player's character holds the wand and says the word "ARUME", the wand will glow and 4 magic missiles will shoot out wherever it is pointed.)
(Players will notice the sword is of exceptional quality. When they attack with it, they will feel some magic in the sword.)
Old August 29th, 2017, 02:36 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I really like this and plan to try it with my local group. Are there plans to post character sheets?
Also, how do you determine how many points of guys to throw at a party? Like a Challenge Rating?
Old August 29th, 2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
I really like this and plan to try it with my local group. Are there plans to post character sheets?
Also, how do you determine how many points of guys to throw at a party? Like a Challenge Rating?
Yes, I can post the character sheets. I'll try to get them uploaded today.

I've just been guessing at how many points of enemies are good. So far I found that multiple enemies are more deadly than a single enemy (they get more attacks per round, and they spread out and attack more figure each turn). First level characters in general can take out an ogre, or a troll, or a squad or two. When in doubt, I've been erring on the too-easy side. For me, it's important that my players FEEL that they are in danger but are still able to win the battle.

The most effective was the windigo, because I didn't show them the stat card so they had no idea how many Life it had. Or it's special abilities.
Old August 30th, 2017, 11:10 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Wow, I've just discovered this. Why the sudden re-invigoration? Are you guys "watered in"? I've wanted to do something like this and I almost bought the Frostgrave book that others have been using. But this looks cool.

How are you doing down there WK? I've been thinking about/praying for you and your family.
Old August 30th, 2017, 01:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Wow, I've just discovered this. Why the sudden re-invigoration? Are you guys "watered in"? I've wanted to do something like this and I almost bought the Frostgrave book that others have been using. But this looks cool.

How are you doing down there WK? I've been thinking about/praying for you and your family.
You should still pick up the Frostgrave book. Very cool game. Base book is only 16-20 bucks on amazon.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 30th, 2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post

Thanks Porkins.

My older son just started as a freshman in college. Before he left, I wanted to have one more epic Heroscape night for us to remember. I planned a party with good food and this Legends of Scape adventure. It was really, really incredible!

As for Hurricane Harvey, our house is fine, and the streets around us have been clear since Monday. But we have several friends who had water in their house (and might still have water). They are near the bayous and creeks, and those keep getting fed from higher ground. Several had to evacuate. A few friends are OK, but are on "islands"--they can't get out of their subdivisions.

We're trying to help others, but right now there are more volunteers than work to be done. I'm sure that will change once the water recedes and the job of tearing out the sheetrock and rugs starts.
Old August 30th, 2017, 04:36 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Good to know you guys are OK.

Looking forward to more details about how to run this campaign!
Old August 31st, 2017, 05:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thoughts and prayers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions