Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 18th, 2022, 11:05 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Austi-Con Heroscape Tournament Oct 8th 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
How many maps do you need?
@Codeman , your signature block..... Austin, MN, was home of the first Heroscape tourney?
Old September 19th, 2022, 04:04 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
How many maps do you need?
@Codeman , your signature block..... Austin, MN, was home of the first Heroscape tourney?
I think he might be referring to the first Tree Town Open held in 2005 which predates this site, and very well could be the first. Unfortunately heroscape.hq (the previous go-to site) is no longer in service to check for other tourney announcements. There were not a lot of tournaments going on yet in 2005 (if any) since Heroscape had only come out in 2004. The best bet would be at GenCon 2005. Heroscape had a presence there, but I don't know if they had tournaments yet until the next year.

In 2006 National Heroscape Day was created in part as a result of the Tree Town Open II. Codeman had it scheduled for the third Saturday on October of 2006, and around that time after GenCon 2006 there were brainstormings about getting tournaments up and running across the country. The fact that that this tourney and another large one in Dallas Fort Worth were scheduled on the same day already, led R˙chean to declare "October 21st national heroscape tournament day". The whole thing kind of took a viral life of its own and there were multiple tournaments spontaneously formed and held across the country. And, in fact, the third Saturday in October is now National Heroscape Day. (It almost brings a tear to my eye remembering that wonderful time)

Any one of those tournaments could claim to be the first National Heroscape Day tournaments, and they all are, but Tree Town Open I was certainly one of the first if not the first tournaments a whole year earlier.

The Tree Town Open was moved from Forrest City IA (Tree Town) to Austin MN last year so it can run in conjunction with AustiCon, so that's why it says Austin MN . . . . . . although . . . looking at it again it could be saying AustiCon was the first, before the first Tree Town even??

Edit: Nope, Tree Town was first.
Quote:
Tree Town Open II

Everyone ready to do battle again ? We’ve started in Fostest City, IA last year… had two more tournaments in Austin, MN earlier this year… Now it’s time to bring it back to Tree Town ( Forest City, Iowa ).

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old September 19th, 2022, 08:45 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Oh wow! That's some epoch-making history. Thanks, @Strack9 , for the detailed account.
Old October 5th, 2022, 12:13 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it. This ended up conflicting with my annual fishing trip. Really bummed, was hoping to get back into it this year. Also, I'm nearing the point where my oldest can start joining in as well! Hopefully next year!
Old October 8th, 2022, 06:58 PM

akern47 is surprisingly tart

Had a great time at my first tournament. Thx for hosting!
Old October 13th, 2022, 03:36 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Sorry it took a while. Here are the results of the tournament. Thanks to Codeman for supplying the maps, thanks to all who donated prizes, and thanks to all who participated!

Strack9 (4-1 +940)
Ranjit Singh
Clayton Pierce
James Murphy
Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
Louis "Mad Dog" Malone
Kate Crawford
Guilty McCreech
Bol
Otonashi

Micre Lindlief (4-1 +750)
Grimnak
Ornak
Heavy Gruts x 4
Isamu

belrix (3-2 +680)
Cyprien Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV)
Otonashi
Isamu

Andrew Kern (3-2 +470)
Mimring
Krug
Swog Rider x2
Arrow Gruts x3

Jason Ramola (3-2 +250)
Sentinels of Jandar x4

Estrella Strackbein (3-2 +195)
Charos
Greenscale Warriors x1
4th Massachusetts Line x3
Eldgrim the Viking Champion
Isamu

Austin Oeltjenbruns (3-2 +170)
Venoc Warlord
Kozil
Wyvern x1
Fyorlag Spiders x4
Isamu

Codeman (2-3 -550)
Minions of Utgar x4
Theracus
Guilty McCreech
Isamu

Sophie Faiman (2-3 -715)
Acolarh
Aubrien Archers x4
Warriors of Ashra x1
Realin the Kyrie Warrior

Kevin Strauss (1-4 -570)
Major Q9
Marro Stingers x3
Deathreavers x2

Nate Faiman (1-4 -625)
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM)
Airborne Elite
Sir Denrick
Fen Hydra x1
Isamu

Evelyn Strackbein (1-4 -995)
Kurrock the Elementalist
Fire Elemental x8
Water Elemental x2
Air Elemental x2
Old October 13th, 2022, 04:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Wow, it's interesting seeing a cowboy build do so well against some pretty strong armies. I imagine Ranjit helped quite a bit there.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Colorado Winter Throwdown 2022
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate, Kingfisher, Thaw
Spoiler Alert!

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 13th, 2022, 04:48 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Wow, it's interesting seeing a cowboy build do so well against some pretty strong armies. I imagine Ranjit helped quite a bit there.
Yeah. Strack9 is one of the best players in the area. It was quite the masterclass in spreading OMs and carefully moving damaged units to safety.
Old October 14th, 2022, 12:18 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the kind words. I was sweating bullets at some point in each game and there was definitely some initiative wins that would have ended in a party wipe if they had gone the other way.

Thanks again for hosting Scy. I'm glad these tournaments are still around and that I got to bring another one of my kids to experience their first one.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old November 4th, 2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Sorry it took a while. Here are the results of the tournament. Thanks to Codeman for supplying the maps, thanks to all who donated prizes, and thanks to all who participated!

Strack9 (4-1 +940)
Ranjit Singh
Clayton Pierce
James Murphy
Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
Louis "Mad Dog" Malone
Kate Crawford
Guilty McCreech
Bol
Otonashi

Micre Lindlief (4-1 +750)
Grimnak
Ornak
Heavy Gruts x 4
Isamu

belrix (3-2 +680)
Cyprien Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Otonashi
Isamu

Andrew Kern (3-2 +470)
Mimring
Krug
Swog Rider x2
Arrow Gruts x3

Jason Ramola (3-2 +250)
Sentinels of Jandar x4

Estrella Strackbein (3-2 +195)
Charos
Greenscale Warriors x1
4th Massachusetts Line x3
Eldgrim the Viking Champion
Isamu

Austin Oeltjenbruns (3-2 +170)
Venoc Warlord
Kozil
Wyvern x1
Fyorlag Spiders x4
Isamu

Codeman (2-3 -550)
Minions of Utgar x4
Theracus
Guilty McCreech
Isamu

Sophie Faiman (2-3 -715)
Acolarh
Aubrien Archers x4
Warriors of Ashra x1
Realin the Kyrie Warrior

Kevin Strauss (1-4 -570)
Major Q9
Marro Stingers x3
Deathreavers x2

Nate Faiman (1-4 -625)
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM)
Airborne Elite
Sir Denrick
Fen Hydra x1
Isamu

Evelyn Strackbein (1-4 -995)
Kurrock the Elementalist
Fire Elemental x8
Water Elemental x2
Air Elemental x2
Looks like you're missing the Sentinels army, no?
Old November 4th, 2022, 05:04 PM

Nvm. I found it.
Dunno why it took 5 read-throughs lol.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events