Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 28th, 2022, 02:19 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Summons of HoTP: AoTP and MTG Custom Heroscape Card

Vydar has summoned the Duskmantle Prowlers to join Lazav in the House Dimir Guild. Additionally, the Duskmantle Prowlers add "Exalted" as a MTG converted ability. Their card is posted in the beginning post of this thread in the Guild of Ravnica Custom Conversions. I hope you all enjoy it and I welcome any comments.

Last edited by gatormustang; November 28th, 2022 at 03:34 PM.
Old December 5th, 2022, 09:33 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Summons of HotP: AotP and MTG Custom Heroscape Card

I have finally decided on the final two units for the House Dimir Guild. The second squad unit will be the Duskmantle Operatives. These are human rogues and will have synergies with their guild master Lazav and also with assassins and rogues. The concept is done and card design is in progress. The final unit is the Nightveil Specter. The concept is in progress, but “fear” abilities will most likely be the dominant theme.
Old December 7th, 2022, 05:39 PM

@IAmBatman thank you for relocating my thread/project to the Custom Units and Army Card section within the Heroscapers community.
Old December 23rd, 2022, 11:50 AM

Vydar has summoned the Duskmantle Operatives to join Lazav in the House Dimir Guild. Duskmantle Operatives have unique synergies with Lazav and Assassins. Their card is posted in the beginning post of this thread in the Guild of Ravnica Custom Conversions. I hope you all enjoy it and I welcome any comments.
Old December 23rd, 2022, 07:45 PM

Lazav, Duskmantle Prowlers, and Duskmantle Operatives are in playtesting. Nightveil Specter the final unit for the Dimir Guild is in design concept and will focus on “fear” abilities as the dominant theme.
Old December 25th, 2022, 11:49 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Omanth’s powers are interesting by in that they seem to be hard to use together point-wise in an army which I guess makes him cheaper than I first thought. Am interested to hear more about his play testing. He seems to be similar to Su-Bak-Na but with strong army requirements and no flying. I don’t think those justify the 25 point difference, especially with Omanth having much more durability (no nagrub bonding, but points-wise that all/mostly goes to the nagrubs).

Omanth also isn’t very future proof in that a cheap Aquilla Wizard/Sorcerer/Mage could make him broken. Especially since the power says each one and doesn't specify Hero/Squad, a squad or two could really make Mindshackle a dangerously low roll. He could also break in very high point games but I’m not sure if that is the biggest concern. I personally think this power should give a benefit other than all d20 rolls. Making it very specific or something mg else entirely would work better. Or even having it cap at +1.

Last edited by yamissflash; December 26th, 2022 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Better ideas
Old December 26th, 2022, 04:21 PM

@yamissflash thank you for your comments on Omnath. You caught some good points about the card. The first is for Omanth’s Mana Overflow it is meant for only Unique Hero Wizards, Mages, and Sorcerers that follow Aquila. In addition for Omanth’s Elemental Ascendancy it is for each Elemental squad or hero you control. It would be way two much of a benefit if it were for each Elemental figure. Lastly, I do agree about your point value. At a value of 125 that is probably to low. I think a value of 150 is probably closer to where Omanth needs to be. Omanth’s special powers are only effective if you have Elemental units or Aquila Wizards, Mages, or Sorcerers. Without any of that Omanth is not very strong at all. I will make the changes I mentioned and repost the updated card. I’ll also upload the current map and battle that my son and I are play testing Omanth, Lazav, Duskmantle Prowlers, and Duskmantle Operatives.

Last edited by gatormustang; December 26th, 2022 at 05:40 PM.
Old December 28th, 2022, 09:55 PM

Updated Omanth based on comments/inputs from @yamissflash . Update can be found in the initial post of this thread. In addition added a new Playtest section with the current map that Omanth, Lazav, Duskmantle Prowlers, and Duskmantle Operatives are currently being tested on.

Last edited by gatormustang; December 29th, 2022 at 08:51 AM.
Old December 29th, 2022, 11:20 AM

Updated Playtest section with better photos of current playtest for Omnath, Lazav, Duskmantle Prowlers, and Duskmantle Operatives.
Old January 8th, 2023, 07:39 PM

Since a lot of the models I am using for AoTP are either unpainted or STL files I will be posting my custom painted models with the cards as I get them finished. I now have a 3D printer so I'll be able to print out those figures soon and get them painted also. My first custom painted units are the Duskmantle Operatives and are shown on the initial thread post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards